UPS Backup reduced???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
As most of the forum members know, I recently bought a APC Smart 1KVA UPS. I had been using it for keeping my system up and running while the power's gone and that meant usually an hour but in worst cases maybe 2 hrs on full charge BUT the important thing is that it kept running without any hitch.
For past one week I've noticed that now even after a full charge, backup time has been reduced to just 40 mins. What happened?? As the Joker says in The Dark Knight "Did his balls just drop off???" There have been no new hardware additions and even the low and critical battery level for it has been set to 5% and 1% respectively by me. What's going on, I mean is this reduction natural or a foul play?:???:

Raccoon

Journeyman
Isn't it in warranty? Let APC deal with the headache. Ask them to replace the batt!

How many times have you charged/discharged it? Batts have a specific life-span; in that they can be charged a specific no. of times. After that you need a new one!

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Well I'm trying to get online help from APC guys and see what happens. I bought from Delhi and going there and chugging the 20Kg behemoth along is not an easy task. It has charged and discharged numerous times, almost on daily basis but I bought it in this October only, it shouldn't die down so soon.

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
I mailed APC but no reply yet, queried Contec System's through npithub.com but no reply from there either. Thinking of calling the vendor but wanna know one thing, what should I say I want to claim the warranty on the basis of? $hitty cheap batteries or what? :S

Raccoon

Journeyman
Try their toll free customer care number. Tell them your back up time has reduced (as you said)... and that you feel you have been given a defective battery...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom