Sharing is caring
Dear Friends

I have computer with following configuration

Core2Duo 2.8GHz

Intel D102 Mother Board

1GB DDR2 ram

my aim is to change the motherboard and ram and upgrade graphic card

My maximum budget will be 10k
I want to buy a new motherboard that can support DDR3 ram and DDR5 graphic card and most importantly

I don't want to change the processor now bcoz of economic limitation so instead i would like to buy a mother board that can support core2 duo and i5 or i7 processor in future

in simple terms i want a mother board that is future proof
in all aspects

kapilove77

Padawan
i guess core 2 duo support 775 socket and i5,i7 support 1155 socket. So u have to buy whole sb build or upgrade core2duo only.

rahulmax

Broken In
Dear Friends

I have computer with following configuration

Core2Duo 2.8GHz

Intel D102 Mother Board

1GB DDR2 ram

my aim is to change the motherboard and ram and upgrade graphic card

My maximum budget will be 10k
I want to buy a new motherboard that can support DDR3 ram and DDR5 graphic card and most importantly

I don't want to change the processor now bcoz of economic limitation so instead i would like to buy a mother board that can support core2 duo and i5 or i7 processor in future

in simple terms i want a mother board that is future proof
in all aspects

Sorry bro but there is not a single core 2 duo motherboard that will support the 2nd generation i5 or i7 processors, core 2 duo uses LGA775 and 2nd gen core i5 and i7 uses LGA1155 , there's no motherboard that supports both.

You will have to change the processor to change the motherboard.

IMO if you are low on budget just stick with your mobo and cpu. Put some more RAM and get a decent graphic card for now, spend approx 4-5k for now. Then when you have a good budget , upgrade your rig completely.

OP
M

mnnueltuttu

Sharing is caring
What about AMD phenon class is there any motherboard that support phenon 4core 6core etc.. and also core 2duo

sorry for my ignorance someone near my place told it is not possible to fit intel processor on AMD board i just want to confirm

rahulmax

Broken In
What about AMD phenon class is there any motherboard that support phenon 4core 6core etc.. and also core 2duo

sorry for my ignorance someone near my place told it is not possible to fit intel processor on AMD board i just want to confirm

yes you can't put a amd processor in an intel mobo and there's no mobo that supports both core2 duo and 2nd gen i5 , i7.

your processor is very much capable of playing games at good fps. what resolution do you usually play on?

OP
M

mnnueltuttu

Sharing is caring
yes you can't put a amd processor in an intel mobo and there's no mobo that supports both core2 duo and 2nd gen i5 , i7.

your processor is very much capable of playing games at good fps. what resolution do you usually play on?

I mean is there any mobo that can support both core2duo and amd phenon and if it is not possible please suggest me a graphic card that will work with core2duo and also with AMD phenon IIX 6core 8 core or i5 or i7

and should be able to play following games
1)Assassins Creed Revelations
2)Batman Arkham City
3)Need For Speed Run
4)Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3
5)Elder Scroll V Skyrim
6)Rage

and if possible crysis

i know i am putting lot of stress but plz help me and i am ready to spend huge portion of my budget just for graphic card

sukesh1090

Adam young
@mnnueltuttu,
buddy it is not possible to support i5,i7 on core2duo processor mobo and vice versa because they both are diffrent chipsets.core2duo(the one you have) repuires a 775 chipset mobo and core i3,i5,i7 repuires 1136 and 1155 chipset mobo.there is nothing like future proof as no one has seen the future and in case of intel it is not at all possible to say that the mobo supports the future processors as they change their chipsets with every new processors line up.

If you are ready to spend 4-5k more then it is possible to suggest good-mobo-ram-gfx card.
NOTE-if you have some time i suggest you to go through this forum once.

OP
M

mnnueltuttu

Sharing is caring
i only need good-mobo-gfx card.

so plz suggest if u can

I don't mind about the processor any more i Hope that core 2duo 2.8Ghz can play all the games mentioned here i am getting all these just for 1400/- which of course are used

So i need a DDR3 Ram supported mother board that can accomadate a 1GB graphic card
and also core2duo
this setting should be able to play all the following game

2)Batman Arkham City
3)Need For Speed Run
5)Elder Scroll V Skyrim
6)Rage

and if possible crysis

so please suggest a grafix card and mother board for it

sukesh1090

Adam young
Intel,
775-core2duo,core2quad,pentium dual core
1136-1st generations core i processors
1155-2nd generation core i processors.or sandybridge.
2011-ivy bridge processors released next year.

AMD,
AM2-Athlon processors
AM3-Phenom and athlon processors
AM3+ -FX Or bulldozer processors
FM1 AND FM2-Fusion or apus.
Above is the list of mobo chipsets and supported processors.
-none of the mobo has 2 different chipsets of above list.
-you cannot interchange the mobo and processors.
-you have to buy processor or mobo according to the supported chipsets.
-last but not least:intel processors were not supported,is not supported and will not be supported in amd mobos and vice versa is also true.

OP
M

mnnueltuttu

Sharing is caring
Intel,
775-core2duo,core2quad,pentium dual core
1136-1st generations core i processors
1155-2nd generation core i processors.or sandybridge.
2011-ivy bridge processors released next year.

AMD,
AM2-Athlon processors
AM3-Phenom and athlon processors
AM3+ -FX Or bulldozer processors
FM1 AND FM2-Fusion or apus.
Above is the list of mobo chipsets and supported processors.
-none of the mobo has 2 different chipsets of above list.
-you cannot interchange the mobo and processors.
-you have to buy processor or mobo according to the supported chipsets.
-last but not least:intel processors were not supported,is not supported and will not be supported in amd mobos and vice versa is also true.

Man i understood that so my only concern now is graphic card and compatible motherboard i don't want to interchange the processor and all

I don't mind about the processor any more i Hope that core 2duo 2.8Ghz can play all the games mentioned here i am getting all these just for 1400/- which of course are used

So i need a DDR3 Ram supported mother board that can accomadate a 1GB graphic card
and also core2duo
this setting should be able to play all the following game

2)Batman Arkham City
3)Need For Speed Run
5)Elder Scroll V Skyrim
6)Rage

and if possible crysis

so please suggest a grafix card and mother board for it

Cilus

laborare est orare
Kapilove, I think OP didn't see my post before posting his last one. So just placed my post at the last to avoid confusion.

Let me clear a few things:

1. Processor support depends upon the motherboard. For i3/i5/i7 you need a different mobo and for Core2Duo you need different mobo.

2. Graphics card support does not depends upon processor. Any motherboard which has a PCI Express X16 slot (Slot used for plugging the Graphics card) can have all the current generation graphics cards to be installed on it.

So I am suggesting you a config based on your requirement. It seems like your knowledge it little low and I don't wanna confuse you with technical jargons. But do read the following threads ro increase your knowledge.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-sup...89-power-supply-blacklist-thread-newbies.html

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/149373-read-me-before-asking-question-section.html

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-c...ormation-regarding-graphic-cards-newbies.html

Now here is your config:-

CPU: Your Existing CPU
Motherboard: Asus P5G41T-M-LX @ 2.6K
Ram: Corsair single 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3 module @ 1.2K
Gfx card: MSI HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 @ 5K
PSU or SMPS: FSP SAGA II 500W @ 2.2K

Total 11K.

OP
M

mnnueltuttu

Sharing is caring
Kapilove, I think OP didn't see my post before posting his last one. So just placed my post at the last to avoid confusion.

Let me clear a few things:

1. Processor support depends upon the motherboard. For i3/i5/i7 you need a different mobo and for Core2Duo you need different mobo.

2. Graphics card support does not depends upon processor. Any motherboard which has a PCI Express X16 slot (Slot used for plugging the Graphics card) can have all the current generation graphics cards to be installed on it.

So I am suggesting you a config based on your requirement. It seems like your knowledge it little low and I don't wanna confuse you with technical jargons. But do read the following threads ro increase your knowledge.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-sup...89-power-supply-blacklist-thread-newbies.html

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/149373-read-me-before-asking-question-section.html

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-c...ormation-regarding-graphic-cards-newbies.html

Now here is your config:-

CPU: Your Existing CPU
Motherboard: Asus P5G41T-M-LX @ 2.6K
Ram: Corsair single 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3 module @ 1.2K
Gfx card: MSI HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 @ 5K
PSU or SMPS: FSP SAGA II 500W @ 2.2K

Total 11K.

My local people bill me a lot

SMPS basic 500w will start from 3800/-
Gfx card: MSI HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 not readily available

so suggested Nvidia GT520 for 3000/-

so will this setting work for the games above and DDR5 start from around 4000/- in my local area i don't want to buy from online bcoz i am from kerala and here we have no service centres for major graphic card companies

will the DDR3 Graphic card and mother will run on 450 watts smps

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
don't waste money buying GT520. not worth it. in simple terms "slow". yes the GPU will work fine but its better to invest in a good psu so your pc is safe as a blown psu usually damages pretty much any component connected to it.

it doesn't matter if you don't have service center. most of the time distributors take the component for servicing.

also a local smps cost 500 bucks not 3k. yes iball Splinter & a few psu (looks premium) cost ~3k but instead go for tried & tested psu.

OP
M

mnnueltuttu

Sharing is caring
Friend I am not telling about some local PSU but it is branded and they will coast me around 4000
and about online buying yesterday i asked them will they take i5 processor i might buy online to service center
they simply told no and said that they will not take any thing to service center unless you show them their bill
they told me that u have to carry products to service center by u and interesting factor most products like Nvidia doesn't have any centers or collection centers in kerala AFAIK
and about GPU if it is bad plz tell me any others that is Good VFM

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
^^Nvidia itself won't have any service center. You need to go to the service center of the brand you purchase graphic card of. Read this if you are confused: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-c...ormation-regarding-graphic-cards-newbies.html

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, it is not possible that major brands don't have any service center in whole Kerala. Use google search a bit. I searched a little and found out that both MSI (for Gfx card) and Asus (for motherboard) have plenty of service center present over there.

Check
MSI India – Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Mainboard, Graphics and more
ASUS - Facilities and Branches

Piyush

Lanaya
@OP
since many replies already posted so far, so i wont go explaining the same things again
Instead I'll give some few alternatives that might suit you

#since you have a limited budget, then you better stick with your current setup and get a good graphic card along with decent power supply

#in 10 k budget, you can look upon HD 6770+Tagan stonerock 500W *(or any equivalent PSU )combo which will come in your budget bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom