Upgrading from Core2Quad

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Hi guys,

I'd like to upgrade to Ivy bridge (at last) . My existing specification is in my signature. I'm just looking to upgrade the following :

1) Processor (Ivy bridge)
2) Motherboard (should support the Ivy bridge architecture)
3) Cpu Cooler

Budget is around 30k-40k , I spotted an Ivy bridge on PrimeAGBG :

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

Seems a bit too expensive , if any cheaper alternatives exist (in Ivy Bridge) I'll take it.

Also , please confirm if my existing PSU will support all of it.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
I would suggest you to wait one month more before upgrading your PC. Your present config is good enough to last at least 1 more month. In the meantime I think 3770K would be more radially available in the market and thus reducing the cost of your upgrade.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
One question before suggesting, Will you overclock the CPU?

About PSU, your existing PSU is very good. No need to change it.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Hi guys,

I'd like to upgrade to Ivy bridge (at last) . My existing specification is in my signature. I'm just looking to upgrade the following :

1) Processor (Ivy bridge)
2) Motherboard (should support the Ivy bridge architecture)
3) Cpu Cooler

Budget is around 30k-40k , I spotted an Ivy bridge on PrimeAGBG :

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

Seems a bit too expensive , if any cheaper alternatives exist (in Ivy Bridge) I'll take it.

Also , please confirm if my existing PSU will support all of it.

Your current configuration is too good to upgrade you don't need upgrade.

Cilus

laborare est orare
The only upgrade that you can do, although not necessary, is to sell of the existing GTX 560 Ti and get something like HD 7870, HD 7870 or GTX 670. But again that is also not necessary.

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
Just Upgrade the motherboard then wait for the complete launch of Ivy's Motherboard mentioned below is the best in range motherboard filled with USB 3.0s and other good features Only CON of the Motherboard is having only one PCIe slot with x16 lanes.
Get this Mobo if your Sure you will NEVER Go SLI/Crossfire
Your processor get a i5 2500k OC it be happy :-D
Motherboard-Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H it will be around 8k
Review Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Review | t-break: Tech @ Its Fastest

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Any real need to Upgrade? Or just bite of Upgrade Bug :) because utility wise I don't think your config is exactly outdated as such.

OP
T

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Any real need to Upgrade? Or just bite of Upgrade Bug :) because utility wise I don't think your config is exactly outdated as such.

Well, I think it might be the upgrade bug. I got the processor back in 2008 , and while it's still going strong , it's quite a few generations old..don't you agree?

Gauravs90

geek........
You don't really need to upgrade if it's still going strong. You can upgrade your GPU but its also not necessary.

Invest in something which is necessary for your life..

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
GTX 560Ti and Q6600? I don't think you need upgrade now. Save the cash so you can spend a lot more the next time you upgrade.

I can the the GPU and CPU going strong for next 18 months atleast :wink:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hi,

You can go for the following config if u wanted to

INTEL CORE i5 3570k – 14500
ASROCK Z77 EXREME4 – 9500
DELL ST2220L HD LED MONITOR – 8000
CORSAIR 400R CABINET – 3950
COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO - 2250
ASUS DRW-24B3ST DVD-RW – 1000

TOTAL-39200

Because you have a very good PSU and GPU this is the best config you can ever get.Also there is no need to upgrade your RAM as 8GB is sufficient enough for you needs.You can come to Hyderabad to buy these because here at ARUN COMPUTERS,CHENOY TRADE CENTRE,SECUNDERABAD you are getting at the above mentioned prices.Ok.You can ask for Mr.Raghu in Arun Computers and his Cell no. is 9849457428.

Last edited:
OP
T

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Buy 10 gm gold @ 31k and it will resell @ 50K next year and buy a Ivy + GTX690 next year end.

Lol , truly a wise old owl. Coincidentally, a cousin of mine suggested the same..i.e investing in gold.

Anyway, thank you all for the suggestions. I'll hold off buying for the time being.

Top Bottom