shejin983

Broken In
My PC Configuration.
Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 @ 2.53GHz
Intel DG35EC
2.00 GB DDR2
450 Watts Techcom PSU with Cabin

I wanna Upgrade to High Performance Gaming PC with Super Frame Rates
at Higher Resolutions with Ultra Settings on a Single 22" LCD Monitor.

My PROPOSED UPGRADE PLAN:
GPU (Not Decided Yet)
Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 @ 2.53GHz (Same)
Intel DG35EC (Same)
4.00 GB DDR2 (Changed from 2.00 GB)
600 Watts Corsair PSU (Changed from 450 Watts)

Which Graphics Card had Good Value for Money ?
-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680/670/660
-AMD Radeon HD 7970/7950/7850
What Other Components should I upgrade ?
Do I need to upgrade my CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 @ 2.53GHz ?
Because "Nvidia: No Difference Between Core i7 and Core 2 Duo in Gaming."
My Budget is Rs.8000 to Rs.15000. I have a separate budget for RAM & GPU :)

Last edited:

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
If you install Any High end GPU like Those mentioned will bottleneck. And as for the PSU , you will have to buy a new one becoz that 450w PSU will BLOW OFF ANY TIME and it will take your system along with it.

In Short you will have buy a new pc to game in high settings otherwise you will have to go with a med GPU + PSU and RAM too.But the second part of the upgrade is not advisable.
I would suggest you go with a new pc.

Last edited:

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
@OP : Your board does have a PCIe x16 slot. But adding a GPU (along with a decent PSU of course) like GTX 680 or HD 7970 won't be a good idea as there is every possible chance that your CPU's gonna bottleneck its performance. You can also add a GPU which runs w/o external power but that won't suffice your needs for Full HD gaming.

So think and decide what all components you're planning to upgrade, the maximum budget and fill this and edit your first post.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
best updgrade for you is:

1)get 4gb ram more to make it 6gb

2)get new corsair cxv2 430w psu

3)get hd gtx 650ti 1gb

anything above this willl be huge bottleneck.the bad luck is that you cannot overclock that motherboard.even gtx 650ti will bottleneck in cpu intensive games but i think you are playing at higher resolution then gpu matter more than cpu so it will be fine!

for hd 7970,gtx670 you need whole new system

Buddy, your cpu will give some serious bottleneck to any gpu. Save that precious money and get a better cpu and motherboard instead.

OP
S

shejin983

Broken In
If you install Any High end GPU like Those mentioned will bottleneck. And as for the PSU , you will have to buy a new one becoz that 450w PSU will BLOW OFF ANY TIME and it will take your system along with it.

In Short you will have buy a new pc to game in high settings otherwise you will have to go with a med GPU + PSU and RAM too.But the second part of the upgrade is not advisable.
I would suggest you go with a new pc.

@OP : Your board does have a PCIe x16 slot. But adding a GPU (along with a decent PSU of course) like GTX 680 or HD 7970 won't be a good idea as there is every possible chance that your CPU's gonna bottleneck its performance. You can also add a GPU which runs w/o external power but that won't suffice your needs for Full HD gaming.

So think and decide what all components you're planning to upgrade, the maximum budget and fill this and edit your first post.

Buddy, your cpu will give some serious bottleneck to any gpu. Save that precious money and get a better cpu and motherboard instead.

best updgrade for you is:

1)get 4gb ram more to make it 6gb

2)get new corsair cxv2 430w psu

3)get hd gtx 650ti 1gb

anything above this willl be huge bottleneck.the bad luck is that you cannot overclock that motherboard.even gtx 650ti will bottleneck in cpu intensive games but i think you are playing at higher resolution then gpu matter more than cpu so it will be fine!

for hd 7970,gtx670 you need whole new system

GPU (Not Decided Yet)
Intel DG35EC (Same)

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
GPU (Not Decided Yet)
Intel DG35EC (Same)

Whatever it will be helpful only to run MARIO or Roadrash. Sell you old PC, get a decent budget & a Gaming PC.

^ Is it NVIDIA who said this or your opinion ??

Last edited:

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
C2D and i7 do give same gaming performance for following Games:

1. Dave
2. Minesweeper
3. Solitaire
4. Freecell
5. AoE 1 & 2
6. Fifa 99
+ Pretty much all the games that were released before 2005. (Excluding some FPS games)

If you want to play those then you are fine. Also you don't need to upgrade to anything more than a HD6770 for most of those games.

If you want to Play any game specifically FPS , Car racing which are released later then C2D wont cut it. Try installing Demo of Crysis on your machine and give it a try at LOW GFX levels.

Cilus

laborare est orare
C2D and i7 do give same gaming performance for following Games:

1. Dave
2. Minesweeper
3. Solitaire
4. Freecell
5. AoE 1 & 2
6. Fifa 99
+ Pretty much all the games that were released before 2005. (Excluding some FPS games)

If you want to play those then you are fine. Also you don't need to upgrade to anything more than a HD6770 for most of those games.

If you want to Play any game specifically FPS , Car racing which are released later then C2D wont cut it. Try installing Demo of Crysis on your machine and give it a try at LOW GFX levels.

:grin::grin::grin:

thaluageek

Broken In
brother No offense But -

only GTX 660 And HD 7850 will fit in your budget and like other members said ,your cpu will bottleneck most of the latest games,so an HD 7770 is More than enough for you
BTW Which GPU are you using currently??

Top Bottom