updates download problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saharika

In the zone
I have dail up connection at home so there is no question of huge downloads some time some updates of like windows says it is 21 MB or More ...
so what i want to know is can that (file) updates downloaded in some other computer(having faster net connection) and brought to computer with dail up through some physical media.

The problem is how to identify which updates to download?
after download ,may be file (i dont know) how to bring changes in the system ...
whats in case of software updates,specially antivirus software...

what the updates does ..does it add to existing files or it download newer files
i afarid there may be collision,lost files if i do manually...

is there any way or just i need to do it through same computer what ever time it takes..
is there any way..
thanks..

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
U can use Autopatcher by neowin, Digit gives it every month, it is a collection of updates as files and u have the choice to choose the one u want after seeing its description...

alternatively u can d/l it from www.neowin.net

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
QwertyManiac said:
U can use Autopatcher by neowin, Digit gives it every month, it is a collection of updates as files and u have the choice to choose the one u want after seeing its description...

alternatively u can d/l it from www.neowin.net

especially this AVG seems to give update every week which is very tedious if u do it is tedious if we dont some security prob

any way thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom