Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others (Please post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

krazydude

Journeyman
I like Opera and am trying out myIE2 now. But Opera is the best. IE comes last after Netscape. haven't tried firefox as of yet. what is the site ??

svenkat83

Journeyman
Thanks to whoever brought this thread from the grave..
Still usiing Opera..
Firefox for gmail.IMO Opera beats firefox by a huge margin. :)

hafees

In the zone
i dont believe it_waazn't me (GOD!! the name stucks ) is right. Opera uses minimum system resources when compared to IE.
Provides many options, more configurable, more user friendly etc etc.

nirubhai have made a clear point.
OPERA is the BEST :|

"Masters use Opera. Victims use IE" - thanks nirubhai !!! :)

hafees

In the zone
with respect to speed

mozilla firefox > Opera 7 >> IE

with respect to features

opera7>>IE>mozilla fire fox

Winner

opera7 >> IE > mozilla firefox

:)

prathapml

Broken In
nirubhai said:
Well, MyIE2 would be a better option to IE. But not for Opera 8)

Where performance(or speed) is the issue there is only one browser & its Opera!

At some time of my browsing,
I have opened 40 windows(web pages) in Opera simultaniously!....
That too WITHOUT CRASHING THE SYSTEM
Can you imagine this?
(My PC is P-II 350, 128MB RAM with 7200rpm drive)
IE would crash even if I open & close it for 40 times due to its wellknown bug, it doesn't frees all the resources after closing. It will easily show the 'System is running low on resources, please close one or two windows......' message if you are browsing very fastly, visiting many pages.

Have you ever bothered to check the thread priorities, processor usage & resource consumption of these browsers?
Opera manages all this smoothly than any other browser.
You can check out it with the 'Resource Meter' & 'System Monitor' in 'System Tools' or whatever tool u like!

Finally,
Opera wins
Rules the net

Masters use Opera. :wink: Victims use IE :lol:

Exactly!
But I wish the damn Gmail had support for opera - it currently supports only the IE,gecko and Safari engines.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Opera 7.5 = FireFox > Netscape > MyIE2 > IE.

I dont want to be a victim.

But what opera makes up in speed it misses out in certain areas.

First, I cant save the files unclustered, i mean, when ever I save a web page in opera, it saves all the images and scripts in the same folder as the html file. This makes for a horrific experience when saving more than one page.

Then, when I copy and paste in to word, the formatting is lost and it is terrible when I try copying tabular contents.

When such issues are answered, Opera would be much better.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
krazydude said:
I like Opera and am trying out myIE2 now. But Opera is the best. IE comes last after Netscape. haven't tried firefox as of yet. what is the site ??

*www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/start/

mAYHEM

Journeyman
I am using Mozilla Firefox 0.9.3.i think its the fastest and secure browser and its even less resource hungry, i can copy all the content from prohibited page like no right clicking,more space for web pages and is open-source :lol: .opera has less space and its paid and free with bandwith choking ads.

But IE and netscape are the standard browsers which are kept in mind while designing the web pages.Now netscape engine is used by mozilla so the only winner now is Internet Explorer. both mozilla and opera doesnt support ActiveX whereas IE does.So IE can render all web pages.

*jm.g.free.fr/smileys/smiley_abzv.gifso thumbs up to Firefox for simplicity and IE for funcationality

prathapml

Broken In
LOL, neither of the two...... :p

sheesh, not another mozilla troll please..... :yawn:
They (like mayhem) seem to infest the forums everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom