Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others (Please post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizard

Journeyman
There are many available...Definitely there will be a best,,,so cast ur vote. :)

[Edited Batty]I have added more options to the poll and renamed the thread to Best Browser.

guri35

Broken In
Without a doubt OPera. IE appears slow even on a 512kb/s connection whereas OPera seems to be very fast even in dial up.The most significant difference lies in the rendering of both the Browsers.The only advantage IE has the label "Microsoft" attached before it.But I think people both users aswellas developers have realised the potential of opera and atleast a competition has started.Lets see what microsoft comes up with.

sajal

Broken In
I think Opera is fantastic, but I will still stick with Netcaptor for my browsing pleasure

svenkat83

Journeyman
Agree with everyone.
Opera is "the" best according to me.
But still many sites are IE optimised.I don't know why?
There should be some standards in Web that doesn't bias towards any browsers.

OP
W

Wizard

Journeyman
Hello

Hai ....The MyIE 2 is a different browser ,,,,It is not that Internet Explorer,,,I know very well IE sucks....but this browser is pretty decent....

Jus give a try,,,,
*content-g.kontiki.com/fserve/moid/1a04e3f5-692c-7859-04df-1e8303f7adf8/m2combo.zip

GunshotSilence

Journeyman
i have switched overfrom IE to land at myie2
and i liked it very much

it supports all pligins and is quite fast
loading and replying 6 posts took 45 mins in IE
here it takes just 15 mins

sajal

Broken In
MyIE, Netcaptor, AvantGo etc are all based on IE only, they use the same engine and can't never be fast in terms of speed; yes they have better usability and userfriendly interface and some more extra features, But with the total different cores are likes of Opera / Netscape / Mozilla etc

GunshotSilence

Journeyman
well netcaptor is basd on IE completely and even requires IE to be installed.
but myIE2 is totally diff. or separate.

and hence faster

i havent used opera

sajal

Broken In
GunshotSilence said:
but myIE2 is totally diff. or separate.

and hence faster
Where did you get that idea? :shock:

MyIE is totally based on IE core and if anyhow you can uninstall IE [Which requires quite an expertise :wink: ], you won't be able to run MyIE2.

birbal

Broken In
I am using Avant Browser from *www.avantbrowser.com.
It's free tool which uses IE's engine but makes it very fast & stitching between two pages is very easy in it.
I highly recommend it.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
MyIE2 Rules... you wont get Ad hunter , auto scrolling and all those goodies anywhere for free... And hey .. but beware of UCmore & Ebates... :p

Opera consumes a lot of memory and takes a hell lot of time to boot up .. this was the major reason why I gave it up .. Netscape -- Does it still prevails ..???

nirubhai

Broken In
Well, MyIE2 would be a better option to IE. But not for Opera 8)

Where performance(or speed) is the issue there is only one browser & its Opera!

At some time of my browsing,
I have opened 40 windows(web pages) in Opera simultaniously!....
That too WITHOUT CRASHING THE SYSTEM
Can you imagine this?
(My PC is P-II 350, 128MB RAM with 7200rpm drive)
IE would crash even if I open & close it for 40 times due to its wellknown bug, it doesn't frees all the resources after closing. It will easily show the 'System is running low on resources, please close one or two windows......' message if you are browsing very fastly, visiting many pages.

Have you ever bothered to check the thread priorities, processor usage & resource consumption of these browsers?
Opera manages all this smoothly than any other browser.
You can check out it with the 'Resource Meter' & 'System Monitor' in 'System Tools' or whatever tool u like!

Finally,
Opera wins
Rules the net

Masters use Opera. :wink: Victims use IE :lol:

Jatin

Right off the assembly line
Where is the option of Mozilla Firebird.
I have played with all the browsers and finaly selected Firebird. :wink:

Jatin

Right off the assembly line
NO
Both are not same. Then why there are two browsers on *mozilla.org
Both have their own engines.

I dont know much about the difference. I am only a user and feel that Firebird is the best :wink:

super_ferrari

Broken In
birbal said:
I am using Avant Browser from *www.avantbrowser.com.
It's free tool which uses IE's engine but makes it very fast & stitching between two pages is very easy in it.
I highly recommend it.

Even i use avant browser....very nice usability over IE...i havent tried opera...wud be installing it soon...lets see da diff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom