Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

parthbarot

In the zone
what?
r u talking abt popup ads?
hey buddy u check all opera features first..u can block all popups in opera.+block images+block javascripts and java + asking for wanding pass+certificates+clear private data all the times u want+feeeds also.. images and popups all these are per page...not like in FF for all tabs...
better u check it fully and use for some more time and then post ur comeents ok?

Parth.

vikassethi

Broken In
Parth. Enhance your knowlege of an Ad Blocker and then post a comment.
1. I didn't mention a Pop-up blocker.
2. There are floating ads.
3. There are Web Ads.
4. There are dialog ads.
and so many new types keep coming everyday.
Opera is not able to block these ads because it doesn't have any feature to do so. On the other hand Maxthon does have an excellent ad-blocker.

vikassethi

Broken In
But what about blocking irritating Ads that take so much bandwidth as well as page space?? So net result is that Opera may look faster than maxthon, it takes almost similar amount of time and you end up viewing all pages with almost all kinds of ads. :D

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
There is more to Maxthon than just Ad blocking, it adds great features to IE. Tabbed browsing, Mouse Gestures, Pop up blocking, Add on management, Keyword based searching, ActiveX filter, RSS Support, Skinning support ...
All this built on a great plugin architecture .. ! Stable as a rock and so very good memory management. ...
On a broadband connection I hardly find Opera faster than Maxthon .. And then Opera crashes frequently, eats resources like hell and I cant block selective images, cant edit search engine lists, cant install plugins ..
No wonder I am a Maxthon loyal for more than 4 years .. :D

hpotter606

Journeyman
Good reply batty!!(if you like me saying that! -'batty')

Opera crashes even if i open more tabs and i have already shown what it does with its SUPERB RENDERING!
Ofcouse in some cases i have to use opera but no browser is complete solution.
eg - for this forum i have to use maxthon as i cant see images in FF and opera, i dont know why. For heavy sites i use opera for faster loading and better catche handling and for normal surfing i use FF because its very easy to use and doesnt crashes as frequently as opera.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hmm.. Maybe I should add more options to the poll and rename it to Best browser ..

What say guys ..? Even the author himself hasnt posted anything why he name this thread "Fastest browser" ..

devarajan

Journeyman
it_waaznt_me said:
Hmm.. Maybe I should add more options to the poll and rename it to Best browser ..

What say guys ..? Even the author himself hasnt posted anything why he name this thread "Fastest browser" ..

U r right make it right know still i have not casted my vote. :lol:

haokipomb

Right off the assembly line
it_waaznt_me said:
There is more to Maxthon than just Ad blocking, it adds great features to IE. Tabbed browsing, Mouse Gestures, Pop up blocking, Add on management, Keyword based searching, ActiveX filter, RSS Support, Skinning support ...
No wonder I am a Maxthon loyal for more than 4 years .. :D

Rightly said, Amen!!

hafees

In the zone
IMO it depends on the use.

If you are a web developer nothing beats Firefox with plenty of extensions for developers. So i prefer Firefox when i develop a website.

For my usual browsing i use opera. It is simply the most easy to use(well, some may argue), with very light resource usage, and tons of features, and now FREE.

Dipen01

Youngling
Agreed... Opera 8 was my fav..havent tried new...

BTW dunno why i hate Firefox..i prefer..IE over it..

devarajan

Journeyman
it_waaznt_me said:
Okay .. There you go .. I have added the most common ones. Now vote . :p

u can clear the complete poll and set to new because on adding some with existing(Many month)mean there may be chance of failure to get a clear picture on this mattter so better clear poll and start a new poll...

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
devarajan said:
it_waaznt_me said:
Okay .. There you go .. I have added the most common ones. Now vote . :p

u can clear the complete poll and set to new because on adding some with existing(Many month)mean there may be chance of failure to get a clear picture on this mattter so better clear poll and start a new poll...

I agree.Start a new poll and erase the old results.

devarajan

Journeyman
@manas I had PM to that MOD but know action till know.And i consider it's a waste of adding a poll with existing(Many month).....

hpotter606

Journeyman
Arent there enough browser wars to add one more?
But it will always be better to start a new poll if you want a clear picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom