Unwanted Adult popup coming up while browsing

rohitshakti2

In the zone
I am using Windows 8 on my PC. When I go online I am getting adult popups on my PC web pages. Whatever I click or whatever I do, this pop up keeps on coming and mostly on every new page or site, sometimes in the middle of the website but mostly on the right side. This virus also blocks my internet many a times a day and is making my PC extremely slow. I was earlier using AVG antivirus but after these popup coming I switched to anti-malware and avg internet security. But AVG was not able to detect it, but anti-malware is able to detect it sometimes and it shows it as Trojen.DNSchanger malware/virus but is not able to delete it. It only quantries it but it is still coming up. It is shown somewhere in registry files.

Then I installed MS antivirus and Kaspersky internet security after removing avg. But both are not able to find it and it keeps on coming. I also tried other anti malwares like spyboot, nortan power erazer but all in vain.

So till now I have used AVG Internet Security, Kaspersky internet security, Anti-malwarebytes, MS antivirus and malware removal, Spyboot4, Norton power erazer, housecall, adwcleaner, junkware removal tool but all have failed to remove this Trojan.

I am enclosing snaps of the pop up and a copy of my installed softwares on my PC.

Pls help. popup.jpg1.jpg2.jpg

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Use adblock (and it isn't same as adblock+ ) extension in chrome. Also set all plugins to Click to play instead of the default Play All

[strike]Attachment isn't visible, reupload on 3rd party image sharing sites. :|[/strike] Damn BSNL slow internet :banghead:

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Use adblock (and it isn't same as adblock+ ) extension in chrome. Also set all plugins to Click to play instead of the default Play All

Attachment isn't visible, reupload on 3rd party image sharing sites. :|

All Attachments are visible to me though...

If you are using Chrome then no attachment will be visible as I am using Waterfox 64bit browser...

OP
rohitshakti2

rohitshakti2

In the zone
Thks for your quick replies.

I have installed adblock and will update if it is stopped. But this virus is also blocking my internet and it should be removed in order to keep my online activity safe.

So what method should be used to erase this virus from my PC.

- - - Updated - - -

I just opened my IE and after putting the site add, my www changed to adult.....info/ and an adult site opened. SO the virus is present in PC and I have to remove it.

OP
rohitshakti2

rohitshakti2

In the zone
It has also come up in firefox too after the installation of adblock.

I already have antimalwarebytes on my pc and it is able to detect it but is unable to cure it.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Boot into safe mode and do a complete scan using 360 Total Security (lightweight and fast), Avira, avast or any other antivirus.

Post a screenshot of the programs in startup tab in CCleaner.

OP
rohitshakti2

rohitshakti2

In the zone
*i61.tinypic.com/34j6icp.png

*i60.tinypic.com/2mpzu4l.jpg

*i57.tinypic.com/63vwxc.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I now installed avast premier and did bootup scan but it didnot revealed anything. Then i scanned the pc with antispywarebytes and it quantried the virus.

But now my pc internet has been blocked by the virus and I know this as the another pc connected with same modem is running internet fully.

I am trying to use the system restore to start the internet again as this virus changes the DNS settings. Is there any other method to start the internet again after malware byte removes the DNS files?

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Attachments working for me.. Using chrome here..

As for the issue, using malwarebytes can you find the source of this virus??

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
just format the C drive.after that reinstall windows & this time install a good AV first(i recommend avira free or 360TS),update it & then scan entire pc.do not install anything else until then.btw just for future reference preventing viruses,malwares etc is far more easier than removing them.

P.S.i don't think such sophisticated malware relies on usual startup entries.i would use sysinternal tools to(process explorer & autoruns) to look for any suspicious dll or exe file at startup.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
just format the C drive.after that reinstall windows & this time install a good AV first(i recommend avira free or 360TS),update it & then scan entire pc.do not install anything else until then.btw just for future reference preventing viruses,malwares etc is far more easier than removing them.

P.S.i don't think such sophisticated malware relies on usual startup entries.i would use sysinternal tools to(process explorer & autoruns) to look for any suspicious dll or exe file at startup.

Don't you think formatting and reinstalling should be the last option? I've removed similar kinds of viruses and trojans from friends' laptops by booting into safe mode only.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
it depends on the person.i always recommend a format if good AVs can not remove something in normal mode because i don't want to take chances.

OP
rohitshakti2

rohitshakti2

In the zone
I did a system restore & chkdsk and now my internet is working. I will now check with antivirus in safe mode & reply back.

- - - Updated - - -

If i remove the virus in safe mode will my internet settings change or not as when I remove this virus in normal mode is shutting down my internet.

*i58.tinypic.com/xmlrev.png

OP
rohitshakti2

rohitshakti2

In the zone
Just remove it in safe mode. It'll not change anything else. Safe mode is built for that purpose. :|

I removed it by going to safe mode but now after scanning in safe mode again and also in normal mode, no virus could be detected but popup are still there.

DOn't know what to do to remove it?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I removed it by going to safe mode but now after scanning in safe mode again and also in normal mode, no virus could be detected but popup are still there.

DOn't know what to do to remove it?

If the popup is coming in browsers, uninstall it and then reinstall again while resetting everything to default.
Give a screenshot of the processes and services tabs in Task manager.

Top Bottom