.:~ UnREaL TouRnaMEnT III ~:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
:D IT's UnREaL babY :D

Well, what can I say about this game? Its a beautiful canvas painted by the artists at Epic Games. In addition to the regular multiplayer(how regular is this :p) there is a new(so to say) mode for single player called 'Campaign' in addition to the botmatches in instant action. I just started campaign and it appears to be a series of (bot)matches with a somewhat story( yeah right..) thrown in for good measure. But the intro movie is so damn cool., and so is the new faction lead by Reaper. ( How do they design such beautiful characters is beyond me)

And then you can customise the looks of the characters from head to toe which is again cool. All the weapons, animations, sound, music, gameplay and many many other things are in perfect harmony. I still haven't jumped into multiplayer as my irritating isp is updating something., and then I will post a video of a match I play there.

For now enjoy the images :) [..note this is max I can push my rig, can't go higher than this, if anyone else can (Harvik?), do it please and post some screens..]

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/ut3.jpg

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/ScreenShot00012.jpg

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/ScreenShot00001.jpg

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/ScreenShot00002.jpg

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/ScreenShot00010.jpg

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/ScreenShot00013.jpg

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/ScreenShot00014.jpg

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/ScreenShot00008.jpg

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/ScreenShot00015.jpg

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/ScreenShot00016.jpg

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/ScreenShot00018.jpg

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/ScreenShot00020.jpg

Last edited:

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
ACtually, I played UT3 , and I don't like it much. For one, they have removed a lot more than they have added, especially Bombing Run. Why would they remove that???? UT2k4 is still the best for me.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
I dun think its dat heavy in gfx...i tried the demo and the performance if far better than Crysis. There is no probs in settings high except post process even on my 7600GToc.
The gameplay is much faster than UT2k4. Im a BIG fan of UT2K4. But now i think this is better. Also the bot difficulty has improved.
In UT2K4 u can do godlike with a lil bit practice, but this is more challenging. Will soon get the full.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@Siddhartha_t69
test it here:
use IE with activeX control enabled to work
*www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest/

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
I have started playing UT3 on LAN with my brother in campaign mode.Looks Gr8,feeels Gr8.....its a good game..not overwhelming but good by today's standards.

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
how does it far in multiplayer section..

if its better than cod4 .. i will buy it ..

please do reply,
It IS a multiplayer centered game.
You will like it if you like Run 'n' Gun arena shooters.

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
@naveen_reloaded, please do buy it, not because its better or worse than CoD4, but because its meant to be bought ;), if you know what I mean. I can't compare these two man, I just can't.. but if I have to tell, I'll say that when you and your friends setup a local LAN to play, I feel you will first fire this and then CoD4...now where is that games of the year thread.,.

After playing all aspects of the game, I'm lost for words, the sheer magnitude of the design surpasses every game I've known till now. They have raised the bar, that's all I can say. Being a mapper/modder myself, I always adored Cliff Bleszinski and his team of designers, and they only know to deliver, don't they?!

Some new things, hoverboards, how cool are these. These appear mostly in Vehicle-CTF matches and are a breeze to use. You can't carry flags in other vehicles but can do so on hoverboards. And if a friendly vehicle is nearby, you can hitch a ride back to your base. (..the 3rd screenie below.)

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/ScreenShot00040.jpg

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/ScreenShot00041.jpg

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/ScreenShot00037.jpg​

And some new vehicles, yes, you read my mind, cool again :D

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/ScreenShot00036.jpg

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/ScreenShot00039.jpg

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/ScreenShot00038.jpg​

And you can place blobs like these using the mine layer vehicle (don't remember its proper name lol) at core points to reduce the enemy movement through them, giving you time to kill them.

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/ScreenShot00043.jpg​

Finally some more screenies :)

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/ScreenShot00044.jpg

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/ScreenShot00032.jpg

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/ScreenShot00033.jpg

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/ScreenShot00029.jpg

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/ScreenShot00042.jpg

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Oh and I forgot to add, it ships with Unreal Editor and all the tools to create your own custom mods and maps. Enjoy :)

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
Being a mapper/modder myself, I always adored Cliff Bleszinski and his team of designers, and they only know to deliver, don't they?!
Cliff Bleszinski isn't a part of the Unreal Series anymore. Now he is dedicated to Gears Of War.
AFAIK He didn't design a single map for UT3. In fact there are only a few designers from the original Unreal Tournament who worked for UT3.
@ naveen_reloaded, There is no comparison between Unreal Tournament and Call Of Duty. Both of them are great franchises in their own right. It only depends on your choice of genres.
However,if you are really broke for money and cannot buy both of them, then I would suggest COD 4 ONLY because there are more number of people playing it online. For UT 3,it will take time for players to join in after all the patches are released and user-created content starts to flow in.

Last edited:
OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Oh isn't he? I knew he is there for Gears Of War, so I assumed it here too because of his previous role in UT games. Sorry, I stand corrected. Who heads the design team now then?

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
I dont know about Level design, but Steve Polge is the main designing lead.There are a lot of new guys. Just watch the credits in the game.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Hitboxx have you tried it online cause if you did you would bump across "connection failed" problem.Many people returned their originals because of this.I can play online on UMG League servers by opening it through console.However non of the games is connectible through games own multiplayer server browsers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom