Unreal Tournament (2015)

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
5.4 GB

You have to download the Epic Games Launcher of 32 MB and that will download the game.

You can also use it to download other Epic Games' games.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

TheSloth

The Slowest One
^thank you.
I will try to come by next month. I have downloaded the installer, it wasnt saying the full size that is why i asked here.
I will add you after creating the account.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I played a couple of rounds against the bots. UT2015 feels very responsive and despite the nice graphics seems pretty well optimized for a game in alpha.

The double tap dodging is back, plus you can now wallrun and slide as well.

The Enforcer does not feel as responsive as I would like, it also has lower rate of fire. I still think that the Enforcer in UT99 felt the most tactile and it got progressively worse over the years.

The Link Gun can now grab and pull enemies and allies.

The Biorifle now has a third firing mode where if you hold both the mouse buttons, the slime slides across the floor.

No changes to the functionality of the Impact hammer, Translocator, Shock rifle, Rocket launcher, Flak Cannon, Stringer minigun and Sniper rifle. However, these have newer models.

OP
warfreak

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
No changes to the functionality of the Impact hammer, Translocator, Shock rifle, Rocket launcher, Flak Cannon, Stringer minigun and Sniper rifle. However, these have newer models.

The Shock combo is heavily OP'ed in the latest release. Although it is more difficult to pull off a Combo making it relatively more balanced.

Both primary and alt-fire modes of the Stinger feel little nerfed compared to older UTs. It is much more effective to concentrate fire on one target than to spray all over the place.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Yes, I noticed. You cannot use the primary fire for about 2 seconds after shooting the secondary fire orb on the Shock rifle.

As for the Stinger, I feed like the alt fire projectiles move slower than they did. But then again I haven't played UT3 in a long time.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
ok so I have finally repaired my laptop. I will begin downloading today but before that I want to know few things.
Requirements mentioned on epic's site

• Windows 7 64-bit or Mac OS X 10.10 or later
  • Quad-core Intel or AMD processor, 2.5 GHz or faster
  • NVIDIA GeForce 470 GTX or AMD Radeon 6870 HD
  • 8 GB RAM

My specs are :
Win 10
i5-3210 2.5GHz ,
6GB RAM ,
GT650M 2GB DDR3.

Will it run smooth??
the requirements on the site seems to be higher,

if it will lag then no point of wasting 5GB on this

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
It will run but I don't know how smooth. You might have to lower some settings.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

TheSloth

The Slowest One
i never play any game on full setting. So not a problem. I will play with lowest details and 1600x900 native resolution. Hope it runs just fine

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I completed the dowmnload and have sent you the request on Epic account, i guess. My id is LFTheSloth

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Ok, will add you when I get home.

- - - Updated - - -

Added you.

Also 3.6 GB update downloading. :facepalm:

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
I am having trouble launching the 'Epic Games Launcher'. Double clicking does nothing, not even as administrator. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, added ' -OpenGL' in the target field as suggested in some troubleshooting forums. My gfx drivers are updated as well.
Also now getting 'Multiple Crash Detected' message pop-up when try to launch again

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
I was already in contact with the support staff from Epic, just wanted to check if anyone else had encountered this problem before over here. Meanwhile got this reply from Epic after sending them some logs, and crash dump files:
Hello,

It looks as though this crash is related to your graphics card. Please make sure that your graphics driver is fully up to date. If that doesn’t help, please also try the following:

-Close the launcher
-Right-click on your Epic Games launcher desktop shortcut and select “Properties”
-In the resulting window, there should be a field labeled “Target.” Add the following to the end of that line (after the quotation mark): -OpenGL
-It should look something like this: “C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Binaries\Win64\EpicGamesLauncher.exe” -OpenGL
-Click “Apply,” and try running the launcher again

Their path is from Win64 folder, my launcher path is from Win32 folder. Doesn't work either if I launch/change path from Win32 or Win64 folder with OpenGL added.
I dont think its a gfx card issue, 5670 is still a pretty good card i think although quite old

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Wait did you wait for 5 mins after double-clicking the shortcut? Epic games launcher kind of takes time to open up and login.

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
I dont think its a gfx card issue, 5670 is still a pretty good card i think although quite old

5670 is quite an old (6 years old) card and it was a low end card back then so it's hard any good nowadays especially
(Also I have a 5670 as it was my first discrete GPU)
The problem is definitely GPU

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

TheSloth

The Slowest One
yeah, as chimera201 said, it starts and shows login fields, automatic login and then downloads something in background and then the launcher starts. takes about a min for me, unlike Uplay and Steam

Top Bottom