Unity 3D discussions

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Since many people here are showing interest in learning this, I thought of creating a thread so we can discuss techniques and other stuff...Also i wanna know how many people here are seriously learning U3D ?

Last edited:

masterkd

Padawan
I know a little of it. However currently some companies in India makes games using this e.g. Nilee Games (Mumbai).
As it is cross platform it is easy to port games in multiple platforms. A good thing to learn in current market scenario.

anky

Youngling
i am learning unity3D, and i have made small games for mobile and a 1 level game for pc as well, i tried to export this game to android also, but it was lagging a lot in my moto g, i was not able to optimize it properly.

TheHumanBot

Padawan
i am learning unity3D, and i have made small games for mobile and a 1 level game for pc as well, i tried to export this game to android also, but it was lagging a lot in my moto g, i was not able to optimize it properly.

What exactly you are trying to Optimize? build size?

anky

Youngling
What exactly you are trying to Optimize? build size?
i was trying to lower the graphics quality, i tried lowering the texture quality as well as graphics quality in build settings, i also enabled multi threading in build settings, but the game was still lagging in mobile, although on "good" setting it is running smoothly on PC.

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Here is my 2D game creation, very basic animation and such..
things I have done till now
- Walk/idle/jump animations
- Camera movement script
- Basic blue background

The sprites i got is royalty free and free for commercial usage, search for it in opengameart.com

- - - Updated - - -

*dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72261408/UnityProject.7z

Controls - Left/Right move around
Space to jump

- - - Updated - - -

Screen

*dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72261408/Try_2014_07_16_21_28_08_304.png

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Its inbuilt standard assets in Unity 3D, search for it in asset store.. or upgrade to newer version of unity, i think it comes in default..
The script's name is camera2dfollow

- - - Updated - - -

*opengameart.org/content/platformer-art-deluxe

This is the assets i used

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
oh ok... was interested to check it out, it had a nice lag to the following, which is the bit I was interested in.

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
-Added Randomly generated clouds
-Patrolling fishes
-Patrolling flyers
-Proper platforms and Water interactions
-Better idle/run/jump animations
-Autotiling Sky, autotiling water
Still lots of things to do but im making progress
Here's what it looks like now
*dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72261408/U3DProg.png

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
oh wow 2d is not anything like 3d, I don't even know what the animator is. looks great though.

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Guys try Inkscape, its an excellent easy to use vector based graphics program, to draw and edit sprites quickly..
Much better than blurry ass photoshop editing (bitmap based)...

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
from what I understand, everyone who is dabbling in it is dabbling in it in very different ways
2d is totally different from 3d, and I just think it might be more complicated
seriously, making something in 3d is no biggie, you just follow the real thing and if it does not come out, well it is so many degrees cartoonish. but in 2d, you actually have to think about art and how the object is best represented in 2d and stuff, which im sure is a much harder technique to master than just replicating things in 3 dimensions.

Right now, making 3d game areas based on Samurai Jack episodes. These are simple but stylized 2d structures, that are fun converting to 3d. Its not even a game, its just 3d environments.

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
*www.dropbox.com/s/ylqjmz098r4vun3/AlphaBuild0.5.apk

Alpha build 0.5 for android devices, check it out guys

Here's a screenie
*dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72261408/Project/Alpha5/Screenshot_2014-07-27-18-58-19.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-27-18-58-19.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-27-18-58-19.png
    77.5 KB · Views: 148

kunalht

In the zone
*www.dropbox.com/s/ylqjmz098r4vun3/AlphaBuild0.5.apk

Alpha build 0.5 for android devices, check it out guys

Here's a screenie
*dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72261408/Project/Alpha5/Screenshot_2014-07-27-18-58-19.png

Awesome!!
how you made that GUI sticks ?
and android sdk require for building ?

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
yup android SDK required..
I used script to make GUI
to include touch controls, i make new script attached to main camera
basically, you draw a texture using GUI Texture at select coordinates
create a rect at that coordinate