Unethical Pratices by Service provider(Vodafone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arupch

Tech Addict
I'm with Airtel. I had similar experiences of unsolicited subscription to Artel Masti Pack. Tried to complain to CC but without any effort. Then wrote a mail nodalofficer demanding immediate deactivation of the masti pack and refund of deducted 20 Rs. within one day my request was met with and Rs. 20 credited to my account.

Here is the reply:

Dear Mr. Chatterjee,

This is in reference to your concern below.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you in this regards. Please note that we have deactivated the service and credited Rs.20/-into your prepaid account and we assure you that such similar incident would not be repeated.

It has always been our endeavor to provide you with the best customer service and we assure you of our sincere commitment to meeting all your future requirements too.

We value your association with Airtel.

Yours sincerely
Nodal Officer.

We are operational from Monday to Friday from 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM. All mails coming to us after 6:30 PM or on non working days shall be addressed on the following working day.

arup.chatterjee wrote:

14-05-2008 12:47 PM

To
nodalofficer.wb@airtel.in
cc
121@airtel.in
Subject
983xxxxxxx

Sub: Unsolicited subscription to Airtel Masti pack

Dear Sir,

After receiving a message from Airtel and a charge of Rs. 10 being deducted from my prepaid account it came to my notice that I've been automatically subscribed to Airtel Masti pack.I called the 198 (Customer Care) twice and requested to stop the service . I've been assured that the service will be stopped on 8.5.08 afternoon. But today morning (14.5.08) I got a message saying " your subscription to Airtel Masti pack has been auto renewed" and again an amount of Rs. 10 got deducted from my account. When I contacted Customer care again they said they are unable to do anything as I must have renewed the service. They asked me to call 5453217 to stop the service which is a paid service. I called 543217 without any result.

I also must mention here that the customer care executive who answered my call was rude and far from being helpful.

My question is, why I'm being harassed for a fault which is all yours and I have to pay for it.

Please look into the matter and stop the practice of making money by subscribing the customers unsolicitedly to a service and then declining to stop the service.

Therefore I would request you to look into the matter and deactivate the service immediately with a confirmation to my phone number. I also demand reversal of the deducted Rs. 20/- to my account immediately failing which I will take up the matter to higher authority.

Regards,

Arup Chatterjee

Pat

Beyond Smart
Received my AIRTEL Bill right now...I am furious...My bill has doubled...They activated 1000 mins pack..This time the bill is Rs. 1020 instead of Rs. 430/-

What shud I do now????

This is the reason why always opt for a post-paid connection! That way YOU are in control and YOU are the master! Its very common for Airtel (based on my personal experience) to charge for something that you have never used or for something you have not done (late payment for example)! I simply minus the amount the amount and pay the correct amount and tell them on the face I am not paying a rupee more! Guess what ? They cant do anything about it! I recently got so pissed off with them that I ordered them to disconnect my connection and dint pay that months bill at all!

So my suggestion to you, pay only 430 and tell them you are not paying a rupee more!

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks Pat 4 ur answer...This means I will have to lock horns with them...

There is no other alternative...

Thanks Pat 4 ur answer...This means I will have to lock horns with them...

There is no other alternative...
there IS a better alternative.

take suffitient proofs of the event and file a case in a copurt against them. make lots of noise while at it. You will get compensation plus extra money in "damages". A friend of mine did this with very positive results. Took over a month though.

praka123

left this forum longback
This is the reason why always opt for a post-paid connection! That way YOU are in control and YOU are the master! Its very common for Airtel (based on my personal experience) to charge for something that you have never used or for something you have not done (late payment for example)! I simply minus the amount the amount and pay the correct amount and tell them on the face I am not paying a rupee more! Guess what ? They cant do anything about it! I recently got so pissed off with them that I ordered them to disconnect my connection and dint pay that months bill at all!

So my suggestion to you, pay only 430 and tell them you are not paying a rupee more!

Are you sure you wrote postpaid?
My suggestion is always move away from postpaid connections for Prepaid!!they will loot you to the max extent :evil:

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
cool...I am also gonna send a mail to the nodal officer..Which id shud I send it on??

Is it the same as nodalofficer.wb@airtel. For Punjab and Uttaranchal what will be the id of the airtel nodal officer??

For punjab its nodal.punjab@airtel.in

Are you sure you wrote postpaid?
My suggestion is always move away from postpaid connections for Prepaid!!they will loot you to the max extent :evil:

Like mentioned by him, i too would recommend postpaid. A mere mention of disconnection would rattle them from their nests and solve any problems rised... :)

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
^well,my experience is reverse :|, I have changed from postpaid to prepaid and very happy now :D

Pathik

Google Bot
Now threaten to sue them for mental harrassment & related stuff and get some more. :D . Hmmm.. I am bored.

Micheal

Pro Geeks
look guys i too am a PISSED OFF Vodafone prepaid customer.

Considering my stay in Vodafone, the entire episode on this thread has happened several times (not only with me but also my family memers).

i say LETS KICK THEIR A***S

c'mon guys lets scour the web and crack their recharge codes

then just LOOT & PLUNDER them. fill ur accounts not with mere 50s, 100s, 200s, but by the thousands 1K, 2K, ..... may be even 10K

most of u may say "I've already tried that", "it doesn't work". I say "nothing's impossible". Till now i haven't got it, but i haven't given up. If the Hon'ble hackers around the world can crack big platforms like windows, symbian, and what not, this is a cinch.

Tip: Buy recharge cards from now on. Dont throw them away. Sit, think and try deciphering the code thats printed. The more u increase ur collection the better ur chances of deciphering by analysing

OP
gary4gar

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
look guys i too am a PISSED OFF Vodafone prepaid customer.

Considering my stay in Vodafone, the entire episode on this thread has happened several times (not only with me but also my family memers).

i say LETS KICK THEIR A***S

c'mon guys lets scour the web and crack their recharge codes

then just LOOT & PLUNDER them. fill ur accounts not with mere 50s, 100s, 200s, but by the thousands 1K, 2K, ..... may be even 10K

most of u may say "I've already tried that", "it doesn't work". I say "nothing's impossible". Till now i haven't got it, but i haven't given up. If the Hon'ble hackers around the world can crack big platforms like windows, symbian, and what not, this is a cinch.

Tip: Buy recharge cards from now on. Dont throw them away. Sit, think and try deciphering the code thats printed. The more u increase ur collection the better ur chances of deciphering by analysing
I don't think deciphering is possible
btw read this:D

Last edited:

Micheal

Pro Geeks
yeah thanx a lot Mr.gary4gar

As if nobody went thru it b4 in their lives. But if u r a nubee on the net i take it back
C'mon b serius guys. I thot ol of u were seeking vengeance, thats y i brought dis up

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Atleast Airtel is better than Vodafone......

Last year, during the Cricket World Cup 2007, Rs.99 were deducted from my Prepaid balance and I was registered with some Score Notification service and I hadn't even applied for that..........I simply called up CC and lodged a complaint. Within 1 hour, my balance was restored and the service was deactivated..........:)

My experience with the Airtel CC has been excellent......

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
^^ Hehe .. They deduct charges for Missed Call Alert every month in my bill .. Then I lodge a complain .. and then they credit the charges in the next bill ..

This happens every month .. :p ..

magneticme200

In the zone
also...thse days...wen i sms get to 53303 to get my missd call list...
i get chargd fr the sms sent bt i do not get the missd call list evn aftr two days of sending the message...this is annoying..!

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
^^ Hehe .. They deduct charges for Missed Call Alert every month in my bill .. Then I lodge a complain .. and then they credit the charges in the next bill ..

This happens every month .. :p ..
Tell them to directly deactivate the service.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom