Unethical Pratices by Service provider(Vodafone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Hi,
I am very pissed off with Vodafone. They are charge just anything in name of Value added services.

Case 1:
Got a Promotional SMS few weeks back That participate in contest by answering a simple Question. Charges Rs.6 per SMS. i did.
a sms Came in reply "Service is Down at the monent, Please try again later. still i got chraged for Rs.6/- for sending a sms :mad: :mad: :mad: Still i ignored considering a isolated case

Case 2:
watched a TV Commercial of Vodafone regarding Alert Service. The scroll on screen read "Dial *123*143# and get Love guru alerts on your phone. Charges @30pm". In curiosity of what exactly this Love guru alerts were I dialed that number(I never wanted to activate this service rather wanted to know what actually it is). to my horror service got activated WITHOUT confirmation. and balance gone:no:
Still after 5 days didn't receive a single alert or got my balance back:mad: :mad:

Now, I Decided to file a Compliant to Vodafone via E-mail.
Here is the mail which i have sent and waiting for response

To: Nodal officer @Rajasthan
cc: Customer Care

Subject:Unethical & Restrictive Trade practices followed by vodafone regarding Value Added services
Hi support,
I am prepaid customer of Vodafone and have some complaints.
I am Not Happy with the way you guys handle VAS services.

~~(Sorry for Long e-mail, this is very long story, please read it with patience)

The INCIDENT:
On a lazy afternoon of 15 May 2008 a Guy just watched a TV Commercial of Vodafone regarding Alert Service. The scroll on screen read "Dial *123*143# and get Love guru alerts on your phone. Charges @30pm". In curiosity of what exactly this Love guru alerts were he dialed that number(He never wanted to activate rather wanted to know what actually it is). to his horror service got activated WITHOUT confirmation. in a Instant his balance reaches negative
As,his mobile number was his ONLY communication channel(even there in no alternate contact in case of emergency) is disconnected. Tries to call Hepline & is very Hopeful that Vodafone customer care is means it when it says "Happy To Help" .Disappointingly response is negative from helpline. The executive says it not possible to reverse the balance. the call agent just tells the procedure to deactivate the service, saying you have to Do it yourself by *123*144# .I am surprised how possessional your agents are they don't even care to give a Case-id/Docket no for tracking of issue.

When trying to deactivate the service. The screen reads "Hello, you gave not subscribed to Vodafone Alerts - Love Guru service."

~WHAT THE HELL!!
Then what did i pay for??

Previously got a Promotional SMS few weeks back(don't remember details) That participate in contest by answering a simple Question. Charges Rs.6 per SMS. i did.
a sms Came in reply "Service is Down at the monent, Please try again later. still i got charged for Rs.6/- for sending a sms .I ignored considering a isolated case. by you guys just repeating mistakes again & again. many of my friends have also faced this.

Some questions i would like to ask

* Activation doesn't require any confirmation whereas deactivation requires explicit confirmation from users. WHY can't this be termed as a Unethical pratice?

* Why Call agent Failed to Give me unique case-id, so that i could further track the case. is this how professionals behave

* if i haven't received any alerts then why & by whose permission my hard earned money is wasted.
Don't you care about your subscribers money?

What i want:
* Please give a Case id/Complaint Number as Confirmation of Receiving my complaint
* Change the Process of Activation of VAS for Prepaid subscribers, make it more subscriber friendly.
* As a token of acceptance, of the above said condition. Please refund the fee which charged for absolutely nothing back into my account.
* Public Announcement about change of Process of Activation of VAS for Prepaid subscribers

Lastly, I hope Vodafone will understand me and do the needful

Over & out

Regards,
Gaurish Sharma
Mobile: 9xxxxxxx
Just wanted to know how many of you have been charged like this?
and Please tell i am right or wrong by filing a complaint just for mere Rs.30:S

Pathik

Google Bot
Haha .. Love Guru Alerts! :D
BTW try calling CC and abuse them. Or better still, Go to a nearby Vodafone gallery and start shouting

OP
gary4gar

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
I am going by the procedure Prescribed by Trai
Each service Provider has to Appoint Nodal Officer & Appellate Authority & Publish names of this website
here is Document given by Vodafone
Manual of Practice for Handling Customer Complaints

praka123

left this forum longback
@gary:it is the same thing with Idea also! :x! pichle mahine Rs1200(postpaid) agaya tha mobile charge!just some girl call and describes that moving to another plan is gr8,u got this much free calls,std is cheap blah blah...and I just typed "2" ,I think -huge bills!
for consecutive 3 months,Idea was bullying(I feel) to get me to postpaid 750rs plan :x !first I was on 199 plan,then bill came 350 something...next moved to 350...it reached 500+,then on same plan next month it came Rs1200 :oops: ,I dint argued with them...just changed to prepaid and got the peace of mind back :p !
"number portability" -if available,most ppl will shift sure to bsnl cellone service :|

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
@gary:it is the same thing with Idea also! !
OMG Same here. Im so angry with them. When I go to Tamil Nadu I get calls from numbers and then I pick it up thinking that it might be from someone I know . but guess what Its advertisements. And at Roaming rates also. I called these morons thrice already about this.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hmmm... I hope they'll read all of that ... :p .. Here in Airtel Customer Care you get only 100 characters (no special characters allowed ) to "describe" your problem. Once I lodged a complaint about the maximum characters allowed in your complaint .. :p .. They didnt even respond to it ..

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
Go to a nearby Vodafone gallery and start shouting

Doesn't work, when I was with hutch 3 years back, and got to the verge of loosing my sanity with them, I went to the hutch shop and after a heated argument with the rep, who was showing me the bloody lcd screen, I stood up and walking away I told him, Take it and shove it up your a** , unsurprisingly he told, OK SIR! :lol:

If nothing satisfies you, and they keep trying to make money out of you despite your saying no to such calls from them, and they trying to contact you for offers while roaming, then just go to court. There is no other way.

And yes, if you get toooo many calls, go for Virgin Mobile :p

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
@gary:it is the same thing with Idea also! :x! pichle mahine
"number portability" -if available,most ppl will shift sure to bsnl cellone service :|

BSNL is the most disgusting service provider on this earth....Although its cheap but it never connects. To talk 2 someone, u gotta dial the number at least thrice...This has happened many times. My Dad has BSNL and my bro had Airtel a couple of months back...I dialled from my landline number upon My DAD's BSNL mobile and the message says again and again ----THIS NUMBER IS SWITCHED OFF--------- After half an hour of trying I call upon my Brother's Airtel..He picks up the phone and tells me DAD's phone was never switched off as he was with him frm the past 2 hours....

Bakwaas BSNL..Pathetic services

AIRTEL - I switched to AIRTEL due to pathetic services of BSNL....But here they keep u charging without any reason...CC reps keep on calling..Change ur plan..Issme fayda hai...Par actually company ko faayda hota hain ussme subscriber ko nahin...A month back they activated the 1000 mins local pack and said u will have 2 pay only Rs. 500 along with bill plan charges for this...Arre bhai waise bhi mera kabhi bill 430 se zaayda nahin aaya...Now I have 2 pay more without any reason...

THEY DEVISE NEW WAYS TO EXTRACT MONEY FROM THE SUBSCRIBERS.....:mad:

Last edited:

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
They had disconnected my phone to due non-payment of bills. Its not because i cannot afford the 3k bill, its because i dont get time for paying it before the specified date. Hence i got this custom of making a payment of 500/- every week. Means instead of paying the whole 3k or 2k in lumpsum, i make the payment in parts of 500/- every week....

Some days earlier, i made a payment of 800/-. I wasn't provided a receipt for the transaction. The cashier mentioned that i would be getting a message by sms. Didnt have the time to argue with him and left them for good. The next day, while traversing along the highway, the car developed some problem and stopped abruptly. The service center number was on a sticker in the front pane, and i decided to give them a call. It was then that i realized that they haven't credited my account with 800/- which i had paid earlier. And i was stranded in the highway for 2 hours. And the amount was credited to my account only after 18 hours and my outgoing was released an hour after that.

That evening i terminated my Vodafone postpaid account...

Now am on Airtel Corporate, lemme see what they has to offer

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
Am on a custom plan, named US Tech 249 Plan - KL, specified only for employees of the firm. The following are the offers i enjoy :

1500 Local A2A CUG Mins Free
300 Local SMS Free
500 Local A2A Mins Free
600 Local A2M Mins Free
50 STD Mins @ 50ps. After 50 mins, A2A STD 1/- per min.

Local to Airtel Mobile - Rs. 0.30
Local to Other Mobile - Rs. 0.40
Local to Landline - Rs. 0.80

OP
gary4gar

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
[update]
Got a Call from Vodafone office. The lady tried to argue that its my fault saying the advertisement shown in TV was not a place of inquiry its only for activation . Agreed but as per Trai Service "Service Provider Requires Explicit Confirmation from subcriber before activating any VAS"

The lady look tensed, just kept saying its not the way. you should have called helpline and said. why you went to Nodal Officer. I kept Firm. lastly she banged the phone down:D

please give suggestions, what should i do further

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Received my AIRTEL Bill right now...I am furious...My bill has doubled...They activated 1000 mins pack..This time the bill is Rs. 1020 instead of Rs. 430/-

What shud I do now????

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
Expect more calls from Vodafone. Explain the current scenario faced by u. Be also sure to explain the rudeness experienced from Vodafone CC.

[update]
Got a Call from Vodafone office. The lady tried to argue that its my fault saying the advertisement shown in TV was not a place of inquiry its only for activation . Agreed but as per Trai Service "Service Provider Requires Explicit Confirmation from subcriber before activating any VAS"

The lady look tensed, just kept saying its not the way. you should have called helpline and said. why you went to Nodal Officer. I kept Firm. lastly she banged the phone down:D

please give suggestions, what should i do further
you are on the right track
next, ask for a refund if you can
tell them that non following of guidelines cost you dear
also barrage them with other complaints you have
try to get an online presence for this issue
it will ensure that they get negative publicity
they can't do anything ecept compensate you

otherwise, there is always Consumer Court :rolleyes:

Received my AIRTEL Bill right now...I am furious...My bill has doubled...They activated 1000 mins pack..This time the bill is Rs. 1020 instead of Rs. 430/-

What shud I do now????
Screw them.
call them and start arguing.

thats always step #1. what happens then decides the remaining steps.;)

Last edited:

Renny

Padawan
I had the same problems with Vodafone,

Once my validity had expired CC said I had to recharge for Rs.699 with a talktime of Rs.25 being added!

I had enough of this crap and switched to Spice, Spice's call charges are also damn cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom