Underrated or Lesser Known Bands

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
The purpose of this thread is to give out in spoon full and not to dump everything you hold up in your archive in a single post. A personal review is recommended too.

If possible do not comment unless it's absolutely necessary, just contribute whenever you come across something good or you think someone was left out in competition and needs to be appreciated.

Hey guys just post in here bands which are underrated or lesser known

I start with some:
Albums:

• Escapexstacy (2003)
  • Lust Stained Despair (2006)
  • A Dead Heavy Day (2008)
Must Listen Songs:
Rush, Love infernal, With her i die, The state. In lust, Love controlled despair, Pain becomes me

Must Listen Album:
All albums are must listen.

My Personal Review:
Its metaaaaaaal. Rush song will give you a gist of what I'm talking about, see the youtube video too. Its dark and concentrates on emotions. It's something different and even people who are not metal fans will love it.

Underrated:
The Goo Goo Dolls (Alternative Rock)
Wikipedia link: *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goo_Goo_Dolls
Albums:

• Goo Goo Dolls , (1987)
  • Superstar Car Wash, (1993)
  • A Boy Named Goo, (1995)
  • Dizzy Up the Girl, (1998)
  • Gutterflower, (2002)
  • Let Love In, (2006)
Must Listen Songs:
Iris, We are the normal, Here is gone, Big Machine, Stay with you, Let love in, Feel the silence, Better days, Without you here, Broadway, Slide, Name, Black balloon, Bullet proof, Dizzy, All eyes on me, Think about me, Ya never know, WHat a scene, What do you need, Truth is a wishper, Two days in february

Must Listen Album:
Last three albums are must listen.

My Personal Review:
I got to know about this band thru orkut, k I admit I was an orkut addict back some years :p I watched some of theier videos on youtube and got their album. Later found it that their most loved song is Iris and is features in The City of Angels (*ing Nicolas Cage and Meg Ryan). Though I don't rate Iris as their no. 1 song:D
The songs which I have mentioned a must listen are the best ones I like. With time they have matured and the last album Let Love In is a gem, it's the best album for me and almost 40% must listen songs are from this album only.
Their song Here is gone with video is something one should never miss, it suits a free mind. Another song Slide has got some awesome riffs (naah not like metal but different), with video its a subtle combination. Video of Broadway is funny and at times reflects the grim reality with the lyrics choosen so well. Lastly their latest song Let Love In is commendable, listen with video.

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Here are my two cents on lesser known bands with their genre :-

1) AEON --> Black Metal
2)All Shall Perish --> Death Metal
3)Bloodthorn --> Black Metal
4)Dark Fury--> Black Metal
5)Darvuilla --> Industrial Black Metal
6)Deathwitch --> Death Metal
7)Gojira --> Melodic Death Metal
8)Gottlos --> Black Metal
9)Gravdal --> Black Metal
10)Hesperus Dimension--> Industrial Black Metal
11)Hexen --> Thrash Metal
12)Iced Earth --> Death Metal/Folk Metal (I am confused lolz)
13)Into Eternity--> Death Metal
14)Irminsul--> Black Metal
15)Keep of Kallasin --> Melo Death Metal
16)Lacrimas Profundere --> sounds like Death Metal lolz
17)Mailgn --> Melo Black Metal
18)Malleus Maleficarum--> Black Metal
19)Mystifier --> Melo Black Metal
20)Disrepute --> Death Metal
21)Nightshade--> Melo Death Metal
22)Nachtmystium --> Black Metal
23)Nihternnes (this is an unsigned band) --> Black Metal
24)Nocturnal Fear --> Death Metal
25)Oratorio --> Death or Black... :|
26)Perdition Insanabilis --> Black Metal
27)Thunderbolt --> Black Metal
28)Toxic Holocaust --> Death Metal
29)Behemoth --> Black Metal
30)Beneath the Massacre --> Death Metal

I own atleast one album or EP or demo from each of this band...

SUPPORT LESSER KNOWN/UNSIGNED BANDS !!!!

Last edited:
OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^well the purpose of this thread is to give out in spoon full and not to dump everything you hold in your archive. A personal review is recommended too.

Hope you can modify it for good :p

ancientrites

In the zone
i can state thousands of underrated and lesser known european black metal bands.i will put them aside but there is one band who has been making name but still not enough recognition.
the band is from afghanistan(currently lives in pakistan) and known as"TAARMA".every instruments is handled by single man basically one man production.there is only one way to get his albums and you know the source.may be you can also buy online
i havent seen any black metal from asia who is as talented as taarma.the latest album "beyond the cemetry gates" is totally depressive and ****eD up black metal.To the experts if there any out here.i am not trying to compare them to band called "sterbend"

heres the link to the band *www.taarma.com/

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^well the purpose of this thread is to give out in spoon full and not to dump everything you hold in your archive. A personal review is recommended too.

Hope you can modify it for good :p

it will take me the whole night to listen to them again and write a review lolz. But I will try.

i can state thousands of underrated and lesser known european black metal bands.i will put them aside but there is one band who has been making name but still not enough recognition.
the band is from afghanistan(currently lives in pakistan) and known as"TAARMA".every instruments is handled by single man basically one man production.there is only one way to get his albums and you know the source.may be you can also buy online
i havent seen any black metal from asia who is as talented as taarma.the latest album "beyond the cemetry gates" is totally depressive and ****eD up black metal.To the experts if there any out here.i am not trying to compare them to band called "sterbend"

dude where do u live ? I wanna meet u sometimes lolz.

Last edited:

ancientrites

In the zone
Here are my two cents on lesser known bands with their genre :-

1) AEON --> Black Metal
2)All Shall Perish --> Death Metal
3)Bloodthorn --> Black Metal
4)Dark Fury--> Black Metal
5)Darvuilla --> Industrial Black Metal
6)Deathwitch --> Death Metal
7)Gojira --> Melodic Death Metal
8)Gottlos --> Black Metal
9)Gravdal --> Black Metal
10)Hesperus Dimension--> Industrial Black Metal
11)Hexen --> Thrash Metal
12)Iced Earth --> Death Metal/Folk Metal (I am confused lolz)
13)Into Eternity--> Death Metal
14)Irminsul--> Black Metal
15)Keep of Kallasin --> Melo Death Metal
16)Lacrimas Profundere --> sounds like Death Metal lolz
17)Mailgn --> Melo Black Metal
18)Malleus Maleficarum--> Black Metal
19)Mystifier --> Melo Black Metal
20)Disrepute --> Death Metal
21)Nightshade--> Melo Death Metal
22)Nachtmystium --> Black Metal
23)Nihternnes (this is an unsigned band) --> Black Metal
24)Nocturnal Fear --> Death Metal
25)Oratorio --> Death or Black... :|
26)Perdition Insanabilis --> Black Metal
27)Thunderbolt --> Black Metal
28)Toxic Holocaust --> Death Metal
29)Behemoth --> Black Metal
30)Beneath the Massacre --> Death Metal

I own atleast one album or EP or demo from each of this band...

SUPPORT LESSER KNOWN/UNSIGNED BANDS !!!!

Underrated :-

1) SlipKnot
2) Bullet for My Vallentine
3) Motorhead
4) Marduk
5) Satyricon

^^Thats my opinion.

WHAT behemoth,marduk,(satyricon they are the norweigninan alarm award winners),bloodthorn,which Aeon band are you talking of?the aeon i know is of swedish band and gottlos give me break.
i am glad you like the above bands.

KPower Mania dude where do u live ? I wanna meet u sometimes lolz

presently i live in mlore karnataka,i would also like to meet you too.we can have lenghthy discussion on metal music but i am not expert tho.its just that black metal is passion for me.

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
WHAT behemoth,marduk,(satyricon they are the norweigninan alarm award winners),bloodthorn,which Aeon band are you talking of?the aeon i know is of swedish band and gottlos give me break.
i am glad you like the above bands.

KPower Mania dude where do u live ? I wanna meet u sometimes lolz

presently i live in mlore karnataka,i would also like to meet you too.we can have lenghthy discussion on metal music but i am not expert tho.its just that black metal is passion for me.

I live far from you.... very far. And those bands might not be new to you but they are certainly for the other members.

BTW, AEON = An Extravagance of Norms.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
31)Noir Macabre --> bad, satanic Black Metal... definitely recommanded to all !!
32)Elysian Blaze --> Black Metal... well a nice band.

ancientrites

In the zone
dunno Noir Macabre will check them soon but i know pretty well elyzian blaze it is a one man band from new zealand or tazmania right? but nothing beats european black metal muhahahah:twisted::twisted::twisted:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^True...

33)Voidskald --> Raw Black Metal

BUMP!! Thread going down in the Chit-Chat section thread list lolz....

Last edited:

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit

Thanks ancientrites..A black death metal band frm Afghanistan..looks very promising :p

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Cant find any album.... actually I found one but cant get it :(.

34)Infliction --> Brutal Death Metal

BTW, esumitkumar, if you like COF, listen to their song called Swansong for a Raven. My personal fav. from all their songs :). Its from their album Nymphentimine.

35) iwrestledabearonce --> Death/Deathcore
36) Crematory --> Old School Death Metal \m/

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Those who want to get into local rock, start here.

My picks:

phenom
Blackstratblues - particularly the track called the cat and the fiddle
cassini's division
Motherjane

not on that list, but get your hands on or go to the shows of
Devoid

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
37) Astarte :- Black Metal
38) Becoming the Archtype :- Death Metal
39) Bethlehem :- They call their music 'Suicidal' Black Metal :)
40) Broken Mind :- Melo Death Metal
41) Coffin :- Death Metal
42) Skullhog :- Death Metal
43) The Faceless :- Tech. Death Metal (awesome band... check them out \m/)
44) Garcharot :- Death Metal
45) Massemord :- Black Metal
46) Monstority :- Old School Death Metal
47) Separatists :- Death Metal
48) Plague of Shadows :- Melo. Death Metal (another awesome band..)
49) She Said Destroy :- Death Metal (BTW, they are not emo...you may think they bcoz of their name..)
50) Elysian Fields :- Symphonic Metal (dunno if Death/Black.. kinda confused).

Top Bottom