unable to save the change in boot sequence in Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahendran

Journeyman
my mother booard is intel D102GCC2.

i am able to enter bios and change the boot sequence.but when I save and exit,the sequence revert back.inspite of number of attempts,i could not save the changes permanently

at present the boot sequence is boot from cd.

i had tried by removing cmos battery and reinserting the same after one hour.still the same problem.

is it a virus prolem?

no password set in bios.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
As The Sorcerer suggested, your CMOS battery may be weak. You can check it with a multimeter. Your BIOS may have a system health page where you can view the battery voltage along with other things like CPU temperature, etc. You can also check it in Windows with Everest under motherboard sensors. If the battery voltage is well below 3V, it needs to be replaced.

Removing the battery may not be enough to clear the BIOS settings. Your motherboard will have a jumper or a small push-button switch to clear the BIOS. Remove the battery and put the jumper in the CLEAR position (or press the switch) for about a minute.

If the above methods do not work, the BIOS is no longer working properly and flashing it is the only remaining option as The Sorcerer said.

OP
M

mahendran

Journeyman
battery voltage is more than 3.unable to do bios update as iam struck at safe mode.details posted at software trouble shooting under the heading
"unable to boot in normal mode very strange"

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Did you clear the BIOS anyway? That is, using the Clear jumper/switch as I explained before, not just removing the battery? That could be the root of your problems.

It took me a while to find your post in the software section because the subject line is different from what you quote here. Careful.

It is possible that your previous virus infection screwed up your BIOS. Clear it, format your C: drive from DOS, turn off power, and then install Windows again. Let's see what happens then.

paroh

Padawan
use + for high priority and - for low priority in the boot sequence and then save changes and exit the bios.

If this not work there may be a bios bug and u need to update ur bios

OP
M

mahendran

Journeyman
thanks friends,finally i was able to change the boot sequence and save using jumper setting and the + and _.thanks.

however,the problelm with regards to booting into normal mode remains.

it seems to be a hardware problem.

on removing both the cd roms, i was able to boot into normal mode.

these cd roms were not recently added.then how come a hardware conflict after a format and clean installation of os?
on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom