Unable to hiberinate & linux option missing in boot menu.plz plz help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q1.while i was installin longhorn i cancelled windows file protection .on restart i OS crashed.i got black screen with error" cannot start windows as <windows>\system32\ntoskenl.exe is missing"
such a messages appeared even bfore but at that time the files was hall.dll(& i repaired with os cd that time)
i booted from XPSP2 CD but i didnt find repair option(that was the same CD i used bfore & dont know using recovery console).what can i do when such errors appear????????.(i tried safe mode ,last known etc nothing worked.all gave same error)

Q2.so i deleted existing windows & installed new one.now the ubuntu linux which is partition D is not shown in boot menu.the grub loader is not appearing at all.??????

Q3.(MOST IMP)when i tried to enable hiberination in power settings & clicked apply.it says the process cannot be accessed.the file is being used by another process.then i deleted the existing hiberination file.even then it shows same result.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
1. You an locate the ntoskrnl on the disc, decompress it and copy it to the System 32 folder using the Recovery Console (R). A repair funtion appears at the install screen, not the pre-install. (better keep a backup on the HDD itself)

2. Your MBR has been replaced by Windows, so GRUB loader was removed, I think the disc has a recovery tool, not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom