Unable to get froyo update

utkarsh007

U7karsh
Hey guys m unable to get froyo update coz i am unable to connect g3 via kies. It jus shows connecting but does'nt connect. I have installed all the drivers and m in idle mode. On the phone it shows connected and on pc my sd card is also connected but kies still stays connecting.
PLZ HELP FAST

Can this b a prob due to lack of a driver called bluetooth peripheral device?

123shree

Broken In
Hey guys m unable to get froyo update coz i am unable to connect g3 via kies. It jus shows connecting but does'nt connect. I have installed all the drivers and m in idle mode. On the phone it shows connected and on pc my sd card is also connected but kies still stays connecting.
PLZ HELP FAST

Can this b a prob due to lack of a driver called bluetooth peripheral device?

which phone are you using??????
currently ony Galaxy S has Froyo update in India..If you have G3 wait for some time for offitial release or flash unofficial samfirmware using odin..

123shree

Broken In
Hey i think u dont know that g3 has got official update.
Kindly help me by tellin how to connect to kies

If G3 has official update then just update Kies. The Kies that comes with your phone is not compatible with android and won't connect properly.
You can also try some custom ROM's for your phone available at xda. They are very cool and way better than samsung ROM's:smile:

OP
utkarsh007

utkarsh007

U7karsh
If G3 has official update then just update Kies. The Kies that comes with your phone is not compatible with android and won't connect properly.
You can also try some custom ROM's for your phone available at xda. They are very cool and way better than samsung ROM's:smile:

but phone warranty is not covered if v use custom rom's and i jus wanna connect to kies
plz help
i had connected to kies 2 times few months ago but now its not connecting

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Same problem here. Was trying to upgrade my Galaxy S from Kies but phone would just not recognize in Kies.

And, in mobile a message flashes now-n-then whenever I connect my mobile to Kies, "media scanner running". I've noticed that, if this message comes, Galaxy S does not show up in Kies.

Don't know what is the isue, official upgrade might not be for rooted users :D Would wait till someone releases a custom ROM based on the official one.

123shree

Broken In
but phone warranty is not covered if v use custom rom's and i jus wanna connect to kies
plz help
i had connected to kies 2 times few months ago but now its not connecting

Had the same problem with my G5.fixed it just by updating the Kies application. It even recognizes Custom ROM's !!!!!!!!!:razz:
Dude if you want warranty if something goes wrong, just flash the original firmware(Eclair from Samfirmware) that came with your device and you will get warranty..Had bricked my phone while updating the touch screen driver but got it repaired for free!!!1

Same problem here. Was trying to upgrade my Galaxy S from Kies but phone would just not recognize in Kies.

And, in mobile a message flashes now-n-then whenever I connect my mobile to Kies, "media scanner running". I've noticed that, if this message comes, Galaxy S does not show up in Kies.

Don't know what is the isue, official upgrade might not be for rooted users :D Would wait till someone releases a custom ROM based on the official one.

Have you tried to convert the partitions in your phone to ext2,4 or 4???
This sometimes happens if the partitions are improperly converted...dry a datawipe in recovery mode(warning!!!this erases all you data in phone memory)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Even I bricked my GS once. Mistakenly installed Captive ROM. Went to Samsung service center here in Thane, They just flashed it with original ROM without charge.

Have you tried to convert the partitions in your phone to ext2,4 or 4???
This sometimes happens if the partitions are improperly converted...dry a datawipe in recovery mode(warning!!!this erases all you data in phone memory)

I'm not sure. How do I check this? I've no issues with data wipe. I was just going to flash my GS Sunday, and took backup of apps+data.

I can try datawipe, but how to know which kinda file system it has?

123shree

Broken In
Even I bricked my GS once. Mistakenly installed Captive ROM. Went to Samsung service center here in Thane, They just flashed it with original ROM without charge.

I'm not sure. How do I check this? I've no issues with data wipe. I was just going to flash my GS Sunday, and took backup of apps+data.

I can try datawipe, but how to know which kinda file system it has?

If you are on Samsung's stock ROM then you are on .rfs file system....not sure how to check that..
I was using Gmini's kernel on my G5 and I wanted ext2 filesystem, but the phone just trowed an error everytime I tried that. After that I faced the same 'media scanner running' problem. Did a data wipe and it fixed that...

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Data wipe done!!! Fingers crossed!

Now that I've done data wipe, Kies says my phone does not have firmwire. Phone does not boot at all. Though recognized by Kies.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^Yes.

Installed this,
[ROM] MIUI 2.3.3 for Galaxy S - v1.4.15 [RC5b - Based On Official - New FAQ, READ IT] - xda-developers

Top Bottom