Ubuntu 8.04.1 LTS released

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
there is lock-ups reported using 2.6.24 kernel and hardy.
you may like to view this thread and the resolution shown(upgrade to 2.6.26-rc8 zen sources ):
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=876908

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
8.04 is non responsive.. Also how do I enable Universe Repo ? :S Man installing banshee from repo.. doesn't even provide 1.0 ver.. still Iam getting 0.13 :S Also FF is way non responsive :| Darn I am itching to install Fedora :D

Also fonts are pathetic.. Mandriva fonts were smooth. Even Gutsy fonts were way better :)

F

FilledVoid

Also how do I enable Universe Repo ?
System ->Admininstration -> Software Sources -> Enable the repos you want?
Man installing banshee from repo.. doesn't even provide 1.0 ver.. still Iam getting 0.13
Yes thats the version in the Universe Repo as shown here.
Also FF is way non responsive
Did you update from the Beta version that was included in Hardy Heron? Also you can access a fix for Firefox here

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Ohh Repo is fine I got baffled after I saw banhee installation page.. it was mention 1.0 is available in rep . later I read that it was for Intrepid..

No I haven't updated FF. Still using Beta :|

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Huh That Banshee 1.0 I installed from getdeb doesn't detect my IPOD>. I think the package is not produced correctly :|

F

FilledVoid

No I haven't updated FF. Still using Beta
Maybe updating might fix some of the issues . Also refer to the above thread. :)

Huh That Banshee 1.0 I installed from getdeb doesn't detect my IPOD>. I think the package is not produced correctly
Hmmm on Arch Banshee(1.0) works perfectly with my iPod Nano .

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
That what I said. I downloaded a third party package not the official package :| I will compile that from source :p

praka123

left this forum longback
me.../\ walks inn :D what do you people want?latest banshee for ubuntu?
For 1.0 :-
*www.getdeb.net/app/Banshee
Latest versions:
Ubuntu Hardy 32 bits - 1.0.0
Ubuntu Hardy 64 bits - 1.0.0

# Gutsy or Hardy: Install from the Banshee Team PPA

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Ok I installed Banshee from PPA ..Just add this repo..

Code:
deb *ppa.launchpad.net/banshee-team/ubuntu hardy main

Then do this in Terminal

Code:
sudo apt-get install banshee-1

*www.imgx.org/files/19122_zuffz/Banshee%20Thumb.png

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Your tags are sort of FAIL. Linkin Park does not have a "It's easy", "It's all over" nor a "Last Resort". I think the latter's by Papa Roach instead and not sure about the two formers.

Numb and In The End are the only valid Hybrid Theory songs there. Gimme ssh to your PC, I'm gonna wash those tags!

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Actualy I didn't know which Song belongs to which ALbum..Just brought those songs from Friends which were all haphazard.. I did categories them using Easy tag.. Will clear up the English Database and will re-download all album from Torrent to get the exact Album information :)

What's SSh :S ?:eek:

Edit : I don't have my collection with me yet.. They are on my 80 Gb drive and that has gone for maintenance.. All those songs from Ipod :p

arupch

Tech Addict
Can I update my installed Ubuntu 8.04 with the 8.04.1 alternate iso?

.............Edit..............
Got it. Just installed the 8.04.1 alternate Cd and synaptic started automatically saying "new media with software packages detected". Just selected the packages to be upgraded/installed and voila !!
_______
Arup

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom