Ubuntu 7.04 wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
I want to know whether Digit has provided the Ubuntu 7.04...... All my digit CD/DVD are in my Hostel so i couldn't go there and search... If so please tell in which months issue it gave... HELP Please

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
You are welcome. Ubuntu 7.04 must be better than the old versions. I am not a Linux user. I can't pin-point the advantages though.

OP
Gigacore

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
ok kiran i'll install 5.10 version and let u know.. for now canu come online in Yahoo messenger???

OP
Gigacore

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
thanks @ kalpik, i would like to install Ubuntu 5.10 and can i upgrade to 7.04 or 8.x.x Later????

Possible

Custom User Title
@Intel_Gigacore - If you can afford to wait for a few weeks, you might as well try ordering it from ShipIt (*shipit.ubuntu.com).

Else go to some net cafe and download the ISO and get it burnt there. 5.04 will NOT give you a good satisfaction of using Linux.

Last edited:
OP
Gigacore

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Possible said:
@Intel_Gigacore - If you can afford to wait for a few weeks, you might as well try ordering it from ShipIt (www.shipit.ubuntu.com).

Else go to some net cafe and download the ISO and get it burnt there. 5.04 will NOT give you a good satisfaction of using Linux.

Ok but ur link is not workin....

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
my bet is on KUbuntu , it's much more better looking n snazzier than ubuntu .
Can you explain me how does this happen when ubuntu and kubuntu both have the same base? Better looking is considered but how snazzier?

Pathik

Google Bot
kubuntu Screenies
*www.ubuntux.org/image-galleries/kubuntu-5-04-screenshots
*www.kubuntu.org/screenshots.php

OP
Gigacore

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Did Digit Publish Fedora Core 6 in its DVD???

After searching i found Only Fedora Core 4

Good Screen Shots.... Now i'm thinking of installing Kubuntu, Ubuntu and Fedora Core 6, Is it possible guys....??

And is it meaningless if i install both Kubuntu and Ubuntu, Whats the Difference b/w them... whats the KDE features of Kubuntu??

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
No don't install kubuntu and ubuntu both. Just install one of them and then download the desktop of other
if you install ubuntu then you need to install kubuntu-desktop and if you install kubuntu then ubuntu-desktop. You can also install xubuntu-desktop if you want xfce. Only difference between the 3 is the window manager used. Ubuntu has GNOME, Kubuntu has KDE and Xubuntu has XFCE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom