Ubuntu 7.04 release candidate delayed due to validation bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie

El mooooo
The Ubuntu 7.04 release candidate (due on April 12, 2007) has been delayed due to bugs discovered during validation testing, specifically problems with certain ATA chipsets and problems with the connection status displayed by the network-manager panel applet. There is no updated ETA yet, but the core development team is actively working on the problems and expect it to be a matter of days.

Further announcement will be made when more is known.
Source: Ubuntu Devel Mailing List

I hope this doesn't delay Ubuntu from releasing 7.04 on the scheduled date i.e. April 19th.

freebird

Debian Rocks!
Is it due to the kernel 2.6.19+ deal of merger of old ata into libata and hence renaming ata drives to scsi creating problems?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Could be and I guess they'd be using 2.6.20 kernel cos it was available long time back in Jan, when I had tried Feisty.

OP
eddie

eddie

El mooooo
Well there are no details mentioned so currently it is anyone's guess as to what the problem actually is. I recently used Kubuntu 7.04 Beta and it named everything correctly so it shouldn't be naming the devices thing.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ Yes, it will :)
And one of the reasons why the RC was delayed was the malfunctioning of Network-Manager.

7mm

Broken In
nitish_mythology said:
Will Canonial ship cds of Ubuntu 7.04 when it is finally released?

....Sure, Only If It Has LTS;) (Long Term Support).

....Let's Hope, We'll Get Ubuntu 7.x As DVD Version With Plenty of Stuff Pre Loaded. Cheers!

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Feisty won't have long term support.
The one with LTS will be feisty+1(aka gusty gibbon for now)
But, I believe they're shipping feisty.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Yes, Feisty Fawn will be shipped. I just checked shipit.com and it said Feisty will be shipped.

Last edited:

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
No reason given yet.. But it was on the mailing lists that it wont be an LTS release..

Possible

Custom User Title
tech_your_future - ShipIt already has put it up that they are shipping Feisty CDs, and they definitely are gonna put LTS in it.

Check ShipIt yourself. Requests are now trimmed down to 3 or 1. I ordered 1.

cynosure

UbuntuUser
I chose the non standard option of 1PC and 1 64bit edition of Ubuntu. I hope the package comes in time coz they were saying the package would take about 10 weeks for delivery.
Waise is there any DVD version of 7.04 in shipit????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom