Tweaking Beryl Extras

Status
Not open for further replies.

faraaz

Evil Genius
Okay, I have a small problem. I was fiddling around with Beryl the other day on my brand new Sabayon install, and found those Snow effects and what not. I thought "Meh...big deal"...but then I saw this video where the guy was getting that Matrix code to scroll down...and I KNOW he's doing it through the Snow effect but with different textures. Or something like that...even if that's not how he's doing it, I want to know how to do it!!

Does anyone here know where I can get my hands on textures that are used for the Snow effect in Beryl?? For instance, a while ago, I saw this video on Youtube where the guy had leaves blowing across his desktop and that was pretty awesome too...

KDE-Look.org and Beryl-Theme.org have skydomes and cubecaps only...not much else that can be used...

So point me in the right direction guys!

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
John White: The blowing leaves effect is an experimental plugin for Beryl (the last time I checked). You have to download it separately and enable it. I think the plugin is called Snow within Beryl Manager under the Plugins Settings. Within the Snow settings you have a dozen or so textures to use but most of them are snowflakes. The YouTube video I embedded at the top of this page shows the Snow plugin using a flower texture and also a leaf texture. I would guess that the creator of this video, BastionPL (see link next to video above), created the leaf texture himself as it wasn't a default texture.
*www.queervisions.com/arch/2007/03/beryl_skydomes.html

Try playing around in beryl manager, in the snow and rain effects. If it's not there check for extra plugins in beryl wiki, forums or in svn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom