TUTORIAL: Make Your Windows XP look-a-like Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceeeeman

Journeyman
can anyone tel me a software which can tel me tht the files eg.shell32.dll in which i have made changes is safe n it wont damage my comp??????PLZ:eek:

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
@shyamno
U must be using XP New login screen. I think u r using Windows classic login dialog box.

@::.BLOOD!GOD.:: & caleb
thnx a lot for ur nice comments. :D

@iceeeeman
I can't understand what r u talking about? :confused:

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
I am using the XP new login screen but after installing the bootskin XP does not boot into XP...gets stuck...so I had to run it in safermode and uninstall the bootskin...any suggestions on how to get it work.

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
Vishal Gupta said:
@shyamno
U must be using XP New login screen. I think u r using Windows classic login dialog box.

If I use XP new Login screen then only I will get the Vista Login screen..??I have tried changing the welcome screen from the control panel..but everytime it says that

"Client Services for Netware has disabled the Welcome screen and Fast User Switching. To restore these features , you must uninstall Client Services for Netware."

What are these features and how to remove this ??Will it cause any problem to the system ??

Last edited:

Dhruv11

Broken In
Ok i did exactly as told here but whenever i try to save files in resource hacker. It gives me error

Cannot create file C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll

Same happens when i try to save msgina.dll

Im not sure wot am i doing wrong. Pls guide me :(

View attachment 617

iceeeeman

Journeyman
Vishal Gupta said:
@iceeeeman
I can't understand what r u talking about? :confused:

bro its happened 2 times tht i made some changes in shell32.dll n then my comp doesnt start i shows a error, so can u tel me software with which i can come to know tht the file is correct tht i have made ,n it wont cause any damage PLZ DUDE

Cannot create file C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll

Same happens when i try to save msgina.dll

Im not sure wot am i doing wrong. Pls guide me :(

View attachment 617

dude u first save the shell32.dll file in some folder with the same name i.e if u have made changes in shell32.dll save it by the name shell32.dll only ,then replace the file using REPLACER thts It:cool:

Last edited:

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
shyamno said:
"Client Services for Netware has disabled the Welcome screen and Fast User Switching. To restore these features , you must uninstall Client Services for Netware."
Hey buddy.....
disable this eFFect will not harm ur PC...........
To disable this effect U can..............
1. Open Control pannel
2. Click To Network Connection
3. A window wil appear
4. Right Click On Icon For Example-
Dail Up Connection
Virtual Private NetWork Connection
5. A menu Will Appear
6. Click On Propertise
7. A dialog Box will Appear...
8. There will be many tabs Ex Genral, Options, Security, Networking.
9. Click On Networking Tab
10. A dialog box will be dispalyed which shows:
THE CONNECTION USES THE FOLLOWING ITEMS
11. Now, As u scoll down it will dsplay all the uses of connection.
12. You willl also see Client services For NetWare which will be checked
13. Uncheck that Box......
14. cLCIK OK
15. restart UR Pc.....
16. DO THE WORK......

iF U hav any trouble than see the image-
*img208.imageshack.us/img208/286/untitledin1.th.jpg

@ Dhruv
buddy ..
Windows File Protection doesnot let u to create or edit ur Files And Folders.(especially The Files And Folder In C:\Windows)........
Try to save the Shell32 file in Desktop.....
And then with REPLACER
(
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30897&page=2)replace the original file from the file u edited...............
this method will work for other files also......

Last edited:

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
Ron said:
Hey buddy.....
disable this eFFect will not harm ur PC...........
To disable this effect U can..............
1. Open Control pannel
2. Click To Network Connection
3. A window wil appear
4. Right Click On Icon For Example-
Dail Up Connection
Virtual Private NetWork Connection
5. A menu Will Appear
6. Click On Propertise
7. A dialog Box will Appear...
8. There will be many tabs Ex Genral, Options, Security, Networking.
9. Click On Networking Tab
10. A dialog box will be dispalyed which shows:
THE CONNECTION USES THE FOLLOWING ITEMS
11. Now, As u scoll down it will dsplay all the uses of connection.
12. You willl also see Client services For NetWare which will be checked
13. Uncheck that Box......
14. cLCIK OK
15. restart UR Pc.....
16. DO THE WORK......

iF U hav any trouble than see the image-
*img208.imageshack.us/img208/286/untitledin1.th.jpg

@ Dhruv
buddy ..
Windows File Protection doesnot let u to create or edit ur Files And Folders.(especially The Files And Folder In C:\Windows)........
Try to save the Shell32 file in Desktop.....
And then with REPLACER
(
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30897&page=2)replace the original file from the file u edited...............
this method will work for other files also......
I have tried this..i.e unchecking the Netware clients both in Local Area Connection as well as the dialer for the BB..but again when I click on "change the way the user logs in or log off " through User Accounts in Control Panel..I am getting the same pop up..window..displaying the same message..

Tech Geek

Wise Old Owl
Dhruv11 said:
CRAP !!! Dont know wot i did wrong n only option i had left was to reinstall windows !!! grrrrrr
Well
you should not play with shell32.dll and registry anytime until you know what to do.

hackers

Broken In
ok i have tried something let check it

1.save a wallpaper at C:\windows\web\wallpaper\
(remember the wallpaper name)
2.now open a notepad n paste this:
[{BE098140-A513-11D0-A3A4-00C04FD706EC}]
iconarea_image=C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper\{wallpapername.jpg}
iconarea_text=0x00FFFFFF
3.now save this1 in .ini
4.now cut this file n past any drive and click refresh
see the magic

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
@@@Vishal please help me sort my problem with the login Screen..Should I safely Uninstall the Netware Clients..?? Or there is any other way to sort out the problem of login screen..

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
shyamno[/quote said:
Hey buddy, After unchecking the option ........did u restart ur Pc...........
Or
Try to uninstall it from Start > Run > appwiz.cpl {Press Enter} (Add-Remove Option)

Note:Novel Client services are used for logging on to a Netware network (the Windows Logon can be used to login to Netware but it offers limited features. With Novell client you can use Novell Printers and Groupwise ).

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
Through Add Remove Option I didn't find the Novel Client to be uninstalled ??

Is that any update provided through Microsoft because after some updates the login screen changed to the classic one from the New Xp welcome screen..long way back..

or Can I uninstall it safely through the each connection ..checking it and uninstalling it from there..

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
Ron said:
shyamno said:
Hey buddy,
Instead of unchecking the Net Ware try to unistall it from the button "UNINSTALL" given below..........

yeah i was also saying the same..I mean that unchecking all the other except the Netware Clients and then Uninstall it through the Uninstall button..

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
hey vishal, when windows is maximised wid vistavg theme the active title bar color chamges to black. is it just me or everyone???

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^ hmmm... just a request: vishal, can u please release another theme which retains the original blue pattern? i wudn't wanna let go of such a wonderful theme for that black title bar! i love this beautiful theme!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom