Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
thnx a lot guys for ur wonderful comments. :D

@shyamno
It always better to hv a backup before editing system files but yeah! System Restore will revert the changes to the default. ;)
And regarding to the Startmenu problem, try the VistaVG 2.0 theme.

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
ok..it worked fine..
but is there any way to bring back the left pane..which was there on the previous version or even original XP theme..to navigate My Documets..My Computers..Control Panel..etc..

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^
Its now in bottom. coz in Vista the common tasks are displayed at bottom and looks better than XP one, thats why I placed them in bottom in my theme. ;)
But if u want it in left-side, then d/l following file:

*www.MegaShare.com/111669

extract it and then copy it to following folder:

%windir%\Resources\Themes\VistaVG\Shell\NormalColor

There will be an existing file with same name, just overwrite that.

gau_pppu

TeCh Blogger : Gtechinfo
could not understand the following setting plz explain it again.

Vista progress dialog box is different from XP. But we can make our XP dialog box to look-a-like Vista one by using my favorite Resource Hacker.

Just open "%windir%\System32\Shell32.dll" file in Resource Hacker and then goto:

Dialog -> 1020 -> 1033

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ thnx. :)

@gau_pppu
U hv to edit the file "Shell32.dll", which is located in "C:\Windows\System32" directory(if ur windows is installed in C: drive, otherwise change C: to the exact drive letter) in resource hacker.
For more information, read following tuts:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31112
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21217

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
hey buddy,
After applying the vista boot screen….. my PC automatically restarts and then it asks me to switch the Pc in safe mode or in Last Known Good Configuration that recently worked………….

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ Just download the login screen and then u can extract the BITMAP using resource hacker. ;) Its the wallpaper, which came in Vista RTM version and its the default wallpaper of Vista.

anispace

dattebayo
3. In Windows Vista an animated Vista Logo is also displayed before the Login screen. You can also do a similar thing in XP. Just download required BMP file from here and then open regedit and goto:

Code:
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop
In right-side pane change the value of Wallpaper String value to the Path of downloaded BMP file. e.g., if u saved the BMP file at "D:\Startup.bmp", then set the value of Wallpaper to D:\Startup.bmp. Now u'll get a similar Vista Logo just before the Login screen in XP too.

this doesnt work for me. anyway to get it workin?

hackers

Broken In
thx for this tut
but i want to know is there any way so that close,minimize & maximize buttom will glow like in windowblinds and it give great effect
i dont want to use windowblinds so if there is ny way pls tell me
by the way gr8 look!!!!:p

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ Not possible.

@anispace
Downlaod the BMP file and save the file at suppose D:\ drive and then open regedit and goto:

Code:
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop
Now in right-side pane change the value of Wallpaper to D:\Startup.bmp

uzair

Jumping Jack
Houston we've got a problem

I tried only the progress window modification of shell32.dll

It says file in use so i'm unable to say the changes...what do i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom