Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
alib_i

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
*bump*

i wrote this tutorial long ago ..
newer suggestions and corrections invited !

Req: Move it to Tutorials section
( aah .. there was no tutorials section when i wrote it. :))

-----
alibi

super_i_man

Broken In
thanks boss, i had searched the net long back to bypass the firewall but i could not find any thing useful, the tutorial u posted is great, i love it, nice wrok, keep it up, working behind a firewall is sometimes usefull also.

and one more thing, it may be against company policy to bypass a firewall............ corporate laws !!!!

nagarjun_424

Journeyman
Hi!

Firstly, I gotta congratulate you for this tutorial. Secondly, I just started using ARES P2P which rocks but the problem again is the Firewall. Can you give me a solution to use ARES P2P behind a firewall?

Thanks!

crashuniverse

In the zone
wow! this is something a result of genuine work and i like d it much... anyways some new p2p clients like bearshare (getin popular nowadays) were missing as i was trying to find out which p2p is a better one. anyways congratulations.

Charley

Just Do It
I tried to enable the firewall in my modem and tried using the P2P and it still worked as normal. What should i do to enable the firewall so as to stop P2P usage.

OP
alib_i

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
The firewall I am talking about is not the your own computer's firewall, its your ISP's firewall. ex in college and corporate LANs install firewall such that you can only open websites ( only port 80 open ).

In your computer firewall, if you want to block P2P, you have to disallow the respective application (kazaa,dc++,etc) to access internet. That's the way you block P2P ( or any other software for the argument's sake ) in your computer

By the way, we have good news
July 10, 2005

HTTP-Tunnel v3.3.1700 released!

This release features RC4 encryption, completely rewritten HTTP proxy code, superior BitTorrent and other P2P performance, and many other changes.
Download
I've just downloaded it .. lets see if its as good as it says it is ;)

-----
alibi

devil666

Broken In
Sounds like a nice tutorial. But i think Your Freedom is by far the fastest of all the three. doesnt HTTP-Tunnel limit the download speed? Your Freedom even though is a paid service now, offers a free account with 64kbps speed and unlimited download. I've found Your Freedom quite useful especially for Bittorrent. Sockscap is amazing but it only lasts 60 days.

moshel

Padawan
ok pls help me....i got sick as i wasnt able to use ares becoz of my firewall...

i got ares....
and i downloaded http tunnel so someone pl tell me what to do next

i am not sooooo much of a computer geek.

OP
alib_i

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
Your Freedom is very good .. everybody who has used it says that. Somehow it never worked for me. Tried everything I could, but never clicked. So, I wrote about what I could write :). HTTP-Tunnel, it seems, has recently put a speed barrier (earlier the paid service only offered paid servers, which were less clogged).

Emule .. again .. never worked for me, so not in a position to write about it. If you can, write a proper tutorial, I'll patch it up in the first post.

and moshel .. look for somewhere you can put in "socks proxy" .. when you find it .. put in 127.0.0.1 as IP and 8080 as port.

-----
alibi

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
your-freedom is the only one which works here. Because the initial URL is from https source and hence it isnt blocked. Also I dont need an installer for it as I can run the java version of it. All this make it the most viable solution if you ask me.

shersaha

Broken In
alib_i..
Its a good turorial but its not working for me. Please help me. I am behind firewall/proxy . Though i can access any web site(http) and download any thing but this p2p is not working as only port no. 80 is open. I can access https site also. Let my proxy is x.y.w.z then how can i use sockscaps , bittorrent client please give me step by step guide. Bittorrents log is given here :
[2005-12-01 01:29:14] -- BitTorrent started --
[2005-12-01 01:29:15] "AbarAranye.avi" : This torrent (or one with the same contents) is already running.
[2005-12-01 01:29:16] (global message) : Could not get latest version from *version.bittorrent.com/win32/stable
[2005-12-01 01:31:52] "AbarAranye.avi" : Problem connecting to tracker - <urlopen error (7, 'getaddrinfo failed')>
[2005-12-01 01:32:50] "AbarAranye.avi" : Problem connecting to tracker - <urlopen error (7, 'getaddrinfo failed')>
[2005-12-01 01:34:50] "AbarAranye.avi" : Problem connecting to tracker - <urlopen error (7, 'getaddrinfo failed')>

looking forward ...

OP
alib_i

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
shersaha,
I would suggest .. use BitSpirit (link given in last page) and you can forget about SocksCap.

Setup HTTP-Tunnel (or YourFreedom or any similar softie) .. configure your w.x.y.z proxy in it..
and specify socks proxy (127.0.0.1:1080) in BitSpirit.
This combo gives best speed (atleast for me)

As for your log ...
I think either your tracker is down, or your HTTP-tunnel (or whatever) not connecting ..

Post here if you have any more problems ..

-----
alibi

PS: It's possible that your proxy server has blocked tunneling ..
It's done in a few proxy servers at my place :(

shersaha

Broken In
alib_i,

will try tonite and see what happen... is there any way to test whether my proxy is blocking tunneling or not?

OP
alib_i

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
I generally use desproxy for such testing ..
It's a command line socks sever ..
If it gives replies such as "access denied" ( and a HTML code for a webpage showing this access denied info ), then I can be more or less certain that tunnelling is blocked on that proxy.

-----
alibi

shersaha

Broken In
I have already downloaded desproxy. But could not know use. please tell me how it works...

I have following :
1.desproxy
2.desproxy-dns
3.desproxy-inetd
4.desproxy-socksserver
5.socket2socket

now tell me how to test whether proxy is blocking tunneling or not?

How can I test what port is open or not ?

Please tell me details procedure..

OP
alib_i

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
hmm ... this is something I do myself ..
It may not be right .. I have no idea if it really works the way I think or not.

that was the disclaimer :p

.. anyways ..
You need the file desproxy-socksserver ..
# Open command prompt ..
# Navigate to desproxy folder
# Run the file desproxy-socksserver .. using following parameters ..
Code:
C:\>desproxy\desproxy-socksserver proxy-ip proxy-port local-port
# local-port is usually 1080
# You need to find out which port is open in the proxy yourself. I cant help you there (you can use programs like BluesPortScanner to find open ports, but it's not that useful)
# Run your P2P application.
# Now if you see a reply similar to this pic .. then most probably your proxy has tunnelling blocked

*img235.imageshack.us/img235/3725/untitled2wo.th.jpg

(can somebody verify this trick ?)

-----
alibi

shersaha

Broken In
alib_i,
thanks for reply. what I found reproduced below..
I have start desproxy_socksserver proxy proxy_port local-port(1080).

Result is: TCP port 1080 bound and listening
press <ctl+c> to Quit.

scanned the port using blues portscanner.. result is not understandable -- like this--[7-echo],[21-ftp],[80-www-http],[1080-socks] like this. Now tell me whether this port is open or not?

Now I have started Bit Torrent client and setting in network is like this-- starting port 1080.

but there is no error message like you have shown in image.. If I am wrong please corect..

Can you give me step by step procedure so that it will help me better..
Advance thanks for your reply

ps: one more thing pse tell me how I will have to take screen short and publish in forum so that who help me(lik u) can understand the problem easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom