Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
@poorlyduck
thnx for ur sweet comments. :D

Regarding to the &, its used for displaying shortcut key "Underlined". for example, if u put "Vis&hal", then it'll show "h" underlined, so that u can know about the shortcut key. ;)

Its not necessary...

poorlyduck

Broken In
Vishal Gupta said:
@poorlyduck
thnx for ur sweet comments. :D

Regarding to the &, its used for displaying shortcut key "Underlined". for example, if u put "Vis&hal", then it'll show "h" underlined, so that u can know about the shortcut key. ;)

Its not necessary...
Man, how do you know all that? I would never thought about it, this site is just awsome , thank you so very much :p
I managed to make my first bootskin yay!

*img410.imageshack.us/img410/5003/screenbd7.jpg

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
thnx buddy. Its just a few years experience of doing R&D with registry and Resource Hacker. :D

and ur boot screen is looking cool. ;)

saurabh kakkar

D i s t i n c t l y Ahead
hi vishal
i have been using ur VistaVG 2.0 theme for long and just want to ask a question .I use windows classical view a lot but in ur theme the icons are of xp. HOW CAN I CHANGE THESE ICONS TO THAT OF VISTA.
*img362.imageshack.us/img362/9210/untitledlw2.png

Last edited:
OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Open "%windir%\System32\Shell32.dll" file in resource hacker and expand "Icon Group". Now check which icon u want to change and replace it with ur desired icon. ;)

poorlyduck

Broken In
Im using Icon tweaker with vista icon themes, but Im having a hard time to change dvd drives, memory stick and others (see picture below) even I do change each individual drive, but when I restart he computer the original icons comes back, please anyboy can help, thank you in advance.

*img515.imageshack.us/img515/294/mycomputervp6.jpg

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
hmmm.. i used icontweaker/iconpackager but this problem persists for me too. except the optical drive all other icons are perfect! any help wud be appreciated! :)

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I hv also faced this problem when I used XP. All icons are changed bu CD/DVD drive icon wasnt changed, even after rebuilding the icon cache.

What I did, either change those icons manually in "Shell32.dll" file or use "Tuneup Utilities". Its Styler can change those icons without any problem. :)

poorlyduck

Broken In
Vishal Gupta said:
I hv also faced this problem when I used XP. All icons are changed bu CD/DVD drive icon wasnt changed, even after rebuilding the icon cache.

What I did, either change those icons manually in "Shell32.dll" file or use "Tuneup Utilities". Its Styler can change those icons without any problem. :)

Thank you vishal. I did what you told me dnd installed tuneup UT bust still the same problem, do I have to remove the tweaker and just use tuneup to apply the vista packages and if I do where I can find tuneup vista icon packages?
somehow before even I install the tuneup I went to safe mode and there, the CDrom icons shows as vista icon, but in normal windows wont, weired!
TIA.

poorlyduck

Broken In
Vishal Gupta said:
^^ Just replace the icon in "Shell32.dll" file with Vista one. thats the BEST solution. ;)

thank you vishal, I guess that what I would do, I .st need to locate the .ico folder in windows and post the ones I need there then open shell32 with SH and change the .ico right? if it is then my last question is where the windows .ico located, and which number I will look in SH to modify just to be in the safe side, thank you vishal for your help and effort you put on this site.

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ For Vista icons, u can get all icons in "%windir%\System32\imageres.dll" file in Vista.
Now u hv to open XP "Shell32.dll" file in resource hacker and then change what icon u want to change. For changing icons, etc. u can follow my Resource hacker tut. :)

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
hey i am unable to change my boot screen through STARDOCk BOOT SCREEN.....

cooldip10

In the zone
How did you apply VISTAVG? Plz help.

BTW your tut is cool. But I'm always getting stuck with most of the times.

Last edited:

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
cooldip10 said:
How did you apply VISTAVG? Plz help.
VIstaVG is a visual style(with extension .msstyle). By Default XP doesnt allow third party visual styles. But you can use third party visual styles by patching your uxtheme.dll file.
Use Neowin UXtheme multipatcher to patch your uxtheme.dll file. Then download Vishal's VistaVG and simply double click on it. it will be applied automatically. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom