Turn Nokia N70 into Music Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkazuya

Right off the assembly line
helloo all.. I need a help!! :(
I am trying to upgrade my N70 to music edition, but when I want to open the Nokia Software Updater application it shows an error "Network Service Layer Host". What's the problem of that? So, what must I do? Please give suggestion of it...thx before that!!

dkazuya

Intel_Gigacore vbmenu_register("postmenu_477594", true);
Catalyst Advisor

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/image.php?u=15745&dateline=1176815004

make sure ur gprs is working fine

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am using dial up.. not gprs.

dkazuya

I have tried to reinstall the NSU twice. But, it is still the same condition. And also, I have tried to redownload the NSU. No changes is appear. The same error is appeared.

andro_kwt

arunks said:
This is the standard/normal N70 which can be seen everywhere.

*bp0.blogger.com/_KcajYD4sqnI/RYMQHfC2NrI/AAAAAAAAAAs/nfxqHPhVwX4/s320/n70std.jpg
and this is the newly launched N70 Music Edition.
*bp0.blogger.com/_KcajYD4sqnI/RYMQHfC2NpI/AAAAAAAAAAc/a19b5oNvc-0/s320/n70-1me.jpg

Well, the difference between the standard N70 and Music Edition N70 are, Music Edition (ME) comes with the all black housing, media pack consist of (Nokia AD-41 and HS-21 headset, Nokia 1GB Mobile MMC). The standard N70 package only comes with a stereo headset, and 64MB mobile MMC.
*bp3.blogger.com/_KcajYD4sqnI/RYMQHPC2NnI/AAAAAAAAAAM/N2HyyMzsDsQ/s320/09122006127.jpg

HS21 HS20 Headset

*bp3.blogger.com/_KcajYD4sqnI/RYMQHPC2NoI/AAAAAAAAAAU/gR2HBdHuucY/s320/09122006128.jpg
AD-41 Adapter

Nokia AD-41 is special because it has media remote control, and it also converts Nokia standard Pop-port to the standard 3.5mm audio jack which allows you to enjoy your music using your own earphone. Compared to Nokia AD-15 which comes with the 3rd Generation N-Series, Nokia AD-41 has integrated microphone and remote control.

After the basic introduction and explaination about the difference between standard N70 and Music Edition N70, now lets see how we turn our existing N70 into Music Edition N-Series.
In summary, the difference would be:
1. The black housing
2. Nokia AD-41 adapter
3. 1GB DVRSMMC
4. The latest N70 music edition firmware which comes with the Green Theme

*bp1.blogger.com/_KcajYD4sqnI/RYMRsvC2NvI/AAAAAAAAABM/aeZRXu1J-Es/s320/Screenshot2.jpg

Let us starts with the 1st item in the list, you can actually gets the full black grade AAA housing from the internet which cost you around RM30-RM50 depends on the quality. If you don't like the grade AAA housing, you can always opt for the original housing from Nokia Personal Care centres.

Then, for the Nokia AD-41 adapter you can find some dealers which sells it at the lower price than NPC. In my situation, I manage to get it at the price of RM95 inclusive postage. The NPC sells the same adapter at the price of RM145 if I still remember it correctly.

The third item, 1GB DVRSMMC (Mobile MMC) you can get it anywhere which roughly cost you around RM80-RM90.

Lastly is the more technical part where you need to flash or upgrade your existing firmware by yourself. The targetted new firmware are v5.0638.3.0.1. The older firmware would not be able to support AD-41 adapter and you won't be able to listen to the radio through AD-41 adapter. Of course the targetted firmware solves both of this problem. It also provides new theme which green in color, and now the default Music Player and Radio background would be paint according to your theme instead of the blue color background. In case you don't know how to check your firmware version, you can check it by entering *#0000# in your phone during standby mode.

*bp0.blogger.com/_KcajYD4sqnI/RYMRsfC2NuI/AAAAAAAAABE/PMPtx7x3qRw/s320/Screenshot1.jpg

Steps of upgrade your firmware
Before you start, you must clearly understand that this process is considered quite risky. If you don't follow the steps correctly, you might damage your phone severely.
1. Get NNS (Nemesis Service Suite Beta) from this websites *www.b-phreaks.co.uk/software.htm (Scroll to the bottom most and there's a zip file sized around 4.75MB)
direct link is this *www.b-phreaks.co.uk/files/NSS/NSS10387.zip​

or try this​

*www.uploading.com/files/ZKT8B68U/NSS10387.zip.html​

2. After finish download it, install the NSS into your computer. During installation, you would be prompt to choose the service which you want to used. In this case, choose Virtual USB Devices

*bp0.blogger.com/_KcajYD4sqnI/RYMRsfC2NsI/AAAAAAAAAA0/0ilea5finMQ/s320/NSS1.jpg
3. Then finish the installation, and now download the Nokia Sofware Updater from the Nokia Official Websites. *www.nokia.co.uk/A4226014 Choose your model which is N70.​

4. After finish download, install the Updater as well.​

5. Connect your phone to your PC. In this case makes sure you had your PC-Suite installed. Makes sure your cable connection is stable and don't touch your cable anymore unless instructed. Cable that you can use are : CA-51 which originally bundled in N70 package, or you DKU2 which tend to be more stable.​

6. After your phone is connected to your pc, starts the NSS. You can see theres a discovery icon at right top corner there. Click it to let NSS detect device information. After those information generated, click on phone info (which is the second icon from left). Key in the product code and check the enable checkbox. The product key varies depends on what kind of firmware you wish to update. If you want pure Music Edition firmware which not support chinese language, enter your product code (0543026) or (0543027). If you need chinese language support, I suggest you update to the latest standard N70 firmware. The product code would be (0524115) or (0524116).
*N70 Music Edition APAC (English, Simplified Chinese) - 0539266
added on 17Dec2006

*bp0.blogger.com/_KcajYD4sqnI/RYMRsfC2NtI/AAAAAAAAAA8/vBdP2oIJIf0/s320/NSS2.jpg
7. After entered your product code, click write and wait it updates complete, then click on read button to verify your product code again.
* Some people having problem to verify the product code by click on the read button. Don't worry, you can verify it by click on the FLASH button, then click on the scan button at the very next tab. It can reveal your new product code too. :)
- added on 1 Jan 2007
Then exit the NSS, and open the NSU.​

8. Follow the instructions given inside the NSU closely and do not touch the cable until whole update process is completed.​
*bp1.blogger.com/_KcajYD4sqnI/RYMRsvC2NwI/AAAAAAAAABU/fG9l-2XhcPg/s320/NSU1.jpg

9. After finish the update, your phone now is N70 Music Edition or Compatible. You would notice theres two extra theme which is the Green theme or the Red theme. Both are exclusively designed for Music Edition series. :)*bp0.blogger.com/_KcajYD4sqnI/RYMQHfC2NqI/AAAAAAAAAAk/fh-cRhaiTr4/s320/N70ME.jpg​

In the end, here you are sucessfully turn your normal N70 into a music series N70. Enjoy yaaro..​

source: compiled and Posted by littleway's blog​

THIS CAN VOID YOUR WARRANTY (if u r not able to revert back to original pid again)...AND IT WILL BE UR OWN RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY KIND OF RISK INVOLVED WHEN U PERFORM THIS CARELESSLY OTHERWISE IT WILL BE COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY..​

Hi arun!
Dear before i read your tutorial i already updated my N70 software, and i got i higher version now 5.0705.3.0.1, my question is i didnt synchronize n NSS beta while updating my N70 software. if i am going to re-update together with NSS is it okay, or gives problem with my mobile?

what is the use of NSS software? is it safe to use together with nokia updater?

waiting ur reply!

Thanks again!!!:p

Veenlo

hi can someone help ive changed to product code and am trying to update with nokia software but as soon as it starts to update the computer find a new usb device and trys to load new drivers witch disconects the phone and stops the update can someone help me please!!!!!!!!!

alipap7

Hello
I have updated to music edition by the code 0543026 for Meadle East.
But other than 2 new themes, nothing has changed unlike changes in n73 music.
-No feature has been added to music player,
-Music player is not always open as is for n73 music
-the phone speed has not improved that much
Is this normal or my upgrade has been unsuccessfull?

sam_1710

Youngling
Dat is a successful upgrade..
there are no significant changes(except for those themes) wen u convert an ordinary N70 to N70ME.. !! :(

farbetter

Damn man how you people don't understand the procedure I did it at first shot if you want any help ask me.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
@ arunks hey bro nice post keep posting and upgrading is not harmful for our set i upgrade my 9500 firmware i got new features and fast booting.Gr8 man

heist

arunks thanks a lot bro, i manage to urn my n70 to n70me with your help. Now im enjoying my new n70me thanks to you....

i want it so badly that i have found this thread just by surfing the net....

OP
arunks

arunks

Hey here is the aks
-- u r welcm--
guys this forum is great place to share .. So sometimes we give something to this forum and many times we take everythng from this.. So cheers and enjoy

domingo

i have followed all the instruction to change my n70 to the ME but with no success:( . however i am using a CA-53 cable which i got with originally bundled in N70 package. will this make a difference. please assist.

thanks
gilly

michael09_31

pls help me.
when i update my phone my internal memory decrease to 18 mb. what should i do to restore my phone memory back to 22MB.

canester

I have done all the above mentioned instructions. but what happens with me is I get an error message when i use the NSS when i try to flash the product id. after that It says on the pc suite when i try to upgrade that my fone is not supported.

l8z

I have the same prob as you Canester when i go to write pid then NSS just errors i have tried a few diferent versions off nss but still with no luck... I have managed to do this in the past WITH NO PROBS!! but now it will not read or write any of my N70s

SOME1 PLS HELP

THANKS IN ADVANCE

l8z

I HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM.... UNINSTALL ALL NOKIA PC SUITE AND DRIVERS FROM ADD REMOVE PROGRAMS & DEVICE MANAGER RESTART AND

INSTALL Nokia_PC_Suite_6_84_10_3_eng_web

THE NEW NOKIA PC SUITES DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT DRIVER FOR NSS

HOPE THIS HELPS ALL IT DID ME!!!

YAY

anantjoshi01

i did it worked fine but after 2 months my phone went off and now it is not switching on.
Any idea plz help me out on this!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom