Turn Nokia N70 into Music Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddick

Mobile Freak
Okay after connecting my N70 to NSS,via data cable,i entered d product code n first i click on 'write',upto this everything is fine...But whn i click on 'read',it takes tons of time n nothing happened :mad: It shows 'Reading Values...' upto so much time! So I close NSS myself n starts NSU.But it recognise my phone as N70 not ME :eek: Plz tell me why it's happening :oops: Is it normal?

Last edited:

alanpaladka

Journeyman
What is the correct PID for N70 music edition. I tried all the Product IDs posted in this tutorial. But NSU saying "My phone software is already up to date". My original ID was 0524128.

Another thing, what is the real meaning of PID? Is it like 0524128 etc.. How nokia will come to know about change in PID?

@reddick
I'm also having same problem. Seems like nothing is happening.

Last edited:

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
My system config is 256Mb DDR...when i try to install the software updater..i get a message that Insufficient memory. Min required is 256 mb..what am i doing wrong here?

reddick

Mobile Freak
n wht abt my problem :neutral: Plz tell me any solution...I wonder my N70 becomes Music Edition ver. :rolleyes:

@gdatuk ur system consumes some memory n due to that only 240 or 230MB of RAM is shown :idea: Better gt urself extra RAM upto 128MB only n it gona works :wink:

OP
arunks

arunks

Hey here is the aks
@gdatuk

ur ram is shared by video memory...

u can check that from system properties..it will be less than 256 MB
thats why it is giving error

u can try by changing that in the bios...

make it sharable 1MB in the bios..

i m also using with same procedure

have u tried Nokia Software Updater after updating ur pid with nss

Last edited:

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
Nice job. But would really want to know if you have tried the process yourself.

And from your posts I see that the process is not your property. You downloaded it from net. I think you should mention that. And also give credit to the original poster.

alanpaladka

Journeyman
This has been posted in many forums.

EDIT: I have successfully installed N70ME firmware on my phone.

I changed my PID to 0536418 and updated the software. Now its working fine. After changing the PID and launching NSU, it says software upto date if you have V5.0638.3.0.1 already installed. You have to ignore that message and select reinstall option.
Another thing, I can easily change my PID back to the original one i.e. 0524128. So no problems.
I don't think this will void the warranty.

Last edited:
OP
arunks

arunks

Hey here is the aks
@alanpaladka

yes i was saying same that i saw in many forums where users told they were able successfully to the original pid ..
but ajayashish said he asked his some nokia friend that it is not changable to original one again

SO now all the users have live example on this thread also by alanpaladka..

good move .. actually i myself have bought n70 recently so i will give this method a try after sometime...i was just curious to search and collect knowledge abt the proceduree and related things...thats why i searched a lot on net (google specailly) :)

reddick

Mobile Freak
Oooh this is wht...So i have to reinstall d software as NSU recognize it as N70 only :eek: After updating,it will change into N70 ME :twisted: This is wht i have to know :razz: Gona try now n post d results :rolleyes:

hittheswitch

Self-Obsession
Awesome method....Seriously Impressed.....
I got the phone body today from the market......
Already got the 1 GB card.....
All i need to do now is flash ma phone.....and see wat can i do with those headphones..earphones i guess....

reddick

Mobile Freak
Yiiippeee! I have successfully updated my N70's firmware n now it got both ME themes n cool looks :twisted: Now gona try those music headphones n black body :razz: It's so simple,I wonder why ppl rush to Nokia Care for updating :lol:

OP
arunks

arunks

Hey here is the aks
@reddick

i dont know ..i have never gone to customer care for upgrading my firmware whether it was my samsung x100 or nokia n70 ..or any of my 13 mobiles till now:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom