[trick] Revealing saved password behind those ******

Status
Not open for further replies.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Ok geeks, I am no expert or a qualified guy in IT! I just discovered this maipulation when I was playing around with MS Frontpage because I had to build my website.

I realized this manipulation myself while working with a webpage. This is useful only when the password has been stored using the Wand manager or Password manager. This tutorial requires Opera browser. It may be possible even with IE and Firefox, but I have not thought over it. Probably, saving the source as a different file may work there.
  1. Open the page into which you want to fill-in your login details(user ID and password). let the page load completely.
  2. Once page loads completely, press Ctrl +F3 to view the source.
  3. Use the find function(Ctrl + F). Search for 'password'.*i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc14/RohanShenoyThane/opera_password.gif
  4. Once you reach the element for password field as shown in below illustration,change that 'password' to 'text'.*i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc14/RohanShenoyThane/opera_password2.gif
  5. Now press the 'Apply changes' button which is at left-upper-corner of the tab.The original page will reload and changes will take effect
  6. Now click that 'wand button' and Voila,see the password!*i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc14/RohanShenoyThane/opera_password4.gif

Source:myself :D
Also posted it on my blog!

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
duh!!! what kinda tutorial is this ??? whats the use ???
@charan , what good find ??? this is elementary of HTML. we have just changed the password field to text and that too just on our computer.
Am I missing something???? I seriously dont understand whats the use and what is "Good find" in it ????

PS:Ok , I just saw that you are new to it. Keep exploring.

V

vaibhavtek

ya there is nothing trick you just change the pass field to text field...

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@~Phenom~ & vaibhavtek .. This is not about just changing the "Password" filed to "Text" field. please do the same trick with IE or Firefox in less than 15 seconds,reload the page and login.

Editing and reloading the source within Opera ....that was the "Good Find" , I didnt know about this feature of applying the changes to the Source from within Opera.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@~Phenom~ arre yar.. The main point what I am speaking is that opera's inbuilt Source editor. You can just edit the source of the page you are viewing and load it immediately. This is not possible (IMO) in firefox and IE..
in IE by default you will get just a source in notepad. where as in FF you will get its inbuilt source viewer in which you cannot edit it.

I am in no way trying to offend you :)

OP
victor_rambo

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Does in work in IE and FF too? Because I thing the file has to ber served from the server and not local disk because URLs are relative and not absolute?

ray|raven

Think Zen.
There's a simpler script to do reveal passwords:

Create a bookmark and give the following as the address:
Code:
javascript:(function(){var s,F,j,f,i; s = ""; F = document.forms; for(j=0; j<F.length; ++j) { f = F[j]; for (i=0; i<f.length; ++i) { if (f[i].type.toLowerCase() == "password") s += f[i].value + "\n"; } } if (s) alert("Passwords in forms on this page:\n\n" + s); else alert("There are no passwords in forms on this page.");})();

Once the passwords are typed/auto-filled by the browser run this bookmark.
It will show all the passwords in the page.

Its Not Mine but found it somewhere , dont remember where though .
been using since a long time.

Regards,
ray

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
well this just simple html what you are saying :D:D this tutorial i think is of no use cause nobody is going to open a saved page to enter his pass and login id
man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom