Triband Shutdown Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonelychild

Broken In
Hi
4 d last 6 months i m using triband nite unlimited plan.
my problem, is there any command which can disconnect my pc at 8 in the mornin.
i was usin this command for the last 2 months in dos mode "shutdown -s -t (time in secs) -f ".
with this command, my pc use to shutdown after that specified time.
but after shutdown, d router and the monitor is on bcoz of d power supply.
and after checkin d mtnl account i find dat until i dont completely switch off the power supply to the router, im gettin charged for it.
for instance i shutdown my pc b4 8 a.m. and i forgot to switch off the supply or got up late in the mornin , say, 8:30 a.m. then im billed for dat time between 8 and 8.30 which usually comes abt 40mb for dat 1/2 hr.
so anybody can plzz help me regardin this.
or thr is no solution for it.

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
u can use rasdail command for this.more on this refer here *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14599
seach before u post dude ! !

anispace

dattebayo
also can some1 tell me how to turn of DU meter automatically at 24:00hs at turn it back on at 08:00hs.

mediator

Technomancer
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17796&page=3

SHutting like that will only shutdown ur PC not ur CPE ( router ).....u have to restart ur PC at 8 am manually.
Read ma post in the link and u'll know what i mean!

OP
L

lonelychild

Broken In
so accordin 2 u MEDIATOR thr is no alternative to switch off the router automatically.
and the rasdial didnt worked for me .
thnx 4 d reply

mediator

Technomancer
Yea .... as far as windows is concerned i have forgotten softwares and commands for batch file to automate tasks. If u wanna automate something on *nix I'll be glad to help!
But there's a correction in ma previous post....u have to restart ur ROUTER manually while the PC can STILL be ON!
If ur some electronics student u'll be knowing better to restart ROUTER automatically via some device etc!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom