Transcend T-sonic mp2 players

Status
Not open for further replies.

blademast3r

In the zone
Hey ppl...

Have any of u used the transcend t-sonic mp3 player?? pls gimme ur experiences with it...mainly music quality and durability....

and whats the street price of the 2gb and 4 gb variants...?

djmykey

Let the music play.....
I have been using Transcend T-Sonic 610 player for almost a year and a half. I have some issues with it tho. My display went of somewhere after 8 months and since that time the display comes up sometimes only by luck or something. I know the menu by heart so it doesnt matter for me. The radio reception is acceptable and the MP3 playback is awesome. If you need a cheap solution then this is the player I would suggest you to go for. Also the bundled headphones are el-cheapo so if ur a quality freak then go get some big a$$ headphones or else live with the default ones. I have a Creative EP-630 so its awesome with anything. So if u can buy the EP-630 then ur good to go.

napster007

Padawan
the transcend t-sonic 610 has a major draw back of browsing speed. Ya its damn slow while browsing for your music files

Cyclone

Darth Penguin
I picked up the 610 last summer, and I must say i'm pretty impressed with it. Excellent vfm - bought the 2GB version for 3.2k (w/o warranty). Its got great playback, a bright display, and though its not too fancy to look at compared to an ipod, it grows on you. The bundled earphones aren't bad for the average user, but if you're willing to shell out an additional 1k you can pick up the EP360 earbuds and freak out.

Napster's right, the browsing speed's a bit slow, but thats about the only problem. The radio reception's fine, I was in Delhi Station for a few hours and had a great time listening to the fm there. All in all, I'd recommend this one to anybody who's looking for a cheaper alternative to the Ipods...

Cyc

Edit: Wow, my first review! :D

Last edited:
its a blast if all you want is mp3 and wma. but I am pissed off that it can't play superior formats like ogg vorbis, musepack, aac, wmapro, etc

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
I bought one in last May-June: T 610, 2GB, priced at Rs. 2500 with bill and warranty in Thane(Variety infotech). Didn't have any issues till now.

redhat

Mad and Furious
I have ben using the T610 for over a year now.
Yuo, the browsing speeds are pretty slow, also it dosent support direct charging, needs to be connected to a computer.(I had problems when travelling, since d batt got over.)

Cyclone

Darth Penguin
I have ben using the T610 for over a year now.
Yuo, the browsing speeds are pretty slow, also it dosent support direct charging, needs to be connected to a computer.(I had problems when travelling, since d batt got over.)

Yes it does- last sem-break I picked up a charger for it, just Rs.100, and it works like a charm. Head down to your local tech-store, and lose the portability headache ;-)

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Don't buy the T.sonic 610. Instead of buying that soap cake looking thing, get the T.sonic 630 instead. Its got play-list support as well.

5 months ago, I got a 4 GB T.sonic 630 for Rs. 3100/-. Must be cheaper now.

You can look for the T.sonic 650 as well, newest Transcend in the market.

My review of T.sonic 630, and a preview of what the 650 looks like.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
How bout these
1) Transcend T.Sonic 820
*images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/82785_t820_1.jpg

2) Transcend T.Sonic 840
*images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/84336_p1000516.JPG

Cllick on Images for reviews.

I got T.Sonic 820 4GB version for 4k. It plays audio, video, displays images and ebooks.

OP
blademast3r

blademast3r

In the zone
@querty

Thanks for the t.sonic 630 review.... Will surely consider buying that... Anyone knows ne good place in bangalore where u can get it??

redhat

Mad and Furious
Yes it does- last sem-break I picked up a charger for it, just Rs.100, and it works like a charm. Head down to your local tech-store, and lose the portability headache ;-)

I bought it when I bought my player itself. Was out of station, when I dunno what happened, maybe voltage fluctuation, that d firmware got damaged. Good my dealer didnt understand that, and gave me a brand new piece instead!!

balavinayak

Right off the assembly line
hey, can i use an ac power adapter for charging T SONIC 650 .. the manual doesnt say anything about it.. only an usb charger provided. thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom