track IP address

Status
Not open for further replies.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
//siddhartha// said:
Can't we fool people by creating fake ips by manipulating our PC?

dude, do you even know what your talking about ? Do you how complicated a process Ip spoofing is ? And even then its not completely safe either. If you know how yes our real IP can be found no matter what.

digen

Youngling
Dude imcool, they guy isnt asking about anonymous proxy server methodology,actually that isnt called IP spoofing in the first place.

Well firstly IP Spoofing is a cumbersome process & above that it isnt 100% perfect that it will work,Here is a good read related to IP spoofing: *www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1674

it_waaznt_me said:
Hmm.. Login to your Yahoo Mail ..
Click on Mail Options ..
Click on General Preferance ..
Under the Messeges header, Select Show all headers on incoming messages ..
Click on Save changes ..

Now whenever your friend email you , you'll get headers like
Code:
X-Originating-IP: [163.125.156.245]

Thats the IP from the mail was sent .. :p

Hey... can u do the same for hotmail?????? if yes.. how??

Deep

Version 2.0
in hotmail...

options - mail display settings - select display full headers

check mai...

u will see somehting like this...

MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Originating-IP: [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]
X-Originating-Email: [xxxx@hotmail.com]
X-Sender: xxxxx@hotmail.com
Received: from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx by by18fd.bay18.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP;Wed, 11 May 2005 15:15:04 GMT

X-Originating-IP: [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] is th ip of sender...

Deep

vijaythefool

In the zone
But Deep how to find out the exact location of the computer , to the max these sites show the country and the state if provided or if a reputed server

is this possible ?

Deep

Version 2.0
exact location is not possible you can just find city max...not more than that...

Deep

Deep

Version 2.0
vijaythefool said:
I wonder how enonymous mailers work ? DEEP can u Explain this ?

they use mail servers which allow open relays authenticated relays...

Deep

anomit

In the zone
Man, just go to www.antionline.com and try out their IP locator. Its ridiculous. :D I was located at...guess what AUSTRALIA

By the way, one can try out the EMail Tracker Pro and VisualIP tracker Pro

chanduthebest

Broken In
help me.
1.i dont know much about IP but can any one tell me how IP address is useful in locating a person's computer?
What does this IP address denote?
where is this IP address located in my computer?

2.how can any one send email to someone by hiding his own address? i.e. eg. consider a person xxx@yahoo.com ,how to send email to him from my yahoo mail but he should not know where the email came from..
Is this possible?

digen

Youngling
Well to say the least an Ip address is like your home address on the internet,its your identity on the internet !
The IP is obtainable through various means,you get a IP when you connect using dial-up internet,when using broadband.Modems,routers... will obtain a IP address,in the latter case its the router that gets the public IP & not your computer actually.
You can find out your public IP by going to www.whatismyip.com

About spoofing email is concerned,search for in the forums for "mail headers".There is a interesting thread out there.

digen

Youngling
And may I ask why you want to hide it?
Its this simple everywhere you go website,chat conversation,file download your IP will be stamped there in the destination server's log files.So the bottmline is where ever you go you'll be stamping your footmarks[IP address] & unless you have a very valid reason to hide the IP address I dont see why you need to hide it in the first place?
My point being if you got nothing to show then why fear & hide?Do you publish any public services like http or ftp servers?
Anyways anonymous proxy are what mostly use,but as I've said before & still push it ,it has more downfalls to it & can be a dangerous solution to deploy & use.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
And may I ask why you want to hide it?
Its this simple everywhere you go website,chat conversation,file download your IP will be stamped there in the destination server's log files.So the bottmline is where ever you go you'll be stamping your footmarks[IP address] & unless you have a very valid reason to hide the IP address I dont see why you need to hide it in the first place?
My point being if you got nothing to show then why fear & hide?Do you publish any public services like http or ftp servers?
Anyways anonymous proxy are what mostly use,but as I've said before & still push it ,it has more downfalls to it & can be a dangerous solution to deploy & use.

why not.... i just dont want to be...; what can say... i just dont want to leave a trace.... for what.... may be its a personal reason or may be just to learn....

anomit

In the zone
Well I have an idea. Some one like digen should approve of this first.

1.Get hold of a proxy software like WinProxy or free ones from the Digit DVD.

2.Now get a list of public proxies by visiting sites like www.stayinvisible.com or by googling 'Public Proxies'.

3.Using the software make a rule on port 8080(I think this is the default one) for a HTTP proxy. There you supply the public proxy address you just found out.

4.Now let us assume that your computer name is HOME. So in your browser's proxy settings for HTTP you supply the address as HOME and port 8080.

Do the same for the other protocols.

To find out computer name: [Start]+[Pause] => "Computer Name" Tab

5.Now start the proxy software as a service.

I think this should do. Waiting for digen........

P.S. Firewall should not be running or it wil block your connection attempts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom