track IP address

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
all rite.

got it

when u'll click on show original present in more options in every mail.

a new windo 'll open there da IP is given

godsownman

Padawan
I have been trying it for quite some time but ALAS !

I will appreciate it if anybody can post a highlighted screenshot of the part where the IP address is displayed in Gmail.

Sorry for the trouble.

godsownman

Padawan
it_waaznt_me said:
*img50.imageshack.us/img50/3662/gmail2hw.jpg

Thanks for taking the trouble ,

I was aware of this . What I wanted to know was how to find the ip address inside thatshow original

Thanks

godsownman

Padawan
Sorry for the trouble please do not post the picture as I figured it out.

Actually I was just seeing all Gmail to Gmail mails only.

But today I found it when I recd a mail from somebody having a hotmail account.

digen

Youngling
If I'm not wrong then that has already been answered earlier in this thread itself.
Anyways its the "X-Originating" which you are looking for.

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
Suppose.

Sum1 sends me a spam.

I got da IP from which he sended it.

Now since its illegal.

Is there any place or e-mail ID 2 report it.

Is it possible 2 send him jail since he had dun illegal job.

techiways

Broken In
I'm afraid that wouldnt be such a easy job.

First of all any spammer will be cautious when sending mass mails. He would probably be using proxies or multi chain systems to hide his real ip.

Many spammers now outsource their works to third world countries where there is no law that makes SPAMMING illegal.

Moreover prosecuting a spammer requires extreme resources and is offcourse expensive. Only corporations and large enterprises can follow such hurdles.

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
techiways said:
I'm afraid that wouldnt be such a easy job.

First of all any spammer will be cautious when sending mass mails. He would probably be using proxies or multi chain systems to hide his real ip.

Many spammers now outsource their works to third world countries where there is no law that makes SPAMMING illegal.

Moreover prosecuting a spammer requires extreme resources and is offcourse expensive. Only corporations and large enterprises can follow such hurdles.

First, They dont really worry when not spamming on big site or on an big org. Coz they know no-1 'll run afer 'em.

Second, yeah i've seen it. i got a sapm from USA. i think just as UN is established , a worldwide Internet Security Organisation shall also b enjoyed.

Third, man there shud b an organisation which prosecute 'em. And if their illegal job is proved then he shud b ordered 2 pay da prosecution cost which was wasted to catch him n prove his illegal job.
Wat abt contacting Indian Cyber Crime Police Service.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

If we'll not start doing sumthing against 'em. they 'll surely increz day by day n 'll cause problem 2 us only in da future. As there size will get bigger mor worries of being spied or hacked.

try 2 understand it. atleast v shud do sumthing which does not involves expenditure of money.

Also, there shud b a place to report spam.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
You can try one thing. If u have his IP, do a IP whois at dnsstuff.com and get that ISP's network admin email ID. Send him proof (time, email source message, etc) of such activities from one of his network. If the ID is not a dud, then he might try and give warning to that user, and if this is not the first time, the felllow might be banned too.
But as noted in the previous posts, the IP may well be coming from a zombie machine, spoofed or whatever and he could wiggle out of it.

Or, if all you can find is the domain from where the email came from, then you can find the IP and do the same, or look it up in one of the so called "spam databases" and if possible, list him there.

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
siriusb said:
You can try one thing. If u have his IP, do a IP whois at dnsstuff.com and get that ISP's network admin email ID. Send him proof (time, email source message, etc) of such activities from one of his network. If the ID is not a dud, then he might try and give warning to that user, and if this is not the first time, the felllow might be banned too.
But as noted in the previous posts, the IP may well be coming from a zombie machine, spoofed or whatever and he could wiggle out of it.

Or, if all you can find is the domain from where the email came from, then you can find the IP and do the same, or look it up in one of the so called "spam databases" and if possible, list him there.

I already did a whois search dats how i got IP.

I cant understand wat else u said. plz b clear.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
For knowing your IP address with geographical information, Check out this site : [b]*www.ip-adress.com/[/b]
This site tells your IP address, latitude, longitude, city , ISP, country, state!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom