Discussion: TP-Link's After Sales Service

nginx

In the zone
Does anybody here have any experience with After Sales Service of TP-Link regarding warranty claims? Information regarding their A.S.S. in pretty scant on the Internet, so hoping to get a discussion started here.

I need to RMA my Gigabit Switch which is only about 2 or 3 months old. Surprisingly TP-Link's India site has no place to register an RMA. Infact there's no mention of RMA and warranty coverage anywhere. The only option is to call their customer care number but so far I have had no luck with that. Nobody ever answers the call.

As a last resort I sent them an email and got a reply telling me to get replacement from seller or send the unit to their Mumbai address. But they have given me no RMA registration number or Case ID. What kind of joke is this? Surely there must be some sort of official procedure that maintains an online record of RMA cases for both the customer's and their's sake? Of course I didn't send them the Gigabit Switch because if they don't send a replacement, there is nothing I can do and nothing I can show as proof.

What do you guys think? Is it a safe bet to send the product to them like this?

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
PM Tenida ( he has a TP Link router/modem ) .. link below :
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/members/52310.html

OP
nginx

nginx

In the zone
PM'd him. Btw I got a follow up email from TP-Link:

========================================================================================
Dear Sir,

We don’t have any procedure to register the RMA number.
Every customer sent us their faulty device to us, then we can replace them accordingly with new one after testing.
========================================================================================

I don't know what to make of this. Never heard of any company doing business like this. On what assurance will I send the device? There is no guarantee they will ever send a replacement. Without any RMA number, my hands will be completely tied then.

Last edited:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
When I bought the TP-LINK TD W8961ND from M.D Computers, Kolkata palash da said TP-Link provides better warranty than D-Link and as per I can remember my modem was imported by Aditya Infotech. Btw Why don't you call M.D computers about the TP-Link service center in Kolkata.
I saw this in modem box

*i.imgur.com/8Hqtjm5.jpg

OP
nginx

nginx

In the zone
I don't know if they even have a service center in Kolkata. I'll call MD tomorrow and find out then.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I saw TP-Link products were selling on MD back on 2010 and the only reason I've not opted for this ( despite their 3 years warranty and some advertisement on some mags of UK ) is becausewhen I asked about service center they told to brought the product to them and going by my experience not many sellers keep their such sweet promise later and simply just wash off their hand ( except a few of-course ).

Now it's time to see how good Tp-Links RMA policy is.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
well i never faced any issues with my tp-link modem so don't know about after sales support but from whatever i read here & online shopping sites it seems to be good.there are 2 official resellers of tp-link in kolkata so try talking with them on mobile to see if they can help.
Regional Distributors - Welcome to TP-LINK

OP
nginx

nginx

In the zone
Guys thanks for chipping in but unfortunately I am having to abandon my RMA plans for now. I got my job posting out of the blue and will have to move to Chennai soon. I am hurriedly making arrangements for that at the moment.

Top Bottom