Tough Call : Nokia N82 or Se G900

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
True, Keypad is an integral part of using a phone.
Obviously, but dont worry u wont have 2 use a pen/pencil 2 press the keypads :D

If Nokia can change the keypad of N82 I will buy it today only (on credit card :D)
even if u buy 100 N82 nokia wont change it...even if they do they will have 2 reduce the screen size to 2" or so or change it 2 clamshell model

It looks better then N82 to my eyes :D
True. But when compared with features looks doesn't matter, other integral parts
r also very -very important :smile:

Btw have u handled N82 physically :D

I would like to ask, what features does Nokia N82 has better then G900?
NGage,3.5mm jack,cheap microSD as compared 2 m2 cards of SE:eek:
Graphics Accelerator,128MB RAM,High Grapics Games such as FIFA 2008

Well one Blasting feature u want 2 see then check this site
*symbianworld.wordpress.com/2008/06/30/n82-black-vs-sony-ericsson-g900-vs-e66-w/

Last edited:

nishantv2003

We Both Have a Mouse!!!
hey gx,
take a look at asus P320 also,
it has......
240 x 320 pixels, 2.6 inches touch screen,

128MB ROM and 64MB RAM
TI OMAP 850 (201MHz) processor,

Wi-Fi 802.11b/g, edge, gprs,

Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional,

Built-in GPS

Windows Media Player

Pocket Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, PDF viewer)....

only drawback is its camera -2 MP, 1600x1200 pixels, but it is autofocus...

but it is priced @12990 only... worth a try...

*www.gsmarena.com/asus_p320-2347.php

*www.mobile88.com.my/mobilegallery/preview.asp?phone=Asus_P320&prodid=20993&cat=41&path=40,1

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
After using the G700 I can tell that G900 UI will also be slower. Whereas N82 is a very fast phone. As far as features are concerned, N82 has a better camera, better video recording, xenon flash, 3.5mm jack, faster processor, graphics accelerator, stereo speakers, GPS, motion sensor, EDGE,3G and HSDPA, and it also supports N-Gage games. Moreover it is cheaper than G900 (19k vs 21k). G900 only has touchscreen. You'll only have to get used to the keypad. If you can achieve that then you'll have a better phone in your hand. (Btw I have also answered some of your questions in my G700 review thread).

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
aah, well please dont assess the speed of the g700 with the g900. According to esato, the latest firmware for the g900 makes it much faster.Java applications are better handled by the g900. There many hacks for UIQ, you can break into the core system and DO ANYTHING. ranging from increasing the brightness to increasing speaker volume. Flash themes,etc etc.the G900's cam is good enough and at par with the n82 in daylight. The touchscreen has more uses than you can think of. The UI is brilliant and with a few more updates, the G900 will be run like raging bull .:D

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
True. But when compared with features looks doesn't matter, other integral parts r also very -very important

Most of the features I need are being fullfilled by G900 too that's why I gave N82 a second thought.

Btw have u handled N82 physically :D

Yup, didn't like the keypad that's Y thought about G900.

NGage,3.5mm jack,cheap microSD as compared 2 m2 cards of SE:eek:
Graphics Accelerator,128MB RAM,High Grapics Games such as FIFA 2008

Hmm....ok

1) NGage is for gaming, I don't play games on my mobile anyway.

2) I have already talked about the 3.5mm jack in the G700 review thread. If I use some headphone like EP-630 with Nokia N82 then I will loose the handsfree functionality as the mic will not be there in EP-630. On the other hand if I buy G900 then I can connect EP-630 to the Fast port to 3.5mm audio jack & still use it as a Mic.

3) I don't need that much memory space. I will buy a 2 GB card once & be done with it. A Rs 200 difference won't matter much.

4) G900 also has 3D Graphics accelerator with OpenGL ES Support. Like I said, it won't matter as I do not play games on my phone.

5) G900 also has 128 MB RAM.

6) Again, no gaming.

Well one Blasting feature u want 2 see then check this site
*symbianworld.wordpress.com/20...g900-vs-e66-w/

It's the camera right, won't matter much. I can trade it off in favor of touchscreen & keypad.

Anything else???? Both are symbian so application library is also quite big.

@ nishantv2003

If U know Microsoft as much as I do, u would not be suggesting it. Windows Mobile 7 is coming in Q1 2009 due to it is not adviced to buy a Windows Mobile 6.1 based phone right now, not even xperia X1 cos it won't be upgradable to Windows Mobile 7

@ krazzy

Ok, I will try getting used to the keypad. It is tough to type SMS on it with my speed though as of K750i & then the SE Looks factor is also there.

Last edited:

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
and for G900: has it hitted the indian stores ???
Well dude, G900 and C902, both are available here in Gurgaon....I had seen their boxes while I was passing by a Mobile store in a mall just day before yesterday....

G900 should be around 20.5K....

One great feature about G900 is that it has Touch Focus........Just touch the screen and camera will automatically focus at the object. This works like a charm.

N82 is ~18.5K and if you can really cope up with the awkward keypad, then its okay...otherwise G900 is good....

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
2) I have already talked about the 3.5mm jack in the G700 review thread. If I use some headphone like EP-630 with Nokia N82 then I will loose the handsfree functionality as the mic will not be there in EP-630. On the other hand if I buy G900 then I can connect EP-630 to the Fast port to 3.5mm audio jack & still use it as a Mic.

dude the one nokia provides with the phone is with mic so use that

and when at night you feel like listening to music plug the EP630 and listen

when a call comes remove it and answer the call.........

and now when every N82 feature look like crap to you

buy what is in your mind

why ask us

you are asking like what good has N82 over G900

and everyone is telling you say i am not going to use that it is crap for me and all that

so buy G900

Last edited:
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
feature wise N82 is better but I don't require many of them, so I M trading in favor of the keypad & better looks.

Ok any more feature, I might end up buying N82 only if the last diciding factor is EDGE

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
dude 1 more is

it is SYMBIAN S60 V3 (it has got never ending list of apps)

and G900 si SYMBIAN UIQ( it has got basic apz like mac)

Power UP

In the zone
Saurav N82 is a much better deal.

Even i was worried about keypad , but after a week i got easily accustomed to it.
The spacing between the keypad helps a lot , i hardly make any mistakes even without looking at the keypad :D

As far as looks check out the black version , it is quite a beauty ;)

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
yup N82 is better.

coming from a N95 8GB had probs with the keypad initially.but i hav eventually adjusted to the keypad.

the new Nokia Maps 2.0 has pretty detailed maps of Delhi.even i plan to use it to navigate in Delhi when i shift on the 22nd.though u need GPRS/EDGE.if ur not satisfied u can always use Google Maps.

N82 being a S60v3 OS 9.2 fone the apps list is just un eding whereas the G900 being a UIQ 3.0 doesnt hav that many apps as compared to s60v3.

if u can just try out the N82.i think u'll like it.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I only use two 3rd party apps in my phone, Opera Mini & Morange, G900 has Opera mobile & Morange/IM+ is available for UIQ.

I will try to get used to the new keypad, a friend in office has it.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
i think most of ur questions about n82 have been answered ..

the keypad is not a issue at all .. infact, after using it u will find it very comfortable .. I have big fingers btw ..

black n82 looks sexy.. u said u wont need tv out .. dude, that is great when watching those excellent vga videos recorded with phone cam ..

that excellent 5mp cam with awesome xenon flash ( best in any phone till date ) is a single most reason to go for n82 ..

once u start using symbian os .. u will start using many more apps ..

interesting read abt uiq ..
*www.symbian-freak.com/news/008/07/BeiBei_UIQ_33_menu_walkthrough.htm

good luck for ur purchase ..

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^Well, UIQ is not ebing cancelled.there wont be any more UIQ devices "in devolopment", doesnt mean UIQ is dead.2 more UIQ devices to be announced next month. Watch out for the announcements.

Tamoghno

Padawan
Hey dream why you always talk about the future only ? Like

3g will be available within one
month so edge is crap.(even if its available , it'll take many months to deploy , so atleast for now edge still rules. By the way , practically edge gives around 200kpbs compared to 105+kpbs of edge.and 35kpbs of gprs.So edge is not that bad.)

Updates will come to uiq to make it faster (n95 got demand paging , flash lite 3 , faster interface with firmware updates , n82 is new n95 so expect some big updates for n82 also. N81already got flash lite 3 and FP 2 Styled eye candy so n82 will also get that pretty soon.)

Two more uiq device will be announced( no comments here :) )

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^yea..i do that coz N95 was not perfect when it came out either. N95 original was a disaster. They came up with the 8 gb version and where they cleaned through all the faults and gave it a better battery. So, dotn expect a phone to crop out of nowwhere and start delivering out of nowwhere.

N81 is a flop. it has been accepted everywhere as one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom