Touchscreen mobile under 14k....??

OP
angie

angie

At last the devil is here
Actuall i checked about nokia c6-01. First of all it is only 5mp cam (check any video review), it is very thick and then a resistive touchscreen and also symbian. I can't buy this just because it is labelled nokia.
And samsung wave is hihly out of my budget.

okay actually thats nokia c6. The c6-01 is yet to be released and i will wait fot as of now. Any guess about its price?

Last edited:

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Actuall i checked about nokia c6-01. First of all it is only 5mp cam (check any video review), it is very thick and then a resistive touchscreen and also symbian. I can't buy this just because it is labelled nokia.
And samsung wave is hihly out of my budget.

okay actually thats nokia c6. The c6-01 is yet to be released and i will wait fot as of now. Any guess about its price?

That's the C6-00 u r talking about. it's priced at somewhere around 13000-14000. I bought it for 13500 about 15 days back. It's awesome. Nokia has done a great job, and it should shut up all those who think that the days of symbian and nokia are over. It has a nice hardware qwerty keypad, good screen, crisp picture quality from 5mp camera, good video recording quality at 30 fps (enough to satisfy most of us), and its response has been fine tuned such that it becomes something above traditional resistive touchscreens. in short, the response of the touchscreen is good enough to be termed as "Resistive". GPS, WiFi, etc, are good feature set within a range of 13000, and yes, STUNNING LOOKS with SOLID FEEL.
FYI, the C6-01 is expected to be launched somewhere in the mid december or starting january, 2011, and is expected to be priced at Rs. 16000. with 8mp cam, 720p video recording at 30fps, GPS, WiFi, USB On-The-Go, Nokia Clear Black Display, etc to name a few.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ for those that doesn't mind sticking to Symbian S60v5 (interface not well optimized for touchscreen) & having a slightly bulky mobile below 15k, its a good buy. the H/W keyboard is a major +ve point. it could have been a best seller had it Symbian 3 & not the old platform.

OP
angie

angie

At last the devil is here
C6-01 is delayed till Early jan.
So how is symbian 3 compared to android?

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
If android is 9/10
then s^3 is 6.5/10

Android is dominating Symbian S^3 and other plateforms(except Symbian S^1)...

Its-
Nokia(S^3) vs HTC, Samsung, Lg, Motorola, T Mobile etc(android) :-D

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
If android is 9/10
then s^3 is 6.5/10

Android is dominating Symbian S^3 and other plateforms(except Symbian S^1)...

Its-
Nokia(S^3) vs HTC, Samsung, Lg, Motorola, T Mobile etc(android) :-D

don't be so rude with Symbian S^3. at least it deserves that 0.5 extra :grin:

but the bad point about Android is that mobile manufacturers mess up everything. firstly they add their own themes or customization & release just 1 or 2 updates & its over. so i doubt O1 will reach Android 3 (if ver2.3 min requirements matches O1's specs). even if it does, Honeycomb will surely be O1's last update cause LG will roll out new mobiles.

at least the Nokia's fate looks better. the devices should get update till Symbian survives.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Ok S^3 - 7/10 :-D

BTW i heard that gingerbread wud be for high end android phones and froyo is for mid-low end phones.
This two OSs will remain in existence and will update and devlope side by side.

Hope this is true :-|

noobdroid

Broken In
Hey everyone,

If you are owner of Optimus one please leave your comments here:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobile-monsters/134641-lg-optimus-user-reviews.html

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Ok S^3 - 7/10 :-D

BTW i heard that gingerbread wud be for high end android phones and froyo is for mid-low end phones.
This two OSs will remain in existence and will update and devlope side by side.

Hope this is true :-|

really can't say anything. in a blog i read that gingerbread may support the midrange sets also i.e. the 12-15k mobiles that don't use 1Ghz processors. for now i'll keep my mouth shut & wait for Google to out v2.3.

Aditya11

Journeyman
^As good as it may sound, I don't think Gingerbread will come on mid-range droids...and even if it does, the performance will likely be not that smooth. Ideally, I should be able to purchase a brand new phone with Gingerbread post June 2011! :)

Top Bottom