Toshiba L850 or any laptop under 55k

karanthakkar

Broken In
Hey Guyz,

I am currently looking to replace my desktop and get a laptop which i can use at work and home for mainly listening to music, browsing, mails, and movies. I will be using it to play games ocassionally (CS, FIFA, NFS, etc..)

I have a budget of about 55k +/- 10 K depending on the laptop ... Also the laptop should look a little decent...

Was looking at the Toshiba L850 or u840... Are they good or can any1 suggest alternatives any brand is oka as long as it has a good audio as i will be connecting it to my TV to watch movies and listening to music when at home ... Was looking at the Asus with the Bang & Olufsen but they are pretty expensive and have the second gen processors :( ...

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
All the mainstream laptops carry almost same grade on board audio. MacBook leads the list. My suggestion: Buy CB45 @ 53k and spend the rest amount on a decent DAC such as Audinst.

And I guess the Asus model you are talking is N55S(X) series.

aroraanant

Explorer
I won't suggest you to get Toshiba, it was good sometime back but not anymore.
Apart from that I suggest you to wait for sometime and let other/all brands come up with IVB processor laptops.
Or get the dell inspiron with IVB processors.
And if you can compromise on the latest IVB processors then surely Sony CB45 is a very good option.

OP
K

karanthakkar

Broken In
I really wouldnt mind waiting for a week or 2 ... i did check the Sony but i really never liked sony laptops... have seen many suggesting the CB45 on this forum... so will def give it a try thanks guyz but suggestions and alternatives are welcome :) ...

thanks a lot both of you ...

RON28

Cyborg Agent
@OP if you wants looks in your laptop, then you can't ignore SONY and MACBOOK ;)
i think sony cb45 will suit your needs and if you want a more powerful graphic card with a sexy look here it is ;)

Sony Vaio SVE14A15FNB,Corei5, 4 GB, 640GB, 1GB Graphics, Windows 7 Home Premium | eBay

Product Details & Speacification

Laptop Model Sony Vaio SVE14A15FNB
Processor Discription Intel Core i5-2450M Processor 2.50 GHz
Cache Memory 4 MB (L3 Cache)
System Memory (RAM) 4 GB (4 GB (SO-DIMM) x 1) DDR3 SDRAM*2 (upgradeable up to 16 GB*3)
Flash Memory 640 GB HDD
Optical Drive DVD SuperMulti Drive
Display Features 14 (35.56 cms) wide (WXGA++: 1600 x 900) TFT colour display (VAIO Display, LED backlight)
Video Graphics 1 GB DDR3 AMD Radeon™ HD 7670M
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
Warranty Period (Year) 1 Year manufacturer Warranty
Bluetooth Yes
Wireless Network Yes
Web Cam Yes
Speakers Internal, Stereo speakers
Digital Media Card Reader SD memory card
Colour As Per Available Stock
Battery Lithium-ion battery
Weight 2.30 kg (including the supplied battery)

best thing what i liked about this laptop is its looks :hyper:

*img692.imageshack.us/img692/7816/204042.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

*img233.imageshack.us/img233/4366/204047.jpg

*img820.imageshack.us/img820/3689/204067.jpg

*img12.imageshack.us/img12/9527/204052.jpg

Sony Vaio SVE14A16FNH ,Corei7, 4 GB, 750GB, 1GB Graphics, Windows 7 Home Premium | eBay this one is same but with 2nd gen i7 :)

OP
K

karanthakkar

Broken In
@OP if you wants looks in your laptop, then you can't ignore SONY and MACBOOK ;)
i think sony cb45 will suit your needs and if you want a more powerful graphic card with a sexy look here it is ;)

Sony Vaio SVE14A15FNB,Corei5, 4 GB, 640GB, 1GB Graphics, Windows 7 Home Premium | eBay

Thanks a lot dude loved the suggestion shall keep it in mind ... can i have suggestions on the acer timeline ultra M3 as well :) ... thankss again ...

RON28

Cyborg Agent
acer timeline is my personally favorite laptop, specially its chiclet keyboard(isolated keys), it has a great battery backup of 5 hours with GT 640M, but don't know how much it cost and is it available in india?

so can't comment on it, but yes it is the most beautiful laptop released by Acer recently :)

har

In the zone
Oh Niceeee looks !!

BTW is Dell a reliable company ? I ask this because Dell is asking a hell lot more(5-6k) for the extended warranty while sony charges only 2.5k.

And the Acer looks awesome !! But its a Acer :(

OP
K

karanthakkar

Broken In
hey guyz,

have heard that the IVbridge processors are heating up so u think its a good idea to settle for dell inspiron 15se ?? and also wanted to know is it really worth going for a SSD in the laptop ??

I think im now to shortlist between the Sony E Series (which has good looks but a second gen processor and no SSD) or Acer Timeline Ultra M3 (which has a second gen processor with SSD) or Dell INspiron SE (third gen processor but no SSD) ..????

aroraanant

Explorer
That was the first lot of IVB processors which was on testing and that never came out in market infact.
The one which are coming right now don't have such issues.
And yes having a SSD obviously increase the performance of laptop.
About which model of Acer are you talking about, can you give a link please.
And its not worth to get the Sony E series with older processors, today only Sony launched a new series of laptops.

OP
K

karanthakkar

Broken In
That was the first lot of IVB processors which was on testing and that never came out in market infact.
And its not worth to get the Sony E series with older processors, today only Sony launched a new series of laptops.

Hi aroraanant, the link to the laptop is Acer Aspire Timeline Ultra M3 Ultrabook Price in India, 15-inch Laptop

or the thinkdigit site link Hands on with Acer's Kepler-powered Ultrabook Ultrabook | Ultrabooks | ThinkDigit Features

need some views asap .. thanks :)..

OP
K

karanthakkar

Broken In

hey aroraanant ... its the acer timeline ultra m3 you can find it on the acer official site and also on the thinkdigit search... also wanted to check if any1 out here is using Acer aspire S3 ????

Top Bottom