Top smartphone options from Nokia

GERMZ

Banned
Hi , I need to get a smartphone for someone and it has to be ONLY a Nokia device. Need to get one ASAP , so could someone help me out with the top options from Nokia ?

I know that the latest on offer by Nokia is their new Nokia 701. It’s a power-packed phone which is bound get those Nokia fanatics excited. It comes preloaded with the all new Symbian Belle OS, a 1 GHz processor and a 3D graphics hardware accelerator which will change the way you’ve played games. It’s got a nice 3.5 inch TFT screen, which is the brightest display ever on any Nokia phone, to give you that amazing visual experience you’ve always looked for on a phone.

The Nokia N8, which was released a while back, is for those hardcore photographers out there. It comes with a 12 MP camera, a Carl Zeiss lens and a Xenon flash. The HD video recording on this phone will keep you hooked on to making videos wherever you go. It has the Symbian^3 OS, which is upgradable to Symbian Anna OS, which in turn is upgradable to the Symbian Belle OS.

The Nokia C6-01, C7 and the E6 are three other phones on offer, which are somewhat similar in nature, with slight differences. The E6 comes with a preloaded Symbian Anna OS which is directly upgradable to the Symbian Belle OS. The others can, as has been mentioned, still be ungraded to a Symbian Belle OS. Though one way in which the Nokia C6-01 lags, is the fact that it has a slightly low internal memory with 340 MB, but it is upgradable to 32 GB through microSD cards.

Would like some opinions as i can't make up my mind.

socrates

In the zone
For a good camera N8
For a QWERTY keypad E6
E701 is the latest as you said but has a fixed focus camera, has a good CPU & memory but still very new so its too early to comment on it yet. I have a friend who has bought it. I have requested him to post a review here after his exams which are currently going on.
C7. I heard is not available everywhere as its discontinued but otherwise excellent.
C6-01 is similar to C7 but for reduced RAM, smaller battery (heard battery life is not good) this has held me back frm going in for it. :( & its got a 8MP camera as against 12 MP in the C7.

Personally I have short listed for myself Neo V, Nokia 701 oe E6.

socrates

In the zone
Oops forgot to mention that Nokia 603 has also appeared on the nokia India site & expected to come in dec 11 -Jan 12 but it does not a flash :( Also there si a Asha series coming out this Dec but it runs on Series 40 OS, though supposedly improved.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Also there si a Asha series coming out this Dec but it runs on Series 40 OS, though supposedly improved.

improved? yes, but most likely some UI changes or some preinstalled apps. multitasking is not possible, *.sis apps can't be installed (java only).

Top Bottom