Top 40 GIMP Plugins for 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
GIMP is the undisputed king of image editing in Linux platforms, and is next only to Photoshop in popularity in Windows and Mac platforms. With a large community of developers and an even larger pool of users, it is no surprise that GIMP is very popular.
Much like Firefox, GIMP’s strength lies in its plugins, which are developed by the open-source toting community. Since the users themselves develop them, they know all the needs and conceive a plugin for everything (well, except making a coffee for you *www.techzilo.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif ).
And what better way for me to endorse GIMP than a list of good plugins? Most of them are aimed at web-designers and photographers, the main users of GIMP. There are also some to fix common problems of GIMP.

GO to ARticlE

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Nice article there, thanks for posting, i dugg that too:cool:
Is there any plugin by which GIMP can be transformed from multi window app to a single integrated application, managing so many windows is difficult

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
gary4gar said:
Is there any plugin by which GIMP can be transformed from multi window app to a single integrated application, managing so many windows is difficult
Deweirdifyer, but its Windows exclusive. Its mentioned there as well. Linux port of it went out of active development, author quit I suppose.

There's the other Photoshop emulating GIMPshop, but I haven't tried it out. Think it has the one-window feature.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Nice post there. ThanQ :)

QwertyManiac said:
There's the other Photoshop emulating GIMPshop, but I haven't tried it out. Think it has the one-window feature.
No it doesn't. GIMPShop only changes/rearranges/renames the menus and menu items to make it apprear like Photoshop. Thats about it.

gary4gar said:
just do all gimp work in an exclusive gimp wokspace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom