Tomb Raider Series Reboot

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Cut scene after 8 seconds of gameplay. #moderngamedesignfail :|
This might sound harsh, but to be honest, this video makes the game look like a cheap clone of Uncharted.

No mate i don't think so. The cutscene and ingame render are completely synchronized in TR. Everything feels so freaking dynamic and i'm saying this after watching almost 60 mins of tech demo.
Okay Nathan drake's character design was great with excellent body movement but i feel lara is more better. The jumps, climbing and other physical movements are top notch in TR.

Here's what naughtydog's creative director had to say about tombraider:

Cheat Code Central: Video Game News.

Even they are impressed. I had played two levels of uncharted among thieves in 1080p(back in 2010) and i say this one matches its gameplay and in terms
of character emotions display, lara surpasses nathan drake. The character feels more alive to be honest. Crystal dynamics has heavily modified their own engine and its showing.

Talk about graphics, drakes deception seems to have an edge but TR is rendered beautifully and i never excepted them to deliver something like this.
To me, it looks a tad better than among thieves. The vistas, backdrops and scaling all match or even surpass uncharted.

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
I don't care much about comparisons unless they are all PC based but one thing that is sure that This is gonna be one hell of a game. I just hope its well optimized and bug free on day one.

gameranand

Living to Play
Survival is what this game is all about. In previous games we were not surviving, we were getting missions and completing them but now game makes more sense to me actually. I like the bad ass Lara also but this Lara looks very cute. :p

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Preordered the game from flipkart. Available for 999 bucks. :)

*i.imgur.com/q5qD7.jpg
:grin:

Last edited:

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
waiting for flipkart to give a poster just like they give with AC3 . I would love to stick lara poster in my wall ....

gameranand

Living to Play
No its not a open world game, though from what developers says, this is not a very linear game also but I would take that with a pinch of salt. :)

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking
Fellas Fellas Fellas, here is the explanation why she screams a lot from Rhianna Pratchett
Rewriting Tomb Raider
I personally agree with the statements given by Rhianna.

All these years, playing Tomb Raider 2, 3, 4, 5 (Chronicles), Angel of Darkness, Legend, etc. I never found out how Lara can be that insensitive to human life. She's knocking around and killing people even in cutscenes, sometimes too mercilessly I would say. She would let people fall off cliffs, throw them in lava, shoot them, etc, etc. From the story point of view, It would be nice to know how it progressed.

As far as gameplay is concerned, I don't care much and I've got to purchase it anyways. I was a big fan of TR during the teenage days and still am.

But as far as the gaming industry is concerned, its obvious that developers love cashing in on existing big names, till the end and beyond.
Look at Prince of Persia, it should've ended with "The Two Thrones", but no, they went ahead and created "The Forgotten Sands" and placed the story in the middle of TTT and The Warrior Within I think...
Same with Tomb Raider, they're giving us the same time machine experience. Why? Because TR is a big trademark now! :)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Forgotten sands was like the worst PoP ever. It was not canonical but was loosely based on the movie in a different timeline.
That wasn't the warrior within or two thrones prince.

This TR is also a complete reboot just like DmC.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well it depends on the game you know. POP TFS was forced game in the series. This game on the other hand is much needed game of the hour because TR series was beginning to fall so a much needed reboot was necessary, and its going to be very good game.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Brilliant gameplay. :)

This is surely an uncharted killer. The combat is extremely realistic.
Man this is miles ahead than what TR underworld brought not that long ago.

To see such significant changes in a franchise is stunning. This will sell no doubt.

Top Bottom