Tomb Raider Series Reboot

gameranand

Living to Play
Fellas Fellas Fellas, here is the explanation why she screams a lot from Rhianna Pratchett
Rewriting Tomb Raider

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Some interesting info:

TOMB RAIDER WILL BE 12-15 HOURS LONG , LARA WILL HAVE REGEN HEALTH AND CAN'T SWIM

So its good bye to the iconic medi-kits that we loved in tomb raider's glorious years ( my teenage childhood ).

gameranand

Living to Play
Well TBH the health regeneration system don't matter much to me as health packs were plenty in all Tomb Raider games and it was just another button to press to regenerate health and now its not. Not much of a big deal to me. Swimming part yes, they should have included that in the game and it would be hard to get used to Lara who can't swim, still I would wait for the reviews, maybe there won't be much scenarios in this game where swimming is necessary. :)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Actually this is a complete reboot and totally focuses differently into her character from previous games. Lara here is very young and highly amateur. So in other words, she hasn't learned to swim yet ( at least under huge water bodies that is). Eventually, in the sequels, she will get tougher and tougher knowing more skills and so on. This came from the developers themselves.

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
Actually this a complete reboot and completely focuses differently into her character from previous games. Lara here is very young and highly amateur. So in other words, she hasn't learned to swim yet ( at least under huge water bodies that is). Eventually, in the sequels, she will get tougher and tougher knowing more skills and so on. This came from the developers themselves.

Exactly. The writer have already said this and after some time in this game the screams of Lara would become lesser as she becomes more adapt to the violent environment.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
The gameplay looks amazing and insanely realistic for a TPS action adventure game.

[YOUTUBE]4k2NGryuKvs[/YOUTUBE]

This video is a testament to that.

Also watch the following gameplay with dev comments. Being an old die hard fan of tombraider, i'm excited like hell.:whistleblower:

[YOUTUBE]j9i_U9y4BWI[/YOUTUBE]

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
the combat gameplay is fast paced and awesome....also the snow and rain effects are cool...the environment too feels live

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
I am also exited to play as young Lara who is not much experienced. Its a well needed reboot.

Forget experience. Anand just check the first video i posted. Man i'm spellbound by the quality of gameplay. Honestly i've never experienced a game character move so realistically ingame displaying life like emotions. The graphics also surpass uncharted imo. You won't be able to distinguish between gameplay and in game video sequences.
Meticulously done by the developers.

This has already raised the bars to great levels for others to follow.

the combat gameplay is fast paced and awesome....also the snow and rain effects are cool...the environment too feels live

Yeah it has completely left me speechless. Never expected tombraider to be this good. Since i'm with this franchise (playing) for the past 12 years(from old ps1 days) or so, seeing lara evolve to these levels is really
something for me and i guess everybody. Its releasing on march btw. :grin:

cyborg47

Technomancer
The gameplay looks amazing and insanely realistic for a TPS action adventure game.
[YOUTUBE]4k2NGryuKvs[/YOUTUBE]

Cut scene after 8 seconds of gameplay. #moderngamedesignfail :|
This might sound harsh, but to be honest, this video makes the game look like a cheap clone of Uncharted.

The graphics also surpass uncharted imo

Can't believe you just said that, may be you should look back how beautiful uncharted is.
*www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-what-if-uncharted-3-ran-at-60-fps

I appreciate CD's efforts on TR, but the game is not even close to the level of uncharted.

Last edited:
OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
Cut scene after 8 seconds of gameplay. #moderngamedesignfail :|
why is it a fail because of a cutscene:| ?

This might sound harsh, but to be honest, this video makes the game look like a cheap clone of Uncharted.
I appreciate CD's efforts on TR, but the game is not even close to the level of uncharted.

I too agree that Uncharted is in a different league altogether...the gameplay feels dynamic enough...but why do u think its a cheap clone of Uncharted?

sure the gameplay is similar....and I think its a good thing that someone is following the 'Uncharted' path to bring that kind of experience to the pc :)

Top Bottom