Tomb Raider Series Reboot

abhidev

Human Spambot
It’s a trend you’ve seen in a ton of movies till date, and now a full-fledged reboot of the Tomb Raider series is incoming in the form of an "origins" story. Forget about the Lara Croft you’ve seen and thought about on those lonely nights; this one is “younger and inexperienced” but that doesn’t mean she isn’t smoking hot.

According to US video game magazine, Game Informer (who by the way are the guys getting the exclusive reveal this month), this reboot is one born out of necessity and not choice. In it Lara Croft finds herself ship-wrecked on a desolate island where she must use every trick in the book to survive. Rumors circulating the net a while back suggested that the game may play out in the vein of an Assassin’s Creed with a huge emphasis on free-roaming, which we’re sure will tie into the platforming segments. Furthermore, there were whispers around the water-cooler that the game would in fact have certain shades of "survival horror" as well.

[YOUTUBE]RN7_8Yholm4[/YOUTUBE]

Some more Info on how the game will be:
Story Line: -

"After a brutal storm destroys the boat she was travelling on, a frightened young woman is left washed ashore on an unknown beach. On her own but not alone she has only one goal, to survive."

Here begins the first adventure for a young and inexperienced Lara Croft in a story which charts the journey of an ordinary woman who finds out just how far she must go in order to stay alive.

Game elements:-

Lara Croft will be 21 in Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider will be rated M for Mature / 18+
There will be no real life Lara Croft model
Tomb Raider is a reboot of the brand, not only the series
There are brutal deaths in the game this time. One is described as a deranged man stabbing Lara in the chest and another includes a boulder falling on her leg to trap her before another falls and crushes her head.
Weapons to include a shotgun, bow and pistols
The lock on targeting system is gone and it now has a free aim system
There are base camps in the game. Here you can combine items to create something new and access a skill system to upgrade Lara's abilities. You'll also be able to use base camps to fast travel to different locations to minimize backtracking.
You'll need to gather food and water in order to survive
There are humans in the game, including some of the crew members from the shipwreck off the coast of the island.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
YAY for the new Lara. Here's her concept art from GI magazine:

*imgur.com/vGJTX.jpg

And guess what's my new wallpaper now ;-) :

*img251.imageshack.us/img251/664/83463313.jpg

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
@abhidev: R u Tomb-Raider Fan?Did u played any of her latest installments???

I have played few till TR-underworld...wanted to play Anniversary...

The new character looks more realistic as compared to the previous character which was all made up of style...style...style...and hot;-)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26636

wow...bruised, battered & beaten....yet still sooo....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I have played few till TR-underworld...wanted to play Anniversary...

don't switch to anniversary after playing underworld. you won't last long (hard gameplay & annoying at times) & its a bad logic to try a previous game after playing the latest. but when i played underworld, it was so much buggy :sad: taken away the excitement of playing it.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I don't like the new look. She looks a lot less tomboyish :(

Dude, she looks real bad ass. I think, they were shooting for this kind of looks. Its like she has just killed 1000bad dudes. Good to see Lara finally out of that glamorous and rich circle. I must say, the best Lara concept :p

All i can expect is the game is going to be Gritty, bad ass and dark

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Dude, she looks real bad ass. I think, they were shooting for this kind of looks. Its like she has just killed 1000bad dudes. Good to see Lara finally out of that glamorous and rich circle. I must say, the best Lara concept :p

yup it will be with only word missing 'HOT'......nothing else.....
& using a bow & arrow wud much more delight....

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

Nah, she looks more vulnerable IMO. And that besmirched look with scar above nose looks cheap. It's too trite and hackneyed.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Nah, she looks more vulnerable IMO. And that besmirched look with scar above nose looks cheap. It's too trite and hackneyed.

It is a bit far fetched to say that it is hackneyed. We have to wait what the story and game play has to offer.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ will it be a sequel to Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light? or is this some kind of totally new project?

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^^ will it be a sequel to Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light? or is this some kind of totally new project?

"After a brutal storm destroys the boat she was travelling on, a frightened young woman is left washed ashore on an unknown beach. On her own but not alone she has only one goal, to survive."

Here begins the first adventure for a young and inexperienced Lara Croft in a story which charts the journey of an ordinary woman who finds out just how far she must go in order to stay alive.

Sounds completely new. But there might be few old characters showing up here and there(I guess). This is new Lara(?). Or she might be our good old Lara and might have forgotten the skills she is having because of the accident they have mentioned.

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
don't switch to anniversary after playing underworld. you won't last long (hard gameplay & annoying at times) & its a bad logic to try a previous game after playing the latest. but when i played underworld, it was so much buggy :sad: taken away the excitement of playing it.

For me The Tomb Raider character combat movements are stiff....not flexible as AC or POP...hope this new one has some smooth combat moves...

Ramu_Kaka

Right off the assembly line
For me The Tomb Raider character combat movements are stiff....not flexible as AC or POP...hope this new one has some smooth combat moves...

Agreed. A bit lousiness is always there in Tomb Raider games. She is agile no doubt about that, animations in the games are great. But issues with Collision detection, Clipping, tends to take away the fun. And I think, we are not alone here.

Top Bottom