To dispose off old STB

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Hello fellows!

i have a tata sky sd stb. i had upgraded to its hd+ stb in 2011, and the sd stb is lying packed in its box since then, as initially i had planned to use it with my pc, but that didn't happen. i now want to dispose it off. wanted to know whether it could be sold to anyone, and if yes, what is the way of getting it activated for someone else/transfer to someone else. and if that is not possible, i would then contact tata sky to take it back with them. please let me know.

thanks!

edit: alright. i learnt that if selling to someone, i would need to transfer my account to them. perhaps that won't be possible since my current account is in use for my present hd+ stb. any other way out?

Last edited:

ankitj1611

Journeyman
Olx is best way to sell.Just try to post add and see if it helps you.i think digicard will be handled to the person to whom you will sell.And call tatasky cc and ask them that i am buying from my friend can it be transferred?Just a short story....;)

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
They usually take that away with them in exchange of a new.
That's how it happened when they upgraded my mpeg2 stb to mpeg4 and the other one to HD only(no rec.)

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
thanks for all the replies!

- - - Updated - - -

Olx is best way to sell.Just try to post add and see if it helps you.i think digicard will be handled to the person to whom you will sell.And call tatasky cc and ask them that i am buying from my friend can it be transferred?Just a short story....;)

i had a chat with the tata sky cc. i told them that i want to give it to a friend. i was told that he can use it by subscribing to any SD package.

- - - Updated - - -

ask Tatasky CC about buying back the STB in exchange of a discount on current package.

They usually take that away with them in exchange of a new.
That's how it happened when they upgraded my mpeg2 stb to mpeg4 and the other one to HD only(no rec.)

while getting the HD+ connection, i had asked the technician to take the SD box away, but he said you would get just 200 bucks in return or something like that. then in a flash i had an idea to use it with my PC and TV tuner card. however, that never happened, and hence i now wish to sell it off.

Top Bottom