"To all iPhone customers" -Steve Jobs (Apple is NOT a ruthless corporation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
To all iPhone customers:

I have received hundreds of emails from iPhone customers who are upset about Apple dropping the price of iPhone by $200 two months after it went on sale. After reading every one of these emails, I have some observations and conclusions.

First, I am sure that we are making the correct decision to lower the price of the 8GB iPhone from $599 to $399, and that now is the right time to do it. iPhone is a breakthrough product, and we have the chance to 'go for it' this holiday season. iPhone is so far ahead of the competition, and now it will be affordable by even more customers. It benefits both Apple and every iPhone user to get as many new customers as possible in the iPhone 'tent'. We strongly believe the $399 price will help us do just that this holiday season.

Second, being in technology for 30+ years I can attest to the fact that the technology road is bumpy. There is always change and improvement, and there is always someone who bought a product before a particular cutoff date and misses the new price or the new operating system or the new whatever. This is life in the technology lane. If you always wait for the next price cut or to buy the new improved model, you'll never buy any technology product because there is always something better and less expensive on the horizon. The good news is that if you buy products from companies that support them well, like Apple tries to do, you will receive years of useful and satisfying service from them even as newer models are introduced.

Third, even though we are making the right decision to lower the price of iPhone, and even though the technology road is bumpy, we need to do a better job taking care of our early iPhone customers as we aggressively go after new ones with a lower price. Our early customers trusted us, and we must live up to that trust with our actions in moments like these.

Therefore, we have decided to offer every iPhone customer who purchased an iPhone from either Apple or AT&T, and who is not receiving a rebate or any other consideration, a $100 store credit towards the purchase of any product at an Apple Retail Store or the Apple Online Store. Details are still being worked out and will be posted on Apple's website next week. Stay tuned.

We want to do the right thing for our valued iPhone customers. We apologize for disappointing some of you, and we are doing our best to live up to your high expectations of Apple.

Steve Jobs
Apple CEO

[Via Apple]

Damn right you are. We love you, Steve. Sorry for doubting you! :p

What an awesome company! This is surreal. :D

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
LOL! Yeah, certainly. :p

My signature also needs a change - it should be four industries quite soon. :D

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
good move by Apple..but why only 100$..they should even offer 200$ credit.

but anyway......anything for free is always welcomed.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
They have used an extremely cool and exclusive phone for two and a half months already. If someone complains even now (and I don't think there are going to be (m)any), they are just being extremely whiny.

Holy crap, this is unbelievable! I saw the story on digg when it had twelve diggs. I immediately posted it here and then clicked on the 'digg' button on the story. From 4 comments to 120; from 12 to 920 diggs - in just a matter of minutes! Like I said, Holy Crap!! :eek:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Good move, but Apple knows how to keep the money to themselves.

Therefore, we have decided to offer every iPhone customer who purchased an iPhone from either Apple or AT&T, and who is not receiving a rebate or any other consideration, a $100 store credit towards the purchase of any product at an Apple Retail Store or the Apple Online Store

So, I m not getting $200 back, but instead $100 which I can use only to buy Apple products.

I wonder, isn't Apple still ruthless.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gx_saurav said:
Good move, but Apple knows how to keep the money to themselves.
Of course they do. They're a business; a corporation. It is all about the money for most.
Fortunately for us, Apple customers, Apple likes to keep us happy while they make money. No one whose opinion is even remotely important is complaining.

gx_saurav said:
So, I m not getting $200 back, but instead $100 which I can use only to buy Apple products.
Apple Stores (both the retail ones and the online version) house a whole host of non-Apple goods and accessories.

To quote a commenter on digg - "Quityer*****in!"

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
o! so now apple does it so its business if ms does something for its business objectives its unethical ... amazing logic ...

tum karo toh chamatakar, hum karein toh balatkar

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I, for one, almost never term Microsoft's business practices unethical. In fact, I have, time and again, expressed my appreciation for the fact that they can wrap a load of crap in tinfoil and sell it to Queen Elizabeth as earings!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
"wrap a load of crap in tinfoil and sell it to Queen Elizabeth as earings!" - na. thats apple .. ms just wraps its stuff in plastic ;)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
they can wrap a load of crap in tinfoil and sell it to Queen Elizabeth as earings!

Like iMav said, its Apple whose products look pretty according to u :D

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
LOL! You guys need some English lessons. It is the "load of crap" that was supposed to be the subject, not what it was wrapped in! :lol:

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
aryayush said:
What an awesome company! This is surreal. :D
I'm at loss of words, literally!

You are an ultimate consumer, a mere subset of a clinically sane human being. I'll keep an eye on your hedonistic intercourse with materialism - probably a hopeless search for the traces of optimism in this infinite void of ethical nothingness.

Gee, it's just a phone!

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Yamaraj said:
Gee, it's just a phone!

For me & u its a phone, for Macboys, its he solution to every human problem.

Its an iPhone, a mobile phone for $400 without software installation capability, without JAVA, without IM, video recording, bluetooth file transfer, WiFi sync, without any removable battery....its a phone & it sux at being a phone.

Let the truth be revealed about Macboys

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
gx_saurav said:
For me & u its a phone, for Macboys, its he solution to every human problem.

Its an iPhone, a mobile phone for $400 without software installation capability, without JAVA, without IM, video recording, bluetooth file transfer, WiFi sync, without any removable battery....its a phone & it sux at being a phone.

Let the truth be revealed about Macboys
Completely agreed with you.I dont know why Apple Co. has illusion that they will rule the world in any field they enter.

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
the illusion is not with the company ... its with the macboys ;) and apple makes use of this fact to its advantage ;)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
1st Apple makes there die hard fans buy iPhone for $600. Approx $300 more then the original production price, meaning they were making 100% profit per unit, thats even more then what pepsi makes :D

Then they reduce the cost to $400, making fools of all early adapters. $200 in 2 months, thats the fastest price cut ever...this means that Apple was already making lots of profit on $600 iPhone & they are still making with $400, about $100.

Now Apple is giving $100 Gift Coupon which u can only use to buy stuff from Apple store.....

Lolz...who is benefiting here? Apple or the customer.....even if we buy a Microsoft keyboard from Apple store, who is getting the profit? Microsoft or Apple.

If people use this to buy "Upgrade to Leopard", still Apple is making profit & well, they will then say "Leopard sold XXXXX copies" counting this upgrade packages too

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
contactpraven2001 said:
well price cut happen always ........
but giving $100 cradit..............only apple can do that thing...............
Which you can only use in an Apple story, so u r again paying the same money only to Apple. They still have that $100

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
whats the point iphones not here anyways
and sadly its not available where im getting it either so i am sticking with the k810i

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom