Tired Of Programming!

IronCruz

ICE COOOOL!!!
Hello guys. I'm doing my final year in Computer Science and engineering. I have interest in computers, so i joined CSE thinking i will learn interesting things like photoshop, animation, little bit of hardware, multimedia things. :wink: But never thought things would change this way. :cry: Right from first semester i had a subject called CCP(Computer Concepts and C programming). I loved Computer concepts, but hated C Programming. Nothing was going to my head. Somehow passed the subject. Got relief in 2nd sem as there was no computer related subjects. Again in 3rd sem i had a back in Data Structures,luckily passed in Revaluation. Things went similar in 4th sem with OOP. And now in 7th sem Java and C#, i get really angry:evil: when i hear those names. :evil: I really hate programming.:evil: I don't even wanna try it.:evil: I never thought CSE was all about programming. I wouldn't have joined CS Engg if i knew this earlier. Anyways all finish. Now i want to concentrate on my future. I want to know, what higher studies can i do after my engg? I've Shift+Del M.Tech/M.S word from my Dictionary.:twisted::p I'm thinking of doing MBA. Cn anybody tell me to which Specialization should i opt for? My interest lies in Automobiles, bank.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i lol'd when i saw the title and lol'd even more when i read you expected photoshop @ engineering degree that also CSE :p

tkin

Back to school!!
Hello guys. I'm doing my final year in Computer Science and engineering. I have interest in computers, so i joined CSE thinking i will learn interesting things like photoshop, animation, little bit of hardware, multimedia things. :wink: But never thought things would change this way. :cry: Right from first semester i had a subject called CCP(Computer Concepts and C programming). I loved Computer concepts, but hated C Programming. Nothing was going to my head. Somehow passed the subject. Got relief in 2nd sem as there was no computer related subjects. Again in 3rd sem i had a back in Data Structures,luckily passed in Revaluation. Things went similar in 4th sem with OOP. And now in 7th sem Java and C#, i get really angry:evil: when i hear those names. :evil: I really hate programming.:evil: I don't even wanna try it.:evil: I never thought CSE was all about programming. I wouldn't have joined CS Engg if i knew this earlier. Anyways all finish. Now i want to concentrate on my future. I want to know, what higher studies can i do after my engg? I've Shift+Del M.Tech/M.S word from my Dictionary.:twisted::p I'm thinking of doing MBA. Cn anybody tell me to which Specialization should i opt for? My interest lies in Automobiles, bank.
This is going to go on failbook and on 9gag, come on man, seriously? :lol:

Go give bank clerk/PO exam/MBA, you had just wasted 4yrs of your time.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
yeah give entrance of Bank. Not very hard. I was preparing for a similar entrance exam Still I don't know anything. :mrgreen:

EDIT: And I would say you are really good in studies,you don't have interest even though you managed to finish upto 3yrs .

Last edited:

mitraark

Decrepit
It's ok , a lot of people are not comfortable with programming , they do opt out of technical profession after graduation. The downside of this is maybe someone who really wanted to do B.Tech in CS did not get his seat because you already occupied it , but then again you may have earned the spot ahead of him through exam .

MBA seems a good option for you , although to be honest many companies require you to have basic programming knowledge . If you're absolutely certain of leaving the field of programming , start working on the competitive civil service exams and all bank , railways exams etc. but remember they are quite tough to crack to you have to start preparation from now only.

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
You are at a point in your academics when you have to think about what motivates, excites you and then concentrate on that. Get an MBA degree if you want a handsome salary, otherwise, if money isn't a big factor for you, I would suggest take some time out to do something you like.

You can enroll in some Animation/Photoshop course if you want. or learn by yourself :D

Hrishi

Please tranfer your B.tech degree to me , I need it. :p
I love programming , but sadly me no ENgineer.:(

Btw , there are many option after CSE , if you don't love programming. You can opt for Networking , which involves comparatively lesser programming.
THough , AFAIK software development and programming is the main aspect.

Btw , I know of a Mech. Enginner who went in for learning Video editing from MAAC.

VCool123

Broken In
If you want to, you could try game design/programming. Even if you don't want to code anymore, the knowledge would still be useful in pursuing game design.

If you like computer stuff but hate programming, then maybe you can go for documentation, UI design, product testing, internal beta tester or even quality assurance, and that's just the software part, same goes for hardware. There are tons of stuff around computers other than programming. What are you interested in?

sharang

Broken In
Sadly,also the indian youth having attitude like "chalta hai" should be thought about.This can bring a lot of changes.

OP
IronCruz

IronCruz

ICE COOOOL!!!
This is going to go on failbook and on 9gag, come on man, seriously? :lol:

Go give bank clerk/PO exam/MBA, you had just wasted 4yrs of your time.

I'm planning to write those exams. Want a bit of information about those exams. Even i think the same, wasted 4 years, but engineering life is something which is unforgettable. ;)

yeah give entrance of Bank. Not very hard. I was preparing for a similar entrance exam Still I don't know anything. :mrgreen:

EDIT: And I would say you are really good in studies,you don't have interest even though you managed to finish upto 3yrs .

Actually i was good in studies, computer science subjects ruined my life :p.

It's ok , a lot of people are not comfortable with programming , they do opt out of technical profession after graduation. The downside of this is maybe someone who really wanted to do B.Tech in CS did not get his seat because you already occupied it , but then again you may have earned the spot ahead of him through exam .

MBA seems a good option for you , although to be honest many companies require you to have basic programming knowledge . If you're absolutely certain of leaving the field of programming , start working on the competitive civil service exams and all bank , railways exams etc. but remember they are quite tough to crack to you have to start preparation from now only.

Thank you for this reply, feeling much confident. I have basic knowledge of programming like, arrays, stacks, pointers, oops pillars. But not thorough! I want to know about when IBPS exams are conducted and cat/mat/xat/GMAT exams are conducted. Please give me couple of name of books for preparing for these exam. Verbal and quanta and whatever required for these exams.

You are at a point in your academics when you have to think about what motivates, excites you and then concentrate on that. Get an MBA degree if you want a handsome salary, otherwise, if money isn't a big factor for you, I would suggest take some time out to do something you like.

You can enroll in some Animation/Photoshop course if you want. or learn by yourself :D

Money is a big factor, as i'm from middle class family. Can i get a good job off campus after my MBA?

If you like computer stuff but hate programming, then maybe you can go for documentation, UI design, product testing, internal beta tester or even quality assurance, and that's just the software part, same goes for hardware. There are tons of stuff around computers other than programming. What are you interested in?

No no no....I hate Software architecture things... As i said, i dont want even to look at CSE field. My areas of Interest is AUTOMOBILE, Automobile Designing.

Anish

Spectre
M.Tech in Automobile engineering? (but it seems you've ruled out M.Tech!)

and I would also suggest you UPSC

Currently after an MBA you can look at a salary of around 5-6lpa.. If you do it from a reputed BSchool.. From a premier one you can expect higher returns.. In MBA you can opt for Operations since you said Automobile and Finance since you said Banking.. Other than that PO in banks is also a good option but there are chances they will take you into their IT division seeing your qualifications..

OP
IronCruz

IronCruz

ICE COOOOL!!!
As soon as i finish my engineering, i want to do my MBA. So i'm writing CAT,MAT,XAT and also i'll be writing IBPS. Can anyone tell me when these exams are conducted? And books for preparing these exams?

ratul

█████████████████
haha, you and i have same attitude, but different objectives.. :p
i joined engineering coz i loved programming, i used to think that engineering students used to program like hell, that analytical thinking mind, i wanted it.. :p
but when i joined engineering, i realised that how wrong i was, i got DS, C, Java, Html, but there was close to none programming, everything was almost theory, and I HATE THEORETICAL KNOWLEDGE, i wanted a 60-40 ratio, where 60 used to be programming, but it eventually turned out to be 10-90.. :(
Like you too, i have completed now 7th sem, and now in final sem, and i wanna make a career further in IT security... :)
But in 7 sems, i have realized: Engineering is just for the people, who are brave enough to sacrifice their youthful and cheerful college life (i always craved for a life in college like DU's life, but then.. :(), not everyone can do that.. :p

Neo

Man, seriously, lol. :rofl: this is what happens lol when you take lol decisions without thinking lol anything lol. Oh and did I mention this is lol?

Go, do m. tech. Become a lecturer in some lol college. Lead a happy life.
Or try some bank jobs. LOL.

Top Bottom