Time to end piracy....at least to an extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Many of us(close to ninety9percent) used pirated games. Of course we used, coz they were at the cost of bomb in India...but I think GTA IV has come up with this good thing....The game is just for 450 bucks!!!! ......and check the torrents, it sizes around 13 GB, that will make 3 DVDs on pirated, that will approximately cost us 250-300.....but putting an additional 150 is giving us original game, isnt that beautiful, no need of cracks and updates and all will go smooth,......its a good thing in our country coz there has always been a rule that "price low and sales will go high", and if all the upcoming titles are priced like this, not even us but the gaming companies will be at profit.....of course count the engineers who spend years in designing a game.....
It ll give us technical supports, updates, multiplayers, and the best of all, we ll have a original game collection at our holmes, isnt that wonderful!!!!! :D

mrintech

Technomancer
So wanna end piracy, why don't you take some legal actions right here: *www.bsa.org/country.aspx?sc_lang=hi-IN

;)

Report Piracy here: *www.bsa.org/country/Report Piracy.aspx

Last edited:
OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Thr is no time for legal action....against how many will u take it....system is interrelated.....no use of these links

we all have tendency to sit and wait...we think about "others are doing this too", at least that can be repaired

Last edited:

mrintech

Technomancer
Thr is no time for legal action....against how many will u take it....system is interrelated.....no use of these links

we all have tendency to sit and wait...we think about "others are doing this too", at least that can be repaired
This is the case only in India, Bet you.... ;)

In my school we are tought about how to stop piracy but who cares no body listens coz there are many non comp users. If there is one way to stop piracy is to provide some decent free utilities & os and make it compulsory in school comp education so that children don't have search for pirated softwares. But in the case of games idont know

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Look, assume case 1: WinXP Pro is 6000 bucks and case 2: WinXP Pro is 1000 bucks......i suppose microsoft will gain more in case 2, as definitely a huge number of people will buy it, at least people who have even a lil knowledge abt Piracy...problem is prices in India are very high

ruturaj3

Journeyman
If all games in india r release at cost 500 like GTA IV, then most of ti people will buy ti og one.

cyber

my name defines me
i hav a doubt actually we all know many piracy sites(if we type in torrent then a bunch lot will appear).even somebody who controls piracy knows his.then why no legal action is taking place???????????

mrintech

Technomancer
^^^^

Jugaad.... Simple ;)

and

A Simple Disclaimer Notice works which states that: We are not responsible for the Uploads users made here. If you find any files hosted here which violates copyright, please report us and the file will be suitably deleted within next 24 Hours ;) And after deletion, someone agai uploads it. No one has time to report tons of file ;)

This is the Power of Disclaimer Page ;)

amizdu

Broken In
Never knew GTA 4 was selling for so less... Thanks for the info.

Now, I really want to buy this after my exams.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Well, piracy is not just about games, it a wideload phenomenon, though you may reduce the price all you want, yet you will always find unsatisfied customers, piracy won't go away any soon, it may never go away (a scary thought), the more the pirates, the more tighter the copy protection and online activations and such mechanism get. So its an infinite loop, the only thing you can decide is on your personal level, which pill would you take, the red one or the blue?

I don't know if u guys r updated or not, but POP 3 in 1 series is selling @649.
3 in 1 series ? you mean all the three games together ?
can somebody please tell me how POP works under the latest version of WINE ? :D
Maya and 3dsmax cost a nuclear bomb :D
But atleast maya is giving a free PLE version. And in cases of software, alternatives exist. But nobody is going to make a free PoP clone for you, rest assured.

Another great game is Unreal Tournament 2004. Runs on all PCs, Runs on Linux, Macintosh and Windows, costs Rs. 500 and has around 100 good quality freeware mods to continue playing forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom