time taken to burn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desperado

Broken In
.. give us a resolution to minimize this issue ..? kalpik's idea comes close ....how do i find which channel my dvd is set to..

-- can u help me with one more issue .... whenever i play a dvd/ cd the sound is slightly blurry/echoes ... but when i play a movie saved on my harddsik.. it sounds perfectttt...

any suggestions why this is happening.. a step by step setting for IDE channels would be appreciated...

Last edited:

djmykey

Let the music play.....
I used my LG GSA-H10N on a USB 2.0 external case.
DVD used Princo (dont frag me was testing this setup)

DVD burned at 4x in 13 mins flat. No buffer problems or nothing. Just smooth.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Desperado said:
.. give us a resolution to minimize this issue ..? kalpik's idea comes close ....how do i find which channel my dvd is set to..

-- can u help me with one more issue .... whenever i play a dvd/ cd the sound is slightly blurry/echoes ... but when i play a movie saved on my harddsik.. it sounds perfectttt...

any suggestions why this is happening.. a step by step setting for IDE channels would be appreciated...
Hmm.. You can use Nero Info Tool (under nero toolkit) to find out the channel your writer is connected to. And your second problem is also due to DMA most probably..

thetopcyborg

Journeyman
:sad: i reinstalled my drive but the time taken is same....moreover, the time taken to burn a Sony cd-r at 48x is 2mins.....
mommy!!!!!!1

and btw, i hv two drives, a really old samsung as master and the benq as slave.....i want to interchange the two i.e want to convert benq as master and samsung as slave....will i be able to do that just by changing the ide connectors?????
and will it affect my drives in any way?

kalpik

^^ You dont have to change the connectors.. Just change the jumpers (read about them in the manual, they are next to the IDE cable). And 2 mins @ 48X for a CD is perfectly normal.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
@Desperado - Tell me how u play a movie frm a dvd, I mean player and all. Coz u might b using a diff player and the player might b having a diff sound setting. So check that and then reply.

Desperado

Broken In
thx djmykey .. its vlc player ..i was using this player for abt 2 month... never had this problem earlier.. ... my dvd rw is set to secondary ide channel.. and when i change it to DMA .. i cant even see the media files..

only if i revert it back to PIO mode dat i can play the movies.. but as i said the sound echoes..

djmykey

Let the music play.....
I dunno abt vlc but u can check if u r using some equaliser or some effects that might b making some hall effect or sumthing.

Dont change the PIO mode to DMA the optical drive wont work. Optical drives work on PIO mode only.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
In alcohol 120% my sony G120A takes 5 min nd 8 min to burn a 16x nd 8x full DVDs. But my drive is a bit slower at burning CDs. It takes 3min or a max 3min 20sec, as the drive supports CD burn speed of max 40x.

Desperado

Broken In
i have tried windows media player too..it still echoes..i think i need to repeat my problm..

the movies sounds perfectt whem they are saved on my harddisk..

its only with dvd player dat i have this problem..

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Wait am I missing something. U r saying DVD player is it a hardware player or something else. Do clarify this point pls then I can think of something that mightve gone wrong.

kalpik

djmykey said:
Optical drives work on PIO mode only.

Who told you that?!

@Desperado: If your drive is not working with DMA, there is definately something wrong with the drive or your chipset on the motherboard. You could also try formatting and re-installing windows..

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
i use HP dvd writer.....

it takes arnd 8-10 min to burn a dvd media (4.7 GB writex 8x) at 8x....:)

but i don't know why it takes arnd 10-11 min to burn a dvd media(4.7 GB writex 16x) @ 12x....:(

kalpik

Dual layer DVD in 11 minutes??? Impossible dude! Dual layer takes at least 20-25 minutes on the fastest writers available today..

djmykey

Let the music play.....
@Kalpik - One task for u. Do gimme a screenshot of the device manager where it mentions that a CD ROM/RW, DVD ROM/RW works in a DMA mode then I will agree with you. Coz I believe in what I see so pls do that for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom