time taken to burn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Journeyman
I want to know how much time it takes to burn a 4.6 gb data using a dvd burner using different speed . Also I want to know time takes to burn for CD also at different speed .

thanks ,

vikasg03

Journeyman
5 min??? impossible.... I use moserbare DVD @16x and my LG dvd writer takes 45-50 min to burn 4.5 GB data in DVD...
vikas

Desperado

Broken In
hey i m GUESSING .. it depends on the media you use... i use MOSAER bear and it takes 50 - 60 mins to burn a dvd.. i m planning to try some other media like sony etc some time soon

i have a sony dvd writer

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ How do you people live with 50-60 minutes to burn a DVD! There is definately something wrong with your drives! Check if DMA is enabled! It should take somewhere around 6 minutes to burn @ 16x. My BenQ DW 1650 takes a little under 6 minutes to burn a full DVD.

@vinyas: 5 minutes is impossible (unless you have an 18x writer). You must not have burned a *full* DVD.

champ_rock

champ_rock
check ur buffer's .. if they continuosly decline and then move back up then there is some problem.... that results in a major time lag..

thetopcyborg

Journeyman
kalpik said:
^^ How do you people live with 50-60 minutes to burn a DVD! There is definately something wrong with your drives! Check if DMA is enabled! It should take somewhere around 6 minutes to burn @ 16x. My BenQ DW 1650 takes a little under 6 minutes to burn a full DVD.

@vinyas: 5 minutes is impossible (unless you have an 18x writer). You must not have burned a *full* DVD.
hey, i also have the same drive......to burn moserbaer 4.7gb at 8x, it takes 20-30 mins......y is this??? and DMA fails whenever i enable it

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
8x should take around 12-15 minutes. For your DMA problem, right click on your primary/secondary IDE channel (depending on which channel your writer is connected to) and select un-install. Then reboot. Windows will install the IDE channel again. Then try enabling DMA.

vinyas

In the zone
Burnt 3 DVD Today ... movies of size 4.35 gb

i am using Sony DVD+R Ver 2.0,16x media

DVD 1 : 5.10 mins
DVD 2: 5.07 mins
DVD 3 : 5.12 mins

using nero 7 .....

average it takes 5 mins for me ... i dont like moser baer media ... had problems finalising the DVD.... been using sony for almost 6 months now ... no probs at all...though Media is a touch expensive .... dont mind paying the price as long they maintain quality

Pragadheesh

In the zone
DVD @ 8x-12mins
@ 4x-16mins
Cds at 32x-4mins using sony dvd writer & Nero 7

Last edited:

Pragadheesh

In the zone
i have some old cds (of just 100 MB)for which i want to find the speed at which its burnt so dat i can do multisession over it?
Any ideas?? Plz help me frenz..:(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom