Tight Budget Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Tell u guys the truth, I don't wanna tread the MSI or Asrock or any other brand way. I want to stick to trusted brands like ASUS or Gigabyte!

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Oh ok.....but Why ??? :confused: MSI P35 Neo-F is a very good mobo......

Anyways, Gigabyte's EP35 DS3R is good.

For ASUS's P35 offerings, look at the P5K.

BTW, ASUS's P5K VM, which is a G33 based mobo also has a good support for Linux and is a good mobo too......:)

Last edited:

acewin

Point Blanc
I thought MSI was good trusted brand.
And interestingly I know MSI before Asus, thought Asus was just another company like IOmega just dealing in storage products

imgame2

Padawan
Tell u guys the truth, I don't wanna tread the MSI or Asrock or any other brand way. I want to stick to trusted brands like ASUS or Gigabyte!

ASUS P5k is the one for u its supported by all linux distro and ...i haven't heard many problems with it .......so u shouldn't face any ..available @ lynx for 7.9k+tax ....

u should also look around for any problem with any linux distro ...if u are satisfied then this is the one u should go for ...both ubuntu and open SuSE 11.0 says that this mobo runs out of the box !

u can buy a 4670 now and later some good card...and mixed crossfire with a better card ..if it works out for u ...that will be nice for ur 26" monitor ...

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
P5K! Saw it, is a good motherboard, supports Crossfire but I would make it my 2nd choice, for first I still need a one that can/has:
1. Newer chipset,P45 or X48 or X38
2. Support for Linux distros!
3. Crossfire or SLi support appreciated !
Now people as my earlier expenses led to just 5K budget for MoBo, I have now revised it to 30K and that's the limit so now suggest me a MoBo in the range of 8K as I have already made up my mind on the following. BTW if you have something better in mind please do tell:
  1. Processor-E8400=8K
  2. GPU-Palit HD4850=10K
  3. Cabinet-CM Elite 330=2K
  4. RAM- 2x1GB DDR2 833MHZ = 2K
Now please guys shoot the $h1t out! :p

Was checking out ASUS's site and found this Baby, tell me your thoughts on this---P5KC

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Abit is EOL....

Go for the ASUS P5K if you want Linux support or the P5Q if you want P45 board....your choice.

I dunno why you dont like MSI..but its your choice :|.

And E8400 + 4GB RAM + Palit HD4850 512MB GDDR3 :D.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Ya......RAM is dirt cheap this days and I know Plasma_Snake, he's an avid gamer and will require more RAM if he plans to game on this :).

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
So should I go for this Asus P5KC, a homie at TE warned me against it. BTW how much a P45 chipset based board with support for both DDR2 and DDR3 wud cost? Also does E8400 comes with a Stock HSF or does one has to buy a seperate cooling solution for it?

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
So should I go for this Asus P5KC, a homie at TE warned me against it. BTW how much a P45 chipset based board with support for both DDR2 and DDR3 wud cost? Also does E8400 comes with a Stock HSF or does one has to buy a seperate cooling solution for it?

hmm....the E8400 comes with a HSF AFAIK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom