In the Zone
@plasma_snake

the link in ur siggy My Rig:*img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=myrigyv8.jpg

is not working....

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
HD4850 runs hot and no 3rd party cooler has been able to keep this pitbull cool, yet!
Final Budget is 21K min. and 27K max. Shoot Off your suggestions BUT remember;
  1. Processor will be E8400 as there's lil difference between its and E8200's price and since this rig is going to be handed down to my lil sis probably, I want something that should last next 3 years for her.
  2. Cabinet, I've Decided for CM Elite 330 but if you any in same price bracket and better than this then please do tell!
  3. I might have to buy RAM too.
MoBo,I'm confused what to look for, P45,X48 or what. Would seriously love one having both DDR2 and DDR3 option or DDR2 upto 16GB.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
hmm......the MSI P35 Neo-F support both DDR3 and DDR2 but its a P35 based mobo........MSI P45 Neo-F is a nice mobo......for other P45 based mobos, look at ASUSTek's P5Q which is a solid mobo.....for X38, Abit IX38 Quad.... Get 4GB Transcend DDR2 800Mhz RAM (Kingston is also good)....2x2GB dual channel......Get the NVIDIA 9800GTX+ GPU and E8400 CPU :D.

toofan

Technomancer
HD4850 runs hot and no 3rd party cooler has been able to keep this pitbull cool, yet!
Final Budget is 21K min. and 27K max. Shoot Off your suggestions BUT remember

No its not true. New HD4850 released after 31 july are coool. You can look here *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97053

And you have 24 inch tft then don't you think that you must buy an HD4850 or even HD4870.

And what will you do with 16GB RAM:confused:? For a 32bit system more then 2GB Ram is useless. Am I right guys?

imgame2

Padawan
buy a palit HD4850 with latest BIOS runs idles at 45-49 deg and on load 67 deg ....with no extrra cooling required with about six people hre in forum have already bought the card including me ...never have any heating or noise problem ...so things have changed for HD4850 ...u can buy it peacefully ....make sure buy the one with latest maufacturing date ...and u can get the palit HD4850 for 9.5k to 9.7k ...

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
@ comp@addict, can u please mention out the prices too!

OK fellas this is what it has come down to;

1. Processor-E8400- 8K(Hope to get a SLB9J one)
  2. GPU- Palit HD4850 - 10K
  3. Cabinet- CM Elite 330-2K
  4. RAM- Transcend 2x1GB DDR2 800MHz (getting a 1GB Transcend one in exchange for the rig, if no compatibility issue between Kingston and Transcend then will go for Kingston one)
It all comes down to the Motherboard, can I get a good sturdy reliable motherboard, preferably P45, in a budget of 5K or would I have to make room for 1K more and look in the range of 6K? Please Advice!

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
^^For 6.4k, you can get MSI P45 Neo-F which is a solid P45 based mobo...

Corrected

@ comp@addict, can u please mention out the prices too!

OK fellas this is what it has come down to;

1. Processor-E8400- 8K(Hope to get a SLB9J one)
  2. GPU- Palit HD4850 - 10K
  3. Cabinet- CM Elite 330-2K
  4. RAM- Transcend 2x1GB DDR2 800MHz (getting a 1GB Transcend one in exchange for the rig, if no compatibility issue between Kingston and Transcend then will go for Kingston one)
It all comes down to the Motherboard, can I get a good sturdy reliable motherboard, preferably P45, in a budget of 5K or would I have to make room for 1K more and look in the range of 6K? Please Advice!

I'm sorry but the prices had been mentioned by many many ppl beforehand.

Last edited:
OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Please also tell me whether if there is going to be any trouble running Ubuntu/OpenSUSE on dem motherboards 'cause I don't remember correctly but some very reputed MoBo manufacturer was deliberately crippling its mobos so as not to run Linux.

imgame2

Padawan
Please also tell me whether if there is going to be any trouble running Ubuntu/OpenSUSE on dem motherboards 'cause I don't remember correctly but some very reputed MoBo manufacturer was deliberately crippling its mobos so as not to run Linux.

MSI P45 neo doesn't have support of neither Open Suse 11.0 or ubuntu ...and people had trouble installing it on MSI P45neo ....

but officially Asus P5Q has support of ubuntu ..but had problem recognising the hard drive in SATA ...similar is the case of open suse 11.0

but for some people Asus P5Q worked for both ubuntu and open suse 11.0 after some tweak in Bios....

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Well I need a board that has good Linux support too, after all its where the real deal hides as Linux only has the power to demonstrate the power of the demons and harness it according to the will!

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
WTH, newer boards not supporting Linux :mad: Please tell me one that can provide good support for both type of OS as I'll be shifting slowly towards Linux, hopefully! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom